Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Tech Talk Forum

Tech Talk Forum Photography & Technical Related Only!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
What color backdrop would you use ?
Old 07-03-2007, 06:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 50518
Comments: 1
My Mood:

That_Look_Photo is offline IP: 68.200.100.150

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Well I will be doing a for fun shoot with a model with jet black hair brown eyes and a great tan. She is beautiful and I have no idea what color seemless to use. I want to stay away from white. I will not be lighting the backdrop just the model. The seemless will run down and under a plexiglass panel that she will be standing on.

So what's a good color to use ? Sample shots whould be great if you have any.

Thanks..

Mike
  View Public Profile Send a private message to That_Look_Photo Visit That_Look_Photo's homepage! Find More Posts by That_Look_Photo
Last edited by That_Look_Photo; 07-03-2007 at 07:21 PM..

Re: What color backdrop would you use ?
Old 07-05-2007, 02:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

My Mood:

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Wow, over 100 views and not one reply. What is wrong with my question ?

This place is just not the same as it was when I joind way back when...

Mike

View Public Profile Send a private message to That_Look_Photo Visit That_Look_Photo's homepage! Find More Posts by That_Look_Photo

Old 07-05-2007, 03:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 57569
Comments: 0

TCProd is offline IP: 68.44.114.33

Mike, I think we're just not sure what to tell you. Color choice is so much a matter of taste. That said, I do like red backgrounds on jet black hair. Or if you have an accent light to separate her, the black background might work.

Although you said you didn't want to use white, it might be the best choice. You could change it fairly easily in post production until you came up with a color you like.

Tom Conroy Productions
New Jersey - Greater Philadelphia
  View Public Profile Send a private message to TCProd Visit TCProd's homepage! Find More Posts by TCProd

Old 07-05-2007, 03:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
Pro Shooter

Member GG#: 38375
Comments: 2

jimmyd is offline IP: 67.49.32.15

it's all a matter of personal taste and, frankly, i think you could make some great pictures irregardless of the BG color. Instead of considering the model's hair color, eye color, and tan, you might, instead, consider the mood you hope to create with the images and let that decide the BG color.

My NSFW blog
: http://prettygirlshooter.blogspot.com
  View Public Profile Send a private message to jimmyd Visit jimmyd's homepage! Find More Posts by jimmyd

Old 07-05-2007, 04:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCProd View Post
Mike, I think we're just not sure what to tell you. Color choice is so much a matter of taste. That said, I do like red backgrounds on jet black hair. Or if you have an accent light to separate her, the black background might work.

Although you said you didn't want to use white, it might be the best choice. You could change it fairly easily in post production until you came up with a color you like.

I am sick of the white backdrop and changing the color with gels will not look right with the floor being the same color as the back drop. I have the plexiglass on top of a blue backdrop right now. But I am not sure that color will work.

Mike

Old 07-05-2007, 04:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyd View Post
it's all a matter of personal taste and, frankly, i think you could make some great pictures irregardless of the BG color. Instead of considering the model's hair color, eye color, and tan, you might, instead, consider the mood you hope to create with the images and let that decide the BG color.
Back in my school days the instructor always said remember to look at your models features before you pick out a background . Some colors just never look right. I don't know, maybe I am thinking to hard into this. I may just stick with the blue color and go with it.

Old 07-05-2007, 04:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
Pro Shooter

Member GG#: 38375
Comments: 2

jimmyd is offline IP: 67.49.32.15

Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Look_Photo View Post
Back in my school days the instructor always said remember to look at your models features before you pick out a background . Some colors just never look right. I don't know, maybe I am thinking to hard into this. I may just stick with the blue color and go with it.
ok. so consider her features AND ALSO the mood you hope to create and then decide. Nice thing about blue and green is they're generally easy to "key" on without effecting skin-tone. So, if you want to adjust or change the color, it's much easier.

My NSFW blog
: http://prettygirlshooter.blogspot.com
  View Public Profile Send a private message to jimmyd Visit jimmyd's homepage! Find More Posts by jimmyd