Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Tech Talk Forum

Tech Talk Forum Photography & Technical Related Only!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Ok so I scanned one of my images to print out
Old 03-15-2003, 05:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
LivingINDaytona

Member GG#: 35280
Comments: 0
Send a message via AIM to JaysonFromMaine Send a message via Yahoo to JaysonFromMaine

JaysonFromMaine is offline IP: 24.128.68.39

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

on my Epson 2000P...and the dang thing decides to go wacky...It starts printing and stops working right...it even printed...WITHOUT the paper feeding through...and now I have ink all over because I could not stop it in time...I keep getting miss communacation error notices... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
  View Public Profile Send a private message to JaysonFromMaine Visit JaysonFromMaine's homepage! Find More Posts by JaysonFromMaine

Still can not find any thing to
Old 03-16-2003, 05:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
LivingINDaytona

Send a message via AIM to JaysonFromMaine Send a message via Yahoo to JaysonFromMaine

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

suggest what is wrong...Has any one delt with Epson Tech support befor ??
  View Public Profile Send a private message to JaysonFromMaine Visit JaysonFromMaine's homepage! Find More Posts by JaysonFromMaine

Not to be a smart a$$
Old 03-16-2003, 06:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35195

rjwarren is offline IP: 24.160.121.2

but this is why I bought a Canon printer. I have all kinds of friends with Epson problems -- 2000 and 2200. A friend of mine was read to chuck his printer out the window (he lives pretty far up in a high rise). He could not get the printer to print. I thought he meant print with the proper color correction. Nope, he meant make a mark on a piece of paper. He spent hours with Epson tech support over the phone. Reloading drivers, operating systems, etc. What a mess.

I have no great hope for you -- and Epson seems to always blame it on someone else. Remember that as you talk with tech support -- it's your fault, Microsoft's fault, your PC manufacturer's fault, it's the cable you're using, etc. By the way -- if it's connected parallel they'll have you hook it up USB. If it's USB, they'll change you to parallel. Be careful -- when they tell you to do something ask them precisely what problem they're trying to solve and why you should be doing all this work.

Best of luck!

Bob
  View Public Profile Send a private message to rjwarren Visit rjwarren's homepage! Find More Posts by rjwarren

a smart a$$ is a good a$$...lol
Old 03-16-2003, 06:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
LivingINDaytona

I emailed John Paul Caponigro ...to see if he had a suggestion...This is the first time I have had a problem with the printer...I went throuh the other day and did a nozzel check and such...no problems...then this [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Re: Ok so I scanned one of my images to print out
Old 03-17-2003, 06:19 AM   #5 (permalink)
**DONOTDELETE**

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 66.153.14.100

Bob had most of the Epson tech responses. I had similar problems with the 1280. A few tips, the USB cable is no longer than 6', do Not use a USB hub connect to computer directly. This is on Windows 98. On the Windows ME , no problems. The USB hub was the main problem. I had a nightmare for two weeks years ago. It now prints great, I have photos for sale in art galleries sitting next to $5,000 oil paintings. It was worth the hassle. The galleries only accept the HWMatte paper, for the look and shelf life. Try http://www.dpreview.com/ in their printer forum.

J

Old 03-17-2003, 03:03 PM   #6 (permalink)
LivingINDaytona

I gave it another try..and it printed through..more banding then I would like..gonna try another re adjust....I only use matte and watercolor paper...I do not like the glossy papers...

PS I wish I could make it to
Old 03-17-2003, 03:05 PM   #7 (permalink)
LivingINDaytona

RGs workshop...know of any good park benches...lol

Re: PS I wish I could make it to
Old 03-17-2003, 06:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
**DONOTDELETE**

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 66.153.14.89

Check his post on the workshop, Fuji, Rosco etc..... RG has a lot of the top companies, with quality products that have interest in his workshops. I think most photogs are staying at the Best Western 1.5 miles from my studio, $83 for a single and $89 for a double. Maybe you can split a room with someone. My studio is on the river front, bring your sleeping bag, but look out when the tide comes up ;-)

J

There is over 70,000 sqft I have as part of a blanket lease, where I can shoot in space that is vacant, besides my regular studio space. It was turn of the century clothing manufacture. Lots of unique settiings to shoot in.

Old 03-17-2003, 08:59 PM   #9 (permalink)
**DONOTDELETE**

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 68.83.179.53

OK I know this is going to sound silly but try a couple of this one at a time and see if it helps...

1. If USB move to primary usb even if this means moving your mouse. Speaking of which IF you have a USB mouse disconnect it and try printing with the mouse disconnected.

2.Check windows update for undated usb drivers.

3.If using parrallel check the bios CAREFULLY and make sure the printer port is set to the right communication mode that Epson wants..

4.If on a mac, open window, carry mac to window, lean out, release....but a pc....lol..jsut kidding..

If none of these work feel free to email me directly and we will see what we cant figure out..

Rick
Body Visions and sometime techie

Is there a greyhound station???
Old 03-17-2003, 09:06 PM   #10 (permalink)
LivingINDaytona

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]