Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Tech Talk Forum

Tech Talk Forum Photography & Technical Related Only!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Nikon 2.0 firmware update for D2X, D200 and D2H
Old 11-17-2006, 08:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35255
Comments: 0

MDPierce is offline IP: 72.66.113.253

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Since I didn't see it posted, I thought I'd mention that Nikon recently released a 2.0 firmware update for their cameras.

Upgrading was painless and took about 5 minutes.

For firmware updates: click here

The Nikon D200 firmware now enables the camera to support the recently released Nikon WT-3 Wireless Transmitter.

D2X Updates

# H 0.3 (equivalent to ISO 1000), H 0.5 (equivalent to ISO 1100) and H 0.7 (equivalent to ISO 1250) options have been added between the ISO 800 and H 1 settings in the Nikon D2X ISO menu.

# Subject acquisition and tracking performance with autofocus shooting has been increased.

# A Black-and-white (sRGB) option has been added to the Color mode item in the D2X shooting menu.

# A Trim item has been added to the shooting menu.

# Up to 3 custom tone curves can now be downloaded to the camera for use with the Custom option in the shooting menu's Tone compensation item. Nikon Capture 4 Camera Control is required to download 3 custom tone curves to the camera.

# An Image authentication item has been added to the setup menu. The optional Image Authentication Software is required to authenticate images.

# A Save/load settings item has been added to the setup menu.

# The Mirror lock-up item in the setup menu has been modified to function with battery power as well as AC-adapter power.

# The Lock-On item in the CSM menu now offers 4 options: Long, Normal (default), Short, and Off.

# Max. sensitivity and Min. shutter speed options have been added to the ISO auto item in the CSM menu.

# The Maximum shots item in the CSM menu has been modified to support a maximum setting of 60 shots.

# The FUNC. button item in the CSM menu has been divided into 2 separate items labeled FUNC. button and FUNC. + command.

# A Recent settings item has been added to the setup menu.

# The amount of information shown on page 3 (shooting data 1) of the single-image playback photo-information display has been increased. Now includes Focus mode (S/C/M), Vibration reduction (on/off). Only displayed when the image was captured with a VR lens.

# The information shown on page 5 (GPS data) of the single-image playback photo-information display has been modified.
LATITUDE and LONGITUDE information: up to 3 digits* can now be displayed for each segment. *3-digit display may not be possible with some GPS devices.

# Compass bearing (Displayed only if GPS device is equipped with digital compass).

Nikon D2H updates

# Subject acquisition and tracking performance with auto focus shooting has been increased.

# Up to 3 custom tone curves can now be downloaded to the camera for use with the Custom option in the shooting menu's Tone compensation item.

Nikon Capture 4 (Ver. 4.4.2) Camera Control is required to download 3 custom tone curves to the camera. The optional Camera Control Pro can also be used to download custom tone curves to the camera.

# An Image authentication item has been added to the setup menu. The optional Image Authentication Software is required to authenticate images.

# A Save/load settings item has been added to the setup menu.

# The Mirror lock-up item in the setup menu has been modified to function with battery power as well as AC-adapter power.

# The Lock-On item in the CSM menu now offers 4 options: Long, Normal (default), Short, and Off.

# Max. sensitivity and Min. shutter speed options have been added to the ISO auto item in the CSM menu.

# The Maximum shots item in the CSM menu has been modified to support a maximum setting of 60 shots.

# A Recent settings item has been added to the setup menu.

# The amount of information shown on page 3 (shooting data 1) of the single-image playback photo-information display has been increased and includes Focus mode (S/C/M) Vibration reduction (on/off). Displayed only when the image was captured with a VR lens

# The information shown on page 5 (GPS data) of the single-image playback photo-information display has been modified.
LATITUDE and LONGITUDE information: up to 3 digits* can now be displayed for each segment. *3-digit display may not be possible with some GPS devices.

# Compass bearing* *Displayed only if GPS device is equipped with digital compass.

Re: Nikon 2.0 firmware update for D2X, D200 and D2H
Old 11-19-2006, 09:04 AM   #2 (permalink)
Vic Naumann

Member GG#: 40216
Comments: 37
My Mood:

Jagdoc is offline IP: 69.138.20.39

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Thank you for posting this. Which camera did you update ?

I tried on my D200 which has version 1.0 , but when I try and update I do not get the "firmware Update" screen when pressing my multi selector. It just goes back to the main menu.
Thanks for any advice you might have.
Vic
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Jagdoc Find More Posts by Jagdoc

Old 11-20-2006, 03:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

I updated my Nikon D2X in just a few minutes; I'm not familiar with the menu layout of the D200.

On my Nikon D2X, I have to go into the Setup menu to find the Firmware Version tab at which point there is an option to "upgrade firmware" when I have the CF card inserted with the update.

Old 11-21-2006, 06:14 AM   #4 (permalink)
Vic Naumann

Member GG#: 40216
Comments: 37
My Mood:

Jagdoc is offline IP: 69.138.20.39

Thanks, I seem to have copied the update to the wrong folder. Firmware is updated now.
Vic
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Jagdoc Find More Posts by Jagdoc

Old 11-21-2006, 09:15 AM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36482
Comments: 2

lsc1 is offline IP: 70.144.57.161

Thanks for posting this. I'm curious about this feature of the update;

Is this feature able to positively embed an image with some kind of tag that acts as an additional copywrite protection?

Cheers,
LSC
  View Public Profile Send a private message to lsc1 Find More Posts by lsc1

Old 11-22-2006, 03:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

I tried to find more info about that and the "trim" feature; but beyond the blurb in the release, I can't find anything on those items.