Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Tech Talk Forum

Tech Talk Forum Photography & Technical Related Only!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Adobe Photoshop, CS2 Instalation Problem!
Old 01-29-2006, 04:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
JohnPaul

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 4.159.41.170

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong... I install the CD...I click my way through... I enter the serial number....I enter my business name.....and it goes on from there to install it, and crashes on me, saying that there were errors installing the software and I am going to make you reinstall it again and again and again and again and again and again, because I don't have to tell you what the errors are,...or what you did wrong you stupid [censored] but I won't work and there isn't shiit you can do about it so there ha ha ha ha ha you stupid Adobe consumer!!!!!!!!...even though I made no errors,...AT ALL!!! the info was entered correctly for the last 6 times in a row!

It never ever states exactly what those stupid "errors" were,...and when I try to fire up CS2, it says that "Your Adobe Photoshop® user name, organization,or serial number is missing or invalid. The application cannot continue and must now exit"...("you stupid jackass ha ha!!")..

NO, as a matter of FACT, I have bought every single stinking copy and upgrade to Photoshop. I have the "invalid" serial numbers right here! I can prove that I've purchased them too! this disc is about two heartbeats away from becoming a flying object across my office!!

WHY ME!!??

Does anyone have any idea what it is that I'm doing wrong..?? Has anyone else had this happen to them.. or is it just my continuos string of bad luck or something... (like my two HD's going bad in my other computer.. (Which BTW, I'm picking up some SKS rounds and taking that HD out back and putting a few holes in it!!!)..

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

JP

Re: Adobe Photoshop, CS2 Instalation Problem!
Old 01-29-2006, 04:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35352
Comments: 0
My Mood:

johnw is offline IP: 65.13.24.8

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Did you get the activation code from Adobe. I switched platforms last summer received the CD but was not able to install CS2 utill I called Adobe. Once they provided me with an activation code I had no problem at all.

Don't know if thats your problem or not.

Regards

John
  View Public Profile Send a private message to johnw Find More Posts by johnw

Old 01-29-2006, 05:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 37369

n5wd is offline IP: 68.116.146.246

Re: the activation code.... you shouldn't have to worry about activation until you get CS2 up and running, which you don't seem to have been doing.

Are you upgrading an existing installation or installing a new version?

Assuming you're trying to upgrade (which, judging from your message seems reasonable) I think, if it were me, I'd erase all mention of Photoshop... delete all the program files and do a registry sweep to clean it up as much as possible. Then, install a PREVIOUS version of Photoshop, say 7.0. Once you have that up and running ok, then attempt to install the CS2 upgrade. We had a similar problem (though a different consistent error was reported) installing CS2 on a colleague's laptop. A fresh install of 7.0 (you SHOULD be able to upgrade ANY previous version of Photoshop - 7.0 was what was on her laptop previously and we knew it would run) did the trick.

Then, when you're up and running, you get to play with the Activation Gods. heh heh heh

(My guess is that something got munged up in the registry point where CS2 is looking for data to determine whether you've got a legitimate previous version, thus making you eligible for the uprade)
  View Public Profile Send a private message to n5wd Visit n5wd's homepage! Find More Posts by n5wd

Old 01-29-2006, 06:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35872
Comments: 41

R_Fredrick_Smith is offline IP: 67.174.71.224

I would try the total un-install of all existing photoshops, and then try the upgrade again. There is no need to reinstall an earlier version as long as you have the CD as it will give you an opportunity to place that CD in at some point.

But you can also just call Adobe and have them walk you through the problem. Here is the phone number page:

http://www.adobe.com/support/phonenumbers/main.html

As long as you've bought it within the last 60 days the support for installation is free, so I'd try that first.

Cheers,
Roger
  View Public Profile Send a private message to R_Fredrick_Smith Visit R_Fredrick_Smith's homepage! Find More Posts by R_Fredrick_Smith

Old 01-29-2006, 08:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36482
Comments: 2

lsc1 is offline IP: 70.144.43.34

JP,

Hope this isn't too basic but sometimes it's the small things that get us. I've only had problems like this when I did not turn off the anti-virus and anti spyware programs before trying to install. Have you checked that these are all disabled?

Cheers and good luck
LSC [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
  View Public Profile Send a private message to lsc1 Find More Posts by lsc1

Old 01-29-2006, 09:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
JohnPaul

Member GG#:
Comments:

Thank you RFS! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

You're always very helpful!

I'm going to try the uninstall idea now..

JP

Old 01-29-2006, 09:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
JohnPaul

Member GG#:
Comments:

[ QUOTE ]
Did you get the activation code from Adobe. I switched platforms last summer received the CD but was not able to install CS2 utill I called Adobe. Once they provided me with an activation code I had no problem at all.

Don't know if thats your problem or not.

Regards

John

[/ QUOTE ]

That's interesting... hmmmm... Well, I'm going to try what RFS suggested first,...and then I'll call them about that.. Wow,...so like they hold the keys to your car then..?? Hmmm.... now,...I'm not sure which road to take... since they aren't open until tomorrow, 9AM pacific time, I'll try the RFS thing first still.. Yep! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

JP

Old 01-29-2006, 09:20 PM   #8 (permalink)
JohnPaul

Member GG#:
Comments:

Re: the activation code.... you shouldn't have to worry about activation until you get CS2 up and running, which you don't seem to have been doing.

........uhmmmmmm nope.. not quite yet..

Are you upgrading an existing installation or installing a new version?

.....I am installing this on top of CS, which is on top of 6.0. 6.0 is the first version I have, and the only "full" version I have.. The rest have been those ≈ 150.00 $ upgraqdes..

Assuming you're trying to upgrade (which, judging from your message seems reasonable) I think, if it were me, I'd erase all mention of Photoshop... delete all the program files and do a registry sweep to clean it up as much as possible.

.....Yep! Good idea! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Then, install a PREVIOUS version of Photoshop, say 7.0. Once you have that up and running ok, then attempt to install the CS2 upgrade. We had a similar problem (though a different consistent error was reported) installing CS2 on a colleague's laptop. A fresh install of 7.0 (you SHOULD be able to upgrade ANY previous version of Photoshop - 7.0 was what was on her laptop previously and we knew it would run) did the trick.

.....Cool! Oh boy....I was just thinking... I have a new OS,(10.3) that doesn't support the "classic" OS 9.. and CS2..or even CS don't run on OS9.. I hope I don't have to upgrade to a "full" CS2.. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Then, when you're up and running, you get to play with the Activation Gods. heh heh heh

(My guess is that something got munged up in the registry point where CS2 is looking for data to determine whether you've got a legitimate previous version, thus making you eligible for the uprade)

Thanks for the help and suggestions,... I think I am just going to pay the piper here, and buy a "question".. or however it works with them.. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

JP

Old 01-29-2006, 09:22 PM   #9 (permalink)
JohnPaul

Member GG#:
Comments:

[ QUOTE ]
JP,

Hope this isn't too basic but sometimes it's the small things that get us. I've only had problems like this when I did not turn off the anti-virus and anti spyware programs before trying to install. Have you checked that these are all disabled?

Cheers and good luck
LSC [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm...thanks for the idea.. I'll run a systems refrag before I do anything else.. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

JP

Old 01-30-2006, 08:34 AM   #10 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 45137

snapple is offline IP: 70.115.1.38

THis iks gonna suck since you are upgrading and its not just a single installation....but I have had this happen a time or two on PS.

The solution once an installation is corrupt is to not only "uninstall" but to also do a regedit and remove your PS registry entries. Even though you "uninstall", the corrupted registry entry will stay. Each time you install it loads the program files but doesnt update the registry since it already sees the values loaded.

Again its a pain in the ass but thats how you have to do it.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to snapple Find More Posts by snapple