Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Tech Talk Forum

Tech Talk Forum Photography & Technical Related Only!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Program to sort images by ISO?
Old 07-04-2006, 01:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35558
Comments: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to johne

johne is offline IP: 68.68.239.253

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Does anyone know of a software program that will read image files from a folder, read the image IPTC information and provide an option to sort the images by ISO?

Thanks in advance.
John
  View Public Profile Send a private message to johne Visit johne's homepage! Find More Posts by johne

Re: Program to sort images by ISO?
Old 07-04-2006, 01:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35872
Comments: 41

R_Fredrick_Smith is offline IP: 24.0.6.170

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johne
Does anyone know of a software program that will read image files from a folder, read the image IPTC information and provide an option to sort the images by ISO?
Thanks in advance.
John
BreezeBrowser Pro is what I use for this sort of thing. I also use the companion product Downloader Pro. Each will let you sort or manipulate photos by any of the shooting data. For example, you could put a card full of photos in your card reader and tell the program to create separate folders for each ISO and then copy the photos from the card to the appropriate folder.

Cheers,
rfs

"The map is not the Territory"
  View Public Profile Send a private message to R_Fredrick_Smith Visit R_Fredrick_Smith's homepage! Find More Posts by R_Fredrick_Smith

Old 07-04-2006, 02:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 48366

eoym is offline IP: 69.180.131.8

ACDSee will sort by ISO, or any other EXIF info as well.
http://www.acdsee.com/index.aspx
  View Public Profile Send a private message to eoym Visit eoym's homepage! Find More Posts by eoym

Old 07-04-2006, 02:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 38285
Send a message via AIM to Gunslinger101

Gunslinger101 is offline IP: 66.245.155.103

Extensis brand, Portfolio express will do all that, save originals, make previews and extract all exif data. You can then set the search criteria to whatever you want. It is a little cumbersome at first, but mastering is easy. The only problem I have had is that it establishes a proprietary file, of the items in the albums.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Gunslinger101 Find More Posts by Gunslinger101

Old 07-04-2006, 02:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eoym
ACDSee will sort by ISO, or any other EXIF info as well.
http://www.acdsee.com/index.aspx
Yes, ACDsee works well also. I have version 7. I do think its a little harder to use that BB Pro and it costs about twice what BB Pro does. But I've been using ACDSee since version 1, so I still keep up with it. There is always something that one program does, or does better than another, so I keep all of them on hand. Where BB PRO really shines is in creating web galleries since they have a open template system and you can create any gallery effect you want.

Cheers,
rfs

View Public Profile Send a private message to R_Fredrick_Smith Visit R_Fredrick_Smith's homepage! Find More Posts by R_Fredrick_Smith

Old 07-04-2006, 02:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunslinger101
Extensis brand, Portfolio express will do all that, save originals, make previews and extract all exif data. You can then set the search criteria to whatever you want. It is a little cumbersome at first, but mastering is easy. The only problem I have had is that it establishes a proprietary file, of the items in the albums.
Extensis tends to be too expensive and is indeed a bit difficult to use and get use to. Since BB Pro will do all the same things, and do them faster and costs a fraction of what Extensis Portfolio costs, I think BB Pro would be the better buy. Also BB PRO is a open system so you can go beyond the base system with your own customized gallerys, sorts, and so forth.

Cheers,
rfs

Old 07-04-2006, 02:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 48366

eoym is offline IP: 69.180.131.8

I have ACDSee 8 and it acts up a little on my PC.

Is BB Pro a pretty solid, reliable program?
I might try BB Pro....thanks for the info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Fredrick_Smith
Yes, ACDsee works well also. I have version 7. I do think its a little harder to use that BB Pro and it costs about twice what BB Pro does. But I've been using ACDSee since version 1, so I still keep up with it. There is always something that one program does, or does better than another, so I keep all of them on hand. Where BB PRO really shines is in creating web galleries since they have a open template system and you can create any gallery effect you want.
Cheers,
rfs
  View Public Profile Send a private message to eoym Visit eoym's homepage! Find More Posts by eoym

Old 07-04-2006, 04:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eoym
I have ACDSee 8 and it acts up a little on my PC.
Is BB Pro a pretty solid, reliable program?
I might try BB Pro....thanks for the info.
BB Pro has always performed well for me. No problems. But I have had problems over the years with ACDSee, especially starting with version 6 and higher. They changed programming staffs about that time when they sold the company.

Cheers,
rfs

Old 07-05-2006, 07:47 AM   #9 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35558
Send a message via Yahoo to johne

johne is offline IP: 207.137.21.111

rfs, eoym and gunslunger101,

Thanks for your input & suggestions. I have both ACDSee and BBPro (I never knew they had that capability.) I did download the trial of Downloader Pro and I'm trying to learn how that works. No joy yet.

Thanks again for the suggestions.

John
  View Public Profile Send a private message to johne Visit johne's homepage! Find More Posts by johne

Old 07-05-2006, 08:45 AM   #10 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 45260
Send a message via AIM to BGPhoto

BGPhoto is offline IP: 64.207.15.254

+1 for BBP and downloader. Great programs. There is a bit of a learning curve to get the most out of the downloader, but it's very powerful and saves me quite a bit of time. I use the web gallery creator in BBP all the time. It allows you to put a watermark on your images, configure the layout of the pages with some simple menus or take full control and edit the HTML. If you have any programming knowledge at all, modifying their HTML templates is a breeze.

I've been a user of BB for several years and upgraded to the Pro version as soon as it was available. The Breeze products have always been very stable, and well supported.