Photo Tips Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Tech Talk Forum

Tech Talk Forum Photography & Technical Related Only!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Hello..
Old 02-02-2003, 05:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Art
Film Dinosaur

Member GG#: 35716
Comments: 0

Art is offline IP: 68.20.1.227

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

I thought I was the only one who had a 'real' job and photographed glamour on the side semi-pro. Came across this great community and I'm all signed up - as a paid member too. As soon as I digitize some my work, I'll let you in on my stuff.

I'm part of a dying breed of medium format photographers, film no less! So if there are any of you still out there - we're kindred spirits. Use to be a 35mm guy, but I just love my new Hasselblad and haven't put it down.

Anyway, just saying "Hi!" in a long winded way.

Art. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Art Visit Art's homepage! Find More Posts by Art

welcome aboard
Old 02-02-2003, 08:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35360

Clint is offline IP: 65.145.37.27

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

I shoot very little glamour, but find that the shear traffic to GG allows for great discussion of all things photographic [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Clint Visit Clint's homepage! Find More Posts by Clint

^^^^ what he said
Old 02-02-2003, 09:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
LivingINDaytona

Member GG#: 35280
Send a message via AIM to JaysonFromMaine Send a message via Yahoo to JaysonFromMaine

JaysonFromMaine is offline IP: 24.128.68.39

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
  View Public Profile Send a private message to JaysonFromMaine Visit JaysonFromMaine's homepage! Find More Posts by JaysonFromMaine

Welcome aboard..
Old 02-03-2003, 08:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamour™

Member GG#: 1
Comments: 10
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to rolandogomez

rolandogomez is offline IP: 66.143.244.110

Art,

Hi! Welcome to the Garage Glamour™ community and family. You should have a great time here, and not to mention things will be changing for the better, specifically for the portfolios--watch for it soon...thanks again and I wish you well...
  View Public Profile Send a private message to rolandogomez Visit rolandogomez's homepage! Find More Posts by rolandogomez

Re: Hello..
Old 02-05-2003, 01:39 AM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35664
Comments: 1
My Mood:

mfharper is offline IP: 24.53.245.137

Hello Art,
I'm a new member also, I'm just getting back into photography after about a 12 year layoff. I used to shoot medium format, but now I'm really excited about digital. I just love that instant feedback! I just registered for the Ohio workshop with Jt. Smith. Has anbody ever been to one of his workshops? I'm excited about it, but have never been to a workshop before and don't really know what to expect. Or what to bring for that matter.

Mark Harper
  View Public Profile Send a private message to mfharper Visit mfharper's homepage! Find More Posts by mfharper

Old 02-05-2003, 06:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
Art
Film Dinosaur

Member GG#: 35716

Art is offline IP: 68.20.0.77

I'm in the same boat. I'm a 'corporate' man myself, but have kept in touch every now and then. Just last year I rediscovered photography and am trying to do more of it. I'm going Art Ketchum's workshop this Sunday. It's been a while and I'm not use to the 'round robin' format that I keep hearing about; I'm used to being alone with the model or me, an assistant/hair stylist/make up person and the model, but I'll adapt.

Interesting thing is that I'm quite a techie but have been completely apathetic to digital photgraphy. Although, I do hate darkroom work, so maybe there's hope for me still! LOL
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Art Visit Art's homepage! Find More Posts by Art

On JT\'s Workshop
Old 02-05-2003, 07:58 PM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35195

rjwarren is offline IP: 24.160.121.2

Mark

You asked about JT's workshop. JT is a great photographer and a fine selector of model talent for the event. His events are well put together and typically have "themes" for a particular session -- light, self promotion. etc. You'll probably be "turned loose" to shoot -- but he'll make the rounds and ensure that no one flounders. If you have a question, ask it. No question is too dumb (well, "Where's the shutter release?" would qualify) and if you don't ask we can't read your mind. How often have you said that to your significant other? Well, practice what you preach!

Welcome to GG -- we also take all questions and image critiques.

Bob

Tovah from JT's HTL II workshop
  View Public Profile Send a private message to rjwarren Visit rjwarren's homepage! Find More Posts by rjwarren

Old 02-06-2003, 06:19 PM   #8 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35679
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to Soujrnr Send a message via Yahoo to Soujrnr

Soujrnr is offline IP: 64.223.209.188

Art,

My name is Mike. I'm a photographer from Maine. Let me just say that since I've joined this awesome community, I have almost all but forgotten 90 percent of my other "favorites" because this place is the cat's meow! It's difficult for me to put into words the great things I learn from the incredible photographers in here. I've been a photographer since 1986 and I have yet to find such an awesome collection of raw talent in one forum anywhere on the internet. There are some heavy hitters in here and I would venture to say that regardless of your, or anyone's level of talent, there is always something new to be learned in the forum. I'm the "new kid on the block" when it comes to glamour photography since I've been doing editorial stock from day one but when I decided to look into broadening my horizons, one place kept showing up at the forefront and that place was right here in GG. I do sincerely believe that you will thoroughly enjoy your time spent here. I look forward to it each day.

Welcome aboard and good day!

Mike
The ice storm missed us....got 2 inches of rain instead. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Soujrnr Visit Soujrnr's homepage! Find More Posts by Soujrnr