Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Tech Talk Forum

Tech Talk Forum Photography & Technical Related Only!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Selling photographs online...
Old 08-28-2003, 08:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36463
Comments: 0

BryanJWeitzel is offline IP: 65.142.150.1

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

I'm sure that somebody does this. Here's what I need...

I want to store high quality scans on the web, and allow a customer to view, order, pay for, and have shipped to him, photographs that he has selected in various sizes. And I want someone else to do all the work for me and send me my cut. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Is there a service like this somewhere, and if so, where?

If not... does anybody want to start a new business? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

By the way, in addition to my landscape photographs, I have a couple of model friends who would be interested in selling Playboy style nudes. I don't anticipate ever getting into hard core images though.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to BryanJWeitzel Visit BryanJWeitzel's homepage! Find More Posts by BryanJWeitzel

Re: Selling photographs online...
Old 08-29-2003, 12:21 AM   #2 (permalink)
Old, Bald, Village Idiot

Member GG#: 36160
My Mood:
Send a message via Yahoo to AGellert

AGellert is offline IP: 67.3.217.179

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Bryan.... check your email...

Andrew
  View Public Profile Send a private message to AGellert Visit AGellert's homepage! Find More Posts by AGellert

Old 08-29-2003, 12:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
eyecandy

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 68.66.128.57

was thinking of doing the same...

any help would be appreciated.

sean

Old 08-29-2003, 01:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Old, Bald, Village Idiot

Member GG#: 36160
My Mood:
Send a message via Yahoo to AGellert

AGellert is offline IP: 67.5.5.120

ok.. I got to tell you all.. I am working with an artist who paints in acrylics.. I am doing a web-site for him to sell his paintings on the web. we are looking at a pay=pal account and accepting credit cards. I will be shooting pictures of his paintings (unframed, then doing the website.. and HE will ship paintings to customers. I am also doing the same for a lady-friend who wants to do playboy type photos to sell. Not sure if I am going to be the lucky one to take her photos.

I am looking into setting this up under two different domains, and have already been looking into hosting sites. AS this progresses, I would be happy to also set up sites for any of you who would also like to sell your work.. email me if you are interested.. and I can then let you all know what happens, and where to go for site hosting if you want to do it as well.

I am going to do this as a business venture, but I am not here to solicit it as I don't think this is the proper forum to promote that aspect of my business. I am just letting you all know that there is a market for it, and it is something that is being done by other photographers, models, and artists.

Andrew
  View Public Profile Send a private message to AGellert Visit AGellert's homepage! Find More Posts by AGellert

Old 08-29-2003, 04:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35803

photoknight is offline IP: 66.167.22.192

Go to www.photoreflect.com . You sign up, follow the instructions, and you'll be up and running in no time. Your photos are printed via a lab of your choosing and they take care of the shipping. They accept all major credit cards, so it's an easy way to get into selling online without getting a website set up and buying all the credit card proccessing gear.

Let me know if that solves your problem.

James
  View Public Profile Send a private message to photoknight Visit photoknight's homepage! Find More Posts by photoknight

You can also...
Old 08-29-2003, 05:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35656

ewfoltz is offline IP: 172.156.118.165

password protect access to the images on photoreflect. I've used them for event and sports images sales. You can also do portraits, wedddings etc.. and give out the address and event name on business cards at the event for later sales. Never had any problems with getting paid.
E. Foltz
www.foltzphoto.com
  View Public Profile Send a private message to ewfoltz Visit ewfoltz's homepage! Find More Posts by ewfoltz

Check out this lab...........
Old 08-29-2003, 08:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35679
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to Soujrnr Send a message via Yahoo to Soujrnr

Soujrnr is offline IP: 64.222.238.13

Go to http://www.millerslab.com They offer incredible service and will do everything from just developing your film all the way to scanning everything to a CD, putting your images on-line and make them available for purchase, and sending you proofs if you want them. They are awesome! They are a lab that caters mostly to professional photographers I think. You have to apply to become a customer. I've been with them for awhile now and don't have a single complaint. Someone also mentioned photoreflect. That is definitely an excellent service worth checking out as well. It isn't a lab per se but allows you to showcase your work and customers can order from the site 24/7 without you needed to be in the loop. They can give their credit card number right through the site and then photoreflect will let you know that you have an order. Once you ship the order and notify photoreflect, you get paid. Very good service as well. Best wishes.

Good day!

Mike

View Public Profile Send a private message to Soujrnr Visit Soujrnr's homepage! Find More Posts by Soujrnr

Old 08-29-2003, 10:44 PM   #8 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35977

Andy_Pearlman is offline IP: 24.130.241.138

Try this place http://www.zazzle.com/, They do two things: You can upload your files and order your own prints, or upload your files, order your own prints AND make your files available to the public to order prints of your images, and the company pays you a royalty (12% I think). I tested them once on a 30"x50" print (I think they're lightjets on photo paper) and found the quality to be outstanding - perfect the first time, and they shipped promptly! I sent them a scan at their specs - a JPG at 100dpi per inch of final size - and I had added text to the file. The cost as I recall was about $28 for the print and $7 shipping in a tube. The downside to offering them to the public is, I don't think you can set your own price. Buyers pay the same price that you would if you ordered prints, so there is no "artistic" markup. Also, there is an option that lets buyers alter the image (add their own text, etc) but I think you can disble that on setup. I think they do great work, but unless they've changed the system to allow me to charge way over-inflated prices for my work [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I wouldn't count on them to make me much money.

Regards
Andy Pearlman
Andy Pearlman Studio
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Andy_Pearlman Visit Andy_Pearlman's homepage! Find More Posts by Andy_Pearlman

Re: Selling photographs
Old 10-16-2005, 06:26 PM   #9 (permalink)
**DONOTDELETE**

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 83.46.0.87

i use www.printroom.com for all of the above, PLUS i can set my own prices. they also accept credit cards and even money orders. while i have since used a few other sites lower in cost (a yearly fee) i found the results weren't as good and will probably stay with this site. what i like MOST is that a fullsize version of your print will automatically have a PROOF stamp across the image plus it is not right-clickable, things i demand of my pixs displayed in an online gallery. of course you can protect galleries with a password of your choosing. i also tested the quality of the service with a test foto and was pleased with the results. a client had also purchased a print but it arrived damaged in the mail during the delivery process; the client contacted printroom and they fixed the problem which really pleased the client and myself. i ONLY found out about it as the client personally emailed me to let me know what happened and how pleased she was.

re: paypal... i have and have used paypal. BUT because of thieves and money-laundering and so many new laws, i can't really use it anymore. i live overseas and i must list a local bank in MY country of residence, though previously thru paypal i was listed as USA using a US bank BUT living in Spain. you folks in the states wouldn't have any problems.

hope this helps you.

http://www.printroom.com/pro/fototaker

Old 10-16-2005, 07:43 PM   #10 (permalink)
Amateur

Member GG#: 46960

Qikshots is offline IP: 64.136.27.227

You can sell and set the prices at http://www.fotki.com
but why not setup a website,most,such as yahoo small business help you make a store set,with order forms,payment options,cart,and checkout.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Qikshots Visit Qikshots's homepage! Find More Posts by Qikshots