Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Tech Talk Forum

Tech Talk Forum Photography & Technical Related Only!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Poll on Photoshop CS
Old 11-12-2003, 09:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36068
Comments: 1

StuHaluski is offline IP: 66.56.78.245

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

[pollstart]
[polltitle=Who has Photoshop CS?]
[polloption=I have Photoshop CS]
[polloption=I don't have it yet but intend to get it]
[polloption=I am not going to get Photoshop CS]
[pollstop]

I have been using Photoshop CS for about 5 hours and all I can say thus far is I have gotten my moneys worth for the upgrade and I believe it is the best upgrade I ever gotten(I started with vers 4). It's not just amazing what new stuff you can do but more amazing is how simply you can do it.

The shadow-highlight tool just rocks. Lighting ratio too high or too low, little bit too much or too little fill flash and this tool will erase that mistake in less than a minute.

The browser is really a good tool not just a throw in. I may do without my ACDsee browser now.

The RAW plug in is cool.

16 bit across a broader range of tools is nice.

EXIF editing and adding notes to the actual file seems worthwhile now.

The replace color tool is updated and is easier to use.

Any numerical based correction now has "invisible sliders" next to it so u can slide and watch instead typing in numbers, serious time saver....

I haven't hit on everything because I haven't tried all the new stuff yet.

BTW the training cd is nice, I am actually interested in the companies "full" cds. It really helps you jump right into using the new features of Photoshop.

#1 untouched. #2 was adjusted using only the shadow-highlight tool and touched up with the heal brush only. No levels, curves or brightness/contrast adjustments, only the shadow highlght tool was used to control contrast and density. Check out her hair seperation from tha backgorund in #2.

No I dont work for Adobe. I'm just really freakin happy with what I got for my money and trying to share.

Stu
  View Public Profile Send a private message to StuHaluski Visit StuHaluski's homepage! Find More Posts by StuHaluski

Re: Poll on Photoshop CS
Old 11-12-2003, 10:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
**DONOTDELETE**

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 67.82.32.217

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Have it...love it....swear by it...Alice will be teaching with it....

Rick Shellhouse
Body Visions & Photo101

Photoshop CS seriously rocks !
Old 11-12-2003, 11:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
**DONOTDELETE**

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 24.214.88.188

I loaded my upgrade on a dual processor Macintosh G5 2 Ghz machine.

This is cooking with gas !!!!

Money very well spent !

I\'m an idiot, what is CS?
Old 11-13-2003, 01:05 AM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35606
Comments: 0

Jerry_Avenaim is offline IP: 67.119.56.108

Avenaim
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Jerry_Avenaim Visit Jerry_Avenaim's homepage! Find More Posts by Jerry_Avenaim

Re: I\'m an idiot, what is CS?
Old 11-13-2003, 04:18 AM   #5 (permalink)

Member GG#: 36617
Send a message via MSN to cserdan

cserdan is offline IP: 171.19.1.8

CS means Counter-Strike which is an FPS for... Oh always those sily games [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I never play with them [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
  View Public Profile Send a private message to cserdan Visit cserdan's homepage! Find More Posts by cserdan

Old 11-13-2003, 06:47 AM   #6 (permalink)
**DONOTDELETE**

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 67.82.32.217

Jerry,

Cs is Creative Suite....its adobes new name for photoshop 8 basically. Everyone is software is getting away from the version numbers to make it easier to sell upgrades. I mean which sounds better Photoshop Creative Suite or Photoshop 8.

It does have a few new nifty tools in it and some revamping of the core programming. It can handle Raws now (although Capture one is still better as far as I have seen) and you can actually work (edit) 16 bit images from start to finish. They revamped the color replace tool and added a shadow highlight and the healing brush seems a step or two better than the one in 7.

Hope that helps,
Rick Shellhouse
Body Visions

Old 11-13-2003, 06:57 AM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36068
Comments: 1

StuHaluski is offline IP: 66.56.78.245

Jerry it stands for "COOL STUFF" but Adobe couldn't really say that, it sounds too uh young, hip, simple, too cool, so they had to come up with a more corporate, commercial definition so it's "Creative Suite" to cover the real meaning of "CS"

Its really just another marketing gimmick that Adobe is using like the "MX" moniker for Macromedia to indicate how closely most of the Adobe products work together to provide a better solution as whole team than just the sum of the parts(Illustrator, Go Live, Acrobat, InDesign). There is the program called "Cue" that tracks your changes throughout your use of the suite.

Offical Adobe definition....

Q: What is "CS"?

A: To better reflect the high level of integration between Adobe's creative professional applications, "CS" is the new version denominator for Adobe's professional design and layout tools. For example, Photoshop CS is the new, full-upgrade version of Photoshop (instead of Photoshop 8.0). Similarly, Adobe lllustrator® CS replaces Illustrator 11, InDesign® CS replaces InDesign 3.0, and GoLive® CS replaces GoLive 7.0. Adobe Acrobat® 6.0 Professional is the only creative professional application that keeps a version number denominator. Going forward, all of the CS products will always be upgraded on the same schedule.

But keep in mind this here......

Q: If I order the Adobe Creative Suite will I have to upgrade to 2.0 in the future, or will I be able to upgrade to any of the individual components?

A: Customers who license the Adobe Creative Suite will have an upgrade path to future releases of Adobe Creative Suite, but not from the suite to standalone products. However, if you own previous versions of Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, GoLive, or Acrobat 6.0 as stand-alone products, you will be able to upgrade those point products individually, even if your order the Adobe Creative Suite.

I still might go this way....with the intention of getting Acrobat 6.0 Professional(not Acrobat reader )cheaply.

hope this helps

Stu
  View Public Profile Send a private message to StuHaluski Visit StuHaluski's homepage! Find More Posts by StuHaluski

Thanks for educating!
Old 11-13-2003, 10:30 AM   #8 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35606

Jerry_Avenaim is offline IP: 67.119.56.108

I appreciate you taking the time to fill me in on the upgrade. Now all I have to do is get somebody to show me how to use it properly and to it's full advantage. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

I'm very "right brained". [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Thanks again,

Jerry Avenaim
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Jerry_Avenaim Visit Jerry_Avenaim's homepage! Find More Posts by Jerry_Avenaim

That\'s called.......
Old 11-13-2003, 10:39 AM   #9 (permalink)
**DONOTDELETE**

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 165.95.207.169

.....maintaining Adobe's cash flow! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Educating....
Old 11-13-2003, 10:56 AM   #10 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35318

JasonNJ is offline IP: 208.222.116.229

Going through the ins and outs of Adobe Photoshop right here

Class Begins Soon
JasonNJ
  View Public Profile Send a private message to JasonNJ Visit JasonNJ's homepage! Find More Posts by JasonNJ