Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Tech Talk Forum

Tech Talk Forum Photography & Technical Related Only!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Krazy Glue Accident.. :-( HELP!!
Old 11-28-2005, 04:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
JohnPaul

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 4.159.169.213

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

I was about to repair my glasses when I didn't notice that after I stuck the pin in the top, a whole bunch of glue came gushing out of this tiny little tube... now, I have two fingers bonded together on my left hand!! BAD! IF ripping the skin apart is an option, I can't even do that!!

I know that there must be a solution somewhere that disolves it..but I don't know what it is..any help will be deeeeeply appreciated..(quickly)

JP :-(

Re: Krazy Glue Accident.. :-( HELP!!
Old 11-28-2005, 04:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 45600
Comments: 0

photogjohn is offline IP: 64.46.176.34

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

nail polish remover
  View Public Profile Send a private message to photogjohn Visit photogjohn's homepage! Find More Posts by photogjohn

Old 11-28-2005, 04:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fantasiesimage

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 68.103.193.140

must have made typing that a beeeeeooootchhh!!
good thing you werent on a toilet at home depot!!!

Finger Nail polish remover..yep yep yep!!

Old 11-28-2005, 04:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
JohnPaul

Member GG#:
Comments:

[ QUOTE ]
must have made typing that a beeeeeooootchhh!!
good thing you werent on a toilet at home depot!!!

Finger Nail polish remover..yep yep yep!!

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL... I have to use my pinky..

thanks!

JP

Old 11-28-2005, 04:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
JohnPaul

Member GG#:
Comments:

Thank you!!!

JP

Old 11-28-2005, 04:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
Fantasiesimage

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 68.103.193.140

I heard on the radio lastweek about a Scorned woman that superglued the tip of her b/f's penis to his belly and glued his scrotum to his thigh while he was sleeping!!!!!! So boys I'd be careful you Tick off!!! and they wonder why we hold on to it in our sleep!!!!

"I wasnt playing with it, I was cleaning it and it went off"

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Old 11-28-2005, 05:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35200
Comments: 0
My Mood:

bsphoto is offline IP: 134.53.140.159

Acetone, which may (or may not) be found in nail polish remover.

Also use a pencil or something round to slowly roll between your fingers, if you can. (Saw that on the History Channel)

Just curious, but why ask here? Why not google or call the number on the tube?

The one and only question in the KrazyGlue.com FAQ:

What do I do if I stick my fingers together?

Don't worry. Just soak acetone or ordinary nail polish remover containing acetone on the bonded area. The bond will break but be sure to rinse the area thoroughly after de-bonding. If you don't have acetone handy, have a little patience! Soak the bonded area in warm soapy water. Carefully peel or roll the skin apart gently and slowly. DO NOT PULL APART, Instant Krazy Glue® creates a VERY strong bond that's nearly impossible to break by pulling straight up and down. If you gently roll the skin, you will gradually diminish the bonds between the Instant Krazy Glue molecules themselves and be able to get your fingers apart. For Instant Krazy Glue® emergency medical information call toll-free 1-888-516-2502.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to bsphoto Visit bsphoto's homepage! Find More Posts by bsphoto

Old 11-29-2005, 03:38 AM   #8 (permalink)
JohnPaul

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 4.252.157.110

[ QUOTE ]
Acetone, which may (or may not) be found in nail polish remover.

Also use a pencil or something round to slowly roll between your fingers, if you can. (Saw that on the History Channel)

Just curious, but why ask here? Why not google or call the number on the tube?

The one and only question in the KrazyGlue.com FAQ:

What do I do if I stick my fingers together?

Don't worry. Just soak acetone or ordinary nail polish remover containing acetone on the bonded area. The bond will break but be sure to rinse the area thoroughly after de-bonding. If you don't have acetone handy, have a little patience! Soak the bonded area in warm soapy water. Carefully peel or roll the skin apart gently and slowly. DO NOT PULL APART, Instant Krazy Glue® creates a VERY strong bond that's nearly impossible to break by pulling straight up and down. If you gently roll the skin, you will gradually diminish the bonds between the Instant Krazy Glue molecules themselves and be able to get your fingers apart. For Instant Krazy Glue® emergency medical information call toll-free 1-888-516-2502.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well,.... I got my fingers appart,... but the nail polish remover wasn't what did it.. I had to go to the emergency room,...and they applied some stuff that reaked......I think I could power a jet with that stuff.....

Thanks for your info.. I honestly panicked...wasn't really thinking... I think I remember hearing that nail polish remover is what did the trick before,... but for future referance,... it really doesn't.....the glue on the side of the tube had not hardoned completely, and I was able to rip that from my fingers,...but their was a good glob of it that poured down the side my finger,...and I must have squeezed my fingers together at some point, bonding them together like an instant weld.. I can't believe how instant that stuff works..

I tell you,... it's good t be able to crack my knuckles again.. even if it costs me a bill from the ER.. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

JP