Nikon makes a thing called a "Cool Walker" - you can take the images right off a CF card.
Nikon COOLWALKER MSV-01 Major Features
* Ample storage space. holds approximately 10,000 images* with a 30GB hard disk, the MSV-01 gives the user the freedom to store an impressively large number of images. It's also compatible with CompactFlash and Microdrive and can be combined with a CF adapter** to enable use of SD cards too.
* *Approximately 10,000 X 6-megapixel images can be stored in JPEG FINE.
* View-anywhere convenience. The 2.5-inch color TFT LCD allows images to be viewed anywhere with the clarity of 117,600 pixels. The MSV-01 also offers connectivity to TVs too, so shots can be viewed on a much grander scale. A remote control terminal is additionally included, which is particularly useful when viewing images on a TV screen.
* Peripheral performance. Direct printing without the need for a PC is made possible through support of PictBridge. The MSV-01 also offers further peripheral performance by acting as a card reader for a PC* and offering Hi-Speed USB 2.0 connectivity to PCs and CompactFlash compatibility - a media widely accepted at stores offering print services.
* Compact convenience. With dimensions of just 81 X 130 X 35mm (approx.) and a weight of approximately 350g, the MSV-01 is designed to be carried comfortably virtually anywhere, allowing images to be viewed whenever the user desires.
* Easy-to-view GUI and simple operation. With an easy-to-view GUI with an SLR-consistent design and an easy-to-understand Multi-Selector accompanied by two buttons, operation is both simple and user friendly.
* Comprehensive protection. The MSV-01 has easy to grip rubber sides and is equipped with an internal hard drive secured by shock absorbers.
I dont know this for sure - but I have been told that you can do practically the same thing with the IPOD photo with additional adaptors.