Photo Tips Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Tech Talk Forum

Tech Talk Forum Photography & Technical Related Only!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Okies this is more confusing.How do you guys do it?
Old 03-04-2005, 06:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 42400
Comments: 0

MartinaSmith is offline IP: 65.96.216.27

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

I got delivered today a heavy package from John/Jessie and inside is this super heavy camera and a bunch of things that goes with it I think. The note reads "Ok pumpkin head, research this equipment, find as much as you can on it. Once you think you have all you can find and have learned from what you read. Call me and I will tell you what you want to know."
Okies so, On the front where my other camera says Nikon this one says CANON. I tried looking at Canon's website but couldn't find a camera that looks like this one or anything.
Then I tried typing in the F 1 that's on the front of the camera but still can't find anything about it.
I looked at the camera and it has buttons like mine does sort of. I pushed the button that looked like the picture taker button. And it made a click sound but now it won't click again?
Hmm, it's a mystery to me so far. Should I take like a pic of it with the poopie digital camera an try to put it on the portfolio so you can see better how what stuff I am talking about? I feel so out of my league right now it isn't funny. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] hehe But I have to learn about this! I have to show John he isn't the only one who can take a neat pic hehe.( Maybe I will sell it on him!)
But I don't know what to do. Any help is super appreciated.

Marty

View Public Profile Send a private message to MartinaSmith Find More Posts by MartinaSmith

Re: Okies this is more confusing.How do you guys do it?
Old 03-04-2005, 07:27 AM   #2 (permalink)
Bill Brittain

Member GG#: 40409

BillBrittain is offline IP: 68.67.210.245

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Here's your problem: When cameras break, the lettering on them changes from "Nikon" to "Canon". You should probably have it looked at.....

(ducks head) [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
  View Public Profile Send a private message to BillBrittain Visit BillBrittain's homepage! Find More Posts by BillBrittain

Old 03-04-2005, 07:33 AM   #3 (permalink)
Free Member

LOL noooo silly! It's a totally different camera thingamubob.
The nikon one, when I press the clickie button I hear a whirlie sound and it lets me press the clickie button again and I can take another pic until the film is ready to come out. But the Canon one. I pressed the clickie button and it didnt make the whirlie sound after the click or anything . Just the clickie and nothing.
My first camera I had to push the little sawblade thingie to make it so I could push the clickie and take another pic. But this doesnt have any sawblade thingies so, I just can't figure it out yet. I know it's probably easy I just can't find it yet.

Marty
  View Public Profile Send a private message to MartinaSmith Find More Posts by MartinaSmith

Old 03-04-2005, 07:44 AM   #4 (permalink)
Bill Brittain

This Canon F 1 might help, looks like they've got most of the owner's manual up there.

Also look at this: Motor Drives If you've got one of these thingies, you'll need to put batteries in it before the thing will beep or whirr.

You'll know it's fixed when it says "Nikon" or "Olympus" [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
  View Public Profile Send a private message to BillBrittain Visit BillBrittain's homepage! Find More Posts by BillBrittain

Old 03-04-2005, 07:52 AM   #5 (permalink)
Free Member

Thank you thank you thank you. It wasn't the exact one but I found the exact one with the links at the bottom!!! THANK YOU!

Marty

Old 03-04-2005, 07:52 AM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 38438
My Mood:

girlfair is offline IP: 69.40.215.254

what's the model number on the Canon? Should be on the front of the case. If your Nikon was a film camera, the "whirly" sound was the film advancer. A digital camera won't have a film advancer (because there's no film). If there's a manual with the camera, the first 10 or so pages SHOULD have a diagram of the camera with arrows pointing to all the different gizmos on the camera, and a description of what each thing is. Good luck.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to girlfair Visit girlfair's homepage! Find More Posts by girlfair

Old 03-04-2005, 07:54 AM   #7 (permalink)
Bill Brittain

Have fun. It's a classic camera!

The most important thing to remember...
Old 03-04-2005, 08:19 AM   #8 (permalink)
GWC Extraordinaire

Member GG#: 40697
Send a message via MSN to The_Glamour_Spot Send a message via Yahoo to The_Glamour_Spot

The_Glamour_Spot is offline IP: 24.238.176.54

Martina, I think this is VERY sound advice...always remember....

"Friends don't let Friends shoot NIKON!!!..." [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
  View Public Profile Send a private message to The_Glamour_Spot Visit The_Glamour_Spot's homepage! Find More Posts by The_Glamour_Spot

Old 03-04-2005, 08:46 AM   #9 (permalink)
Evangelical Ne'er-do-well

Member GG#: 42306
Send a message via Yahoo to ChipBulgin

ChipBulgin is offline IP: 68.49.128.240

[ QUOTE ]
Have fun. It's a classic camera!

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, it's a professional camera [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Also Marty, it's ideal for self-defense. Someone comes at you, you can grab the camera by the lens and club an attacker with it. Two blows should be enough to kill anything up to and including a cape buffalo. It's also used in the construction industry for framing up buildings.

In all seriousness Marty, someone gave you a really nice present. You are now the owner of equipment that cost at least a couple thousand dollars at one time. It will last you a lifetime.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to ChipBulgin Find More Posts by ChipBulgin

Re: The most important thing to remember...
Old 03-04-2005, 08:47 AM   #10 (permalink)
Old, Bald, Village Idiot

Member GG#: 36160
My Mood:
Send a message via Yahoo to AGellert

AGellert is offline IP: 70.59.249.113

[ QUOTE ]
Martina, I think this is VERY sound advice...always remember....

"Friends don't let Friends shoot NIKON!!!..." [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL.. No.. I think its "Friends don't let friends fire a canon". (KaBoom) LOL [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
  View Public Profile Send a private message to AGellert Visit AGellert's homepage! Find More Posts by AGellert