Photo Tips Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Tech Talk Forum

Tech Talk Forum Photography & Technical Related Only!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
IMAGE GALLERY MAKER
Old 06-11-2003, 06:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35201
Comments: 0
My Mood:

RandyF is offline IP: 24.49.243.123

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

I presently use Adobe Photo Elemnts 2 to creat my gallerys and I think it sucks! Anyone have any suggestions on a good
thumbnail and gallery maker program that can be modifited to fit the style of the website..

Also any recommnedations on a photo file upload program to create user gallery's.

my site
randy@randyfreital.com
  View Public Profile Send a private message to RandyF Visit RandyF's homepage! Find More Posts by RandyF

Re: IMAGE GALLERY MAKER
Old 06-11-2003, 07:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
**DONOTDELETE**

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 68.83.179.53

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Randy,

Depends on what ya use....

If ya use dreamweaver there is a program called Image Gallery Pro by a company called Kaosweaver that works pretty decent.... its currently on my site See it here there is also a program called Arles Image Gallery See it here or there are plenty of php programs out there....

Hope this help...

Rick Shellhouse
Body Visions

Old 06-11-2003, 08:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35872
Comments: 41

R_Fredrick_Smith is offline IP: 12.238.95.197

Hi,
I use BreezeBrowser from breezesys.com. It is great. It has many templates to generate great gallerys and you can modify the templates for even greater control. Here is a sample:

Sample Gallery

It generated the shadows, the index page, and the pages you go to when you click ony of the index photos.

Roger
  View Public Profile Send a private message to R_Fredrick_Smith Visit R_Fredrick_Smith's homepage! Find More Posts by R_Fredrick_Smith

Old 06-11-2003, 09:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

My Mood:

Thanks for the input..gonna check them out.

On the last revisions of my websites I just used a basic html editor and coded everything raw. It was a learning experience..

MY SITE randy@randyfreital.com
  View Public Profile Send a private message to RandyF Visit RandyF's homepage! Find More Posts by RandyF

Old 06-11-2003, 09:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
**DONOTDELETE**

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 68.83.179.53

Never bothered to learn raw code......not enough time to...Dreamweaver MX is a pretty kick butt program and because its Macromedia flash and everything else works well with it....

Good luck...

Rick Shellhouse
Body Visions

Old 06-11-2003, 09:36 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

My Mood:

Hey RFS glad to see you joined the forum..How is everything in Texas..got to get back there for another shoot.

Have to make sure I can attend one of Nicks workshops on Sunday..wish we had them down here on a weekly basis.
Working on starting some. I will check that gallery maker out..

Thanks for the input.

my site
randy@randyfreital.com

I have one
Old 06-11-2003, 09:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
GG_Staff

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 67.85.66.65

I have a custom PHP content management system that was designed for photographers, models and paysite owners. It works for ANY site style. It is a product intended to be used by people that know how to code HTML. Basically I have an HTML interpretor built into the program so that when you build the templates, you add my few custom tags and pages are generated for you. THe more advanced you want to get, the more you can use the program. This design is to help allow others that don't have the time or knowhow to manage a site where images are constanly updated. There is a bit of code from this application being used here on GG. The fileupload, the EXIF extraction, etc all originated from this program. This application isn't a $49.95 type of application due to its complexity and narrow user audience. If this sounds like something you would be interested in, I can direct you to a site that is using it at the moment and give you a personal demo.

Features include :
- Not limited to site design
- Images can be prepared for publishing to stage the images to be ready at a future date
- Automatic creation of thumbnails
- EXIF extraction
- Ability to manage Journal/News Entries
- Images and text items can be worked on until such time they are ready to be published
- All galleries are categorized
- Plenty of functions to help with calculations that you would normally have to do by hand each time you publish a new gallery of images or news items
- blah blah blah

You got the idea (I hope)

I like the arles.
Old 06-11-2003, 10:13 PM   #8 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35360

Clint is offline IP: 65.148.8.14

pretty simple and real easy to build templates.

and you can water mark your images through it too, with out having to photoshop your sig. but it has some quirks with MY web host. appearantly all my file names have to match the case of the letters. it can be a pain in the royal butt. but my webhost is about to get the boot, tired of their crap!

Sample Gallery

most of these suck, but oh well
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Clint Visit Clint's homepage! Find More Posts by Clint

case sensitivity
Old 06-12-2003, 02:29 AM   #9 (permalink)
GG_Staff

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 67.85.66.65

Clint, the problem is not with your host but the software and/or user. If the links don't match the filename exactly then whatever is creating the links is what is at fault. Just so that you know, most ISPs host websites on Linux or FreeBSD because its free. Windows 2000 and Windows .NET server cost money for the OS software. All unix type of server (like Linux and FreeBSD) are case sensitive. So you can have filenames of abc.jpg, ABC.jpg and even abc.JPG and they are all different filenames. On Windows, the filenames are not case sensitive so there can only be one abc.jpg no matter how you capitalize it. It seems like you want to be hosted on a Windows type of server so your case insensitivity won't be a problem.

Re: I have one
Old 06-12-2003, 09:59 PM   #10 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

My Mood:

Point me in the Direction Hackman!
my site randy@randyfreital.com