Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Community Related Forumss > Photo Reviews & Critiques Only

Photo Reviews & Critiques Only Constructive & professional critiques only

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Multiple Arizona shoot images (N) -- feedback appreciated
Old 05-16-2004, 04:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35341
Comments: 0
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to hicspix

hicspix is offline IP: 205.188.116.211

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

A few weeks back, I had the extreme pleasure of working with Melissa of Mesa (missyfit here on GG).

Although initially planning the Southwest trip as more a vacation, Mel convinced me to adjust my schedule for a day of shooting with her in the Phoenix area. Her husband Greg (geowulf on here) was kind enough to do pre-shoot location scouting and serve as driver, assistant, co-shooter and basically, all-around good guy! It was a madcap, dawn-to-dusk day, but I like the images we were able to create.

I'm glad I was able to work with them, a very fun couple and one of the trip's big highlights! Thanks guys! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

BTW, It was also a nice reminder of what a terrific resource Garage Glamour really is (free bonus plug to Rolondo and the gang ... lol)

The "golden instant" at sunrise

Waiting on the shooters ... lol

Cooling off in the pool

Posing at an abandoned building

Doing her "GI Jane" thing [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

More images from the shoot can be found here at my portfolio . Thanks for the feedback!

Dave
  View Public Profile Send a private message to hicspix Visit hicspix's homepage! Find More Posts by hicspix

Re: Multiple Arizona shoot images (N) -- feedback appreciated
Old 05-16-2004, 06:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
missyfit

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 68.2.167.214

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Very nice! ((((BIGHUGS))))) Landscape photos are breathtaking
You are the best Dave! It was a very fast and fun trip! Hard work too. Never thought my ass would be up at 3:30 in the AM [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Thanks, Mel! ...
Old 05-16-2004, 10:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

My Mood:

... you share half the credit in what we created, after all. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

And I hear ya on the early start! Who would have thought that Arizona's sun comes up an hour earlier than most anyplace else in the world. They really need to invest in that Daylight Savings deal ... I for one was "daylight spent" by the end of our shoot .. lol

Thanks again for nudging me to get together and shoot, too. I had a blast!

[ QUOTE ]
Landscape photos are breathtaking

[/ QUOTE ]

Although the landscapes in my GG portfolio don't technically fit in as "glamour", it certainly is a beautiful piece of countryside you have there in the Southwest. I had extra space in the portfolio so decided to temporarily include them there. It's a nice contrast between the two natural beauties of that area. One soft, curvy and fragile and the other hard, angular and, well, also fragile.

Here's another two from our shoot ...

View Public Profile Send a private message to hicspix Visit hicspix's homepage! Find More Posts by hicspix

Old 05-18-2004, 11:18 AM   #4 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35236
Send a message via AIM to eselby Send a message via Yahoo to eselby

eselby is offline IP: 65.80.76.86

#1 is quite good!
#2 - eh - maybe a tighter framing
#3 - nice - the black offers a good contrast to the blue. Makes me want to jump in!
#4 not so crazy about - shoes look out of place
#5 I like the idea, but her face looks long in that one

View Public Profile Send a private message to eselby Visit eselby's homepage! Find More Posts by eselby

Thanks, Ed
Old 05-18-2004, 12:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

My Mood:

hicspix is offline IP: 209.92.185.199

I appreciate your observations and your taking the time to share them. I agree with much of what you said here, too.

Thanks again!
Dave

Old 05-18-2004, 03:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 37661
Comments: 1

eldor is offline IP: 24.37.85.125

Great series, David! Your work is amazing! I am glad to see your work over here, as awhile back I used to follow your posts on FM.

Out of curiosity, what lens did you use on the second shot (Waiting for the shooters)? There's something about that shot that really appeals to me.

Looks like a tough lady (with the machette).

Best regards...

Eldor
  View Public Profile Send a private message to eldor Visit eldor's homepage! Find More Posts by eldor

Thanks Eldor!
Old 05-18-2004, 05:14 PM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

My Mood:

Nice to see you here at GG, too. Though I have been around the major online sites over the years, this is where I always feel most at home. Thanks for the kind praise, too! You really have me smiling broadly.

[ QUOTE ]
Out of curiosity, what lens did you use on the second shot (Waiting for the shooters)? There's something about that shot that really appeals to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here are the specs on that image. It was actually one of those "glance-up-and-see-it" moments we all run into during shoots. I guess it brought out my old photojournalistic roots when capturing it and that's part of what appeals to you. My guess anyway. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Model - Canon EOS
ShutterSpeedValue - 1/180 seconds
ApertureValue - F 13.00
FocalLength - 300 mm
UserComment - equivilent of 480mm (Canon EOS 100-300mm lens)
ExposureMode - Manual
WhiteBalance - Custom

Take care and thanks again for the feedback,
Dave

Old 05-20-2004, 04:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
The Great Collaborator

Member GG#: 38299
My Mood:
Send a message via ICQ to geowulf Send a message via AIM to geowulf Send a message via MSN to geowulf Send a message via Yahoo to geowulf

geowulf is offline IP: 68.2.167.214

hrmm.. 558 views and only 2 people (who weren't involved with the shoot) bothered to comment.

Hats off to those who did so! (thanks ED and ELDOR)

And to the rest of you :P [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

nah.. just givin you all a hard time!

"It's all good"!

Greg

View Public Profile Send a private message to geowulf Find More Posts by geowulf

Old 05-20-2004, 04:57 PM   #9 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 38761

Guitarmike is offline IP: 68.102.64.253

I like them all. However, I think the second one is fabulous. It has the perfect mix of sex appeal and innocence. Great Work!
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Guitarmike Find More Posts by Guitarmike

Old 05-20-2004, 06:22 PM   #10 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36016
Comments: 2
My Mood:

mhickey is offline IP: 66.68.34.150

Okay, so how are you approaching this? As a photographer or as the husband? Since I kind of have a frail connection here I held off commenting so that people would not say 'hey Mike is just being a bud here". Now, to my bad I got busy and never went back to see what was happening. Believe me this is not the first time I have sinned in this manner. So let's review; keeping in mind, I like the photographer, the model and the model's husband;

#1 - I would have gone tighter on the crop but exposure everything else is good, but I have to ask myself - self! I have a beautiful possibly nude beautiful woman in an outdoor setting and I have focused on her face, in a sideways laying down pose. Self - is this the first in a series? Why yes you mumbling old man it is. Okay, cool.

#2 - Love it but once again a tighter crop for my taste. And, oh by the way you better have shot a similar one with an alluring smile. IMHO

#3 - I really like this but I am not a big "in the water" guy. Perhaps because of a tragic experience at boy scout camp bu that is another story.

#4 - I like this but would have changed two things. First rarely does a woman look good straight on with both feet side by side. One foot in front and a turn to the hips flatters far more. I also would like to see something not so centered and a pose that gave more of a sense of motion

#5- I go multiple way on this image. First I like the concept but the model is hitting a model pose not a female Indiana Jones pose. There would be more action if the right hand was up on the rock as if she was pulling her way through the situation.

Okay, I'm a bad boy. If I was a good boy I'd be planning a trip to Arizona to play around with you lovely people (cuzzin Dave and I have agreed that me need to meet). Right now my wife as an about to be grandmother has planned out every free nickle with respect to road trips. We will meet and we will work together. As a word to all. This particular forum has not earned the hits that the main forum has. People who have been around for a long time rarely go beyond the main forum. If you want comments I would post there until this space has earned a rep. But that's just me, a tired old, hair challenged, formerly myopic, child of the fifties who just loves young folks like you all. Did I say I was about to be a grandfather?

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Almost forgot to post one of my own. Keep in mind this could be Missy.

Mike
  View Public Profile Send a private message to mhickey Visit mhickey's homepage! Find More Posts by mhickey