Photo Tips Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Tech Talk Forum

Tech Talk Forum Photography & Technical Related Only!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
10D likes dislikes from other owners
Old 04-04-2003, 12:06 AM   #1 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35360
Comments: 0

Clint is offline IP: 65.148.9.218

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

As some of you know, my wife's grandfather has been in the hospital for the past two months. So I have not been able to really do much of anything other than take some snap shots with my 10D, because I have been spending everynight at the hospital. But Grandpaw has passed on, and it is time for me to start making money again with though my photography.

So what are some of the things that you other 10D users have had issue with. Likes dislikes and also recommendations of use of lights and reflectors. Like I said most of my stuff so far has been pretty much off the cuff when I can whip out the camera from the bag to snag a quick shot, so any findings will be greatly appreciated.

shot in the drive thru at Burger King. Model - My sister

View Public Profile Send a private message to Clint Visit Clint's homepage! Find More Posts by Clint

Re: 10D likes dislikes from other owners
Old 04-04-2003, 12:21 AM   #2 (permalink)
MarcMC

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 204.215.47.185

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Clint---

So far the only issue that has arisen was the auto focus not being as crisp as I had hoped- the images end up a bit soft for my likings... But I found the fix on a Canon forum that stated you need to use the custom reset function and return the camera to all rest settings....

Doing a before and after image proved that was a huge difference and it worked!

So now the images are a lot more crisp....

I really like the outstanding color that the camera gets and even using the fill flash produces some really nice stuff....

Sorry to hear your sad news, but it must be a releif for your family now that he is in a better place... Now get shooting those models, buy!

And post the results--- feel free to e-mail me anytime you wanna tlk 10D-- and we can go from there!

I have had mine one week and LOVE it!

MARC

Image is Heather Pariso from last weekend

and Missy helping to demonstrate the COLOR of a CANON 10D

Reset?
Old 04-04-2003, 12:44 AM   #3 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35360

Clint is offline IP: 65.148.9.218

what is the best way to do this, just take out the "watch" battery?

an example of the type of stuff I have been getting. . . *sigh*

View Public Profile Send a private message to Clint Visit Clint's homepage! Find More Posts by Clint

Actually.....
Old 04-04-2003, 01:01 AM   #4 (permalink)
MarcMC

Member GG#:
Comments:

Clint--

To reset what you need to do is do it on the menu settings. If you select the Custom Reset option and then select reset camera settings it should default to factory settings and word is it resets the autofocus and helps a ton with the focus...

Like I said after I saw it posted I tried it and it sure worked!

The "watch" battery is solely there to keep the date and time settings in the camera- so taking that out wont do much other then reset the clock and date for you... you wanna reset the defaults to factory resets because word is Canon hasd a lot of messed up 10D's floating around that were not reset or the AF got messed in post production

Hope that helped

MARC

Re: Actually.....
Old 04-04-2003, 09:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35634

RoadRacer is offline IP: 172.144.229.76

Marc,

Thanks for the info on the reset. I also was disappointed with my focus so I'll give it a try. Is this a one time deal or should we get in the habit of resetting periodically?

Great photos!! To achieve the color and sharpness of these images which Processing Parameters have you found to work best?

And speaking of color... what is the multicolored nylon backdrop in Missy's photos? I see endless possibilities with that!

Dave
  View Public Profile Send a private message to RoadRacer Find More Posts by RoadRacer

Well.....
Old 04-04-2003, 10:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
MarcMC

Member GG#:
Comments:

Hi Dave--

To be honest I am not sure how often we will have to reset the camera to keep the focus in line.... What I suspect happened was that the camera presets from the factory are off on a lot of the cameras and when we do the rest it sets it back where it needs to be. I notcied a very definite difference after I found this on all of the Canon Digital forums.... And I was relieved!

As far as settings and parameters go- I am finding that the camera does not (well no camera dows) like hazy morning weather outside, or bright extreme harsh sun - the colors get dull and washed out- but if you shoot around 5 pm and get the "sweet" light - the color just pops --- these images of Missy were shot in the back tard at around 5:30 pm with a gold reflector pushing light back on her and look at the color. I did not enhance the color at all- I sharpened and contrasted some- but the color os from the camera.

I shot with the camera on P and set the aperature to 2.8 - my lens most open setting- and then set the iso to 100 -- best color is at 100 or 200... And the speed I believe was around 1000 speed....

I like using the P setting or Manual and set my own settings--- but I noticed as an experiement that using all auto settings and setting the flash WB and using a fill flash gave some nice esults - ill post some later or email me...

I use the sun WB preset outside when it is sunny and it seemed to work out well...

If you want to talk more about settings - email me and we can exchange thoughts / ideas on that

As far as the nylon colorful object --- That is a children's parachute- they sell them at Toys R Us for around 20.00

A friend of ours has a 2 year old daughter - Jim Lewchuck that is.... who put the Tampa ShootOut on last weekend and he and I saw it on the floor at home before we left and were like -- lets take it!

Missy and I will be adding one to our beach bag for sure! They have a florescent colored one I wanna pick up as well!~

Talk to you soon!

MARC

Re: Well.....
Old 04-08-2003, 10:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35441

PaulH is offline IP: 216.180.128.207

Like what I see Marc. Good job!

I have just bought the 10D a week ago and have had the focusing problems too. I found the reset info on another digital review forum for Canon. Was wondering what lens you used for the shots you posted. They look great.

Paul H

View Public Profile Send a private message to PaulH Visit PaulH's homepage! Find More Posts by PaulH