Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Tech Talk Forum

Tech Talk Forum Photography & Technical Related Only!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
CD/DVD Software
Old 09-15-2007, 08:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35225
Comments: 0
Send a message via AIM to BobH Send a message via MSN to BobH

BobH is offline IP: 70.44.19.137

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Can anyone recommend a good CD/DVD burning program that works well with CS3 and Adobe Bridge? Just got windows vista and am having problems. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks........
  View Public Profile Send a private message to BobH Find More Posts by BobH

Re: CD/DVD Software
Old 09-15-2007, 09:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35872
Comments: 41

R_Fredrick_Smith is offline IP: 76.236.209.199

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobH View Post
Can anyone recommend a good CD/DVD burning program that works well with CS3 and Adobe Bridge? Just got windows vista and am having problems. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks........
You use Explorer to do the copying. Suppose you have some photos stored in a folder called temp1. You would open that folder so the photos how in the right window and the folder tree is on the left. Select the photos to be written to the cd/dvd and drag them over to the dvd/cd icon on the left. It will say it is copying them and show a progress indicator. When the indicator goes away, the photos are now on the cd/dvd. You can remove the CD/DVD. If the CD/DVd is blank when you start the attempt, then it will interupt with a dialog allowing you to format the cd/dvd. Choose the Live system in most cases. Then do the drag and drop again to complete.
Cheers,
rfs

"The map is not the Territory"
  View Public Profile Send a private message to R_Fredrick_Smith Visit R_Fredrick_Smith's homepage! Find More Posts by R_Fredrick_Smith

Old 09-15-2007, 10:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 54108
Send a message via AIM to DavidsStudio

DavidsStudio is offline IP: 70.112.13.113

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobH View Post
Just got windows vista and am having problems.

Thanks........
Welcome to the wonder world of Microsoft "features." I used MS stuff since well before Windows started (remember MS-DOS?) until I switched to Macs about 5 years ago and the one thing MS has been consistent on is having problems with each release.

Good Luck

David
  View Public Profile Send a private message to DavidsStudio Visit DavidsStudio's homepage! Find More Posts by DavidsStudio

Old 09-15-2007, 11:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidsStudio View Post
Welcome to the wonder world of Microsoft "features." I used MS stuff since well before Windows started (remember MS-DOS?) until I switched to Macs about 5 years ago and the one thing MS has been consistent on is having problems with each release.

Good Luck

David
I have been using Microsoft OS systems since 1982-3 era starting with MSDOS. I ran a Software company for over 20 years using those products and used it for multiple home computers. The MS products have always worked well for me. But like anything new, or different, one has to learn how to use the new features. Too many times people don't do things the way they are designed to be done and start to have problems and they then blame the OS.

But speaking of Mac, I found this amazing video which is just a wee bit funny!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqN76gYKHMs

Cheers,
rfs

View Public Profile Send a private message to R_Fredrick_Smith Visit R_Fredrick_Smith's homepage! Find More Posts by R_Fredrick_Smith

Old 09-15-2007, 11:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36789
Comments: 1
My Mood:
Send a message via Yahoo to ARTFORMS

ARTFORMS is offline IP: 71.12.72.142

My Windows Vista cd/dvd burner is very inconsistant. One day it will burn a cd in 45 minutes and if I am lucky it won't lock up on me. On another day it will burn a cd in 10 minutes without any problems. Both times the cd was done the same way. I much prefered my Windows XP Roxio cd burner and I am considering buying another similar program.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to ARTFORMS Visit ARTFORMS's homepage! Find More Posts by ARTFORMS

Old 09-16-2007, 12:24 AM   #6 (permalink)
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARTFORMS View Post
My Windows Vista cd/dvd burner is very inconsistent. One day it will burn a cd in 45 minutes and if I am lucky it won't lock up on me. On another day it will burn a cd in 10 minutes without any problems. Both times the cd was done the same way. I much preferred my Windows XP Roxio cd burner and I am considering buying another similar program.
I've used both Nero and Roxio and they both work just fine (though they have so many features that at times it takes a while to know which to use). I most often just use the Explorer method. I generally find that it is too fast. I sometimes wonder if it has copied the files only to find that it has. So I've learned to trust it. For example, I just dragged 23mb of photos (89 of them) over to a blank Cd I had just put it. It took less than 60 seconds to copy them all over. There is a little window that pops up while it is doing it that shows a progress bar.
Cheers,
rfs

Old 09-16-2007, 08:26 AM   #7 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 45340

PhotosbyChuck is offline IP: 68.250.252.79

Mac vid was great! I guess it went and got all complicated when they added the second mouse button...

I use Explorer to write files. It's quick and easy. I too have used Roxio and Nero. Neither are even loaded today -- although for image burning, you can't beat Alcohol 120%.
  View Public Profile Visit PhotosbyChuck's homepage! Find More Posts by PhotosbyChuck

Old 09-16-2007, 09:03 AM   #8 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 54108
Send a message via AIM to DavidsStudio

DavidsStudio is offline IP: 70.112.13.113

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Fredrick_Smith View Post
But speaking of Mac, I found this amazing video which is just a wee bit funny!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqN76gYKHMs

Cheers,
rfs
Very funny video. Interesting that he did all the editing on a Mac. I wonder why?

David
  View Public Profile Send a private message to DavidsStudio Visit DavidsStudio's homepage! Find More Posts by DavidsStudio

Old 09-16-2007, 09:52 AM   #9 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36789
Comments: 1
My Mood:
Send a message via Yahoo to ARTFORMS

ARTFORMS is offline IP: 71.12.72.142

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Fredrick_Smith View Post
I've used both Nero and Roxio and they both work just fine (though they have so many features that at times it takes a while to know which to use). I most often just use the Explorer method. I generally find that it is too fast. I sometimes wonder if it has copied the files only to find that it has. So I've learned to trust it. For example, I just dragged 23mb of photos (89 of them) over to a blank Cd I had just put it. It took less than 60 seconds to copy them all over. There is a little window that pops up while it is doing it that shows a progress bar.
Cheers,
rfs
23mb of photos from my camera would only be about 3 to 4 pictures, not 89 of them, unless you were copying web size pictures. That wouldn't take very long on most cd burners.
My Roxio burner only had three choices on it so it was easy to know which one to use. Music cd. Data cd. and Copy a cd. 700mb of information would take about 12 minutes to burn a cd.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to ARTFORMS Visit ARTFORMS's homepage! Find More Posts by ARTFORMS