Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Community Related Forumss > Photo Reviews & Critiques Only

Photo Reviews & Critiques Only Constructive & professional critiques only

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Honest Feedback
Old 04-19-2004, 11:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
J T Smith

Member GG#: 35390
Comments: 0

jtsmith is offline IP: 12.105.117.8

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Seriously looking for any feedback. Bad, good, wtf was you thinking, stuff like that! Thanks.

J T

View Public Profile Send a private message to jtsmith Visit jtsmith's homepage! Find More Posts by jtsmith

WTF
Old 04-20-2004, 12:16 AM   #2 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 37714

Ratboy is offline IP: 4.60.188.233

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

I think they should put this picture in the photography dictionary under "perfect composition." Honestly, this is the best composition I have seen in a long time. And I have no life and look at a LOT of images, mind you.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Ratboy Find More Posts by Ratboy

Re: Honest Feedback
Old 04-20-2004, 12:41 AM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36789
Comments: 1
My Mood:
Send a message via Yahoo to ARTFORMS

ARTFORMS is offline IP: 65.54.98.146

Hopefully honest feedback is what any post should have. I like the photo, the composition and the model is attractive. I notice that there are some strong shadows on her left leg, her right arm and under her chin, which makes me think that the sun was very bright for that shoot. How did she manage to keep her eyes open with that bright sun shining on her face? Good work on both of your parts.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to ARTFORMS Visit ARTFORMS's homepage! Find More Posts by ARTFORMS

It\'s that 1 2 ...click
Old 04-20-2004, 12:56 AM   #4 (permalink)
J T Smith

Member GG#: 35390

jtsmith is offline IP: 12.105.117.8

I see the shadows and it was very bright. Probably about 5 p.m. so the sun was up there. I just counted, one two three, click.

It's a little different for me and I posted out front earlier with it and was hoping to get some gut feedback on it.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

J T
  View Public Profile Send a private message to jtsmith Visit jtsmith's homepage! Find More Posts by jtsmith

jt i love your stuff
Old 04-20-2004, 07:05 AM   #5 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35795

orlphoto is offline IP: 68.202.147.79

however, with the shadow bisecting (or is it disecting?) her upper right arm and encroaching on her right leg it ruins the composition, etc.

it would have been strong if not for those shadows....

similar to this one...I didn't notice the lower portion of her shirt had become wrinkled...details right?

richard
  View Public Profile Send a private message to orlphoto Visit orlphoto's homepage! Find More Posts by orlphoto

Old 04-20-2004, 09:03 AM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36196
Send a message via Yahoo to BarbInKC

BarbInKC is offline IP: 207.192.197.162

Ok so you're looking for honest feedback, and I assume you post here because you want someone to try to pick apart the flaws. I'm trying gosh darn it and am having a bit of a hard time, although I'd LIKE to find something I could complain about. LOL

If I MUST try to find SOMETHING, I'd say the log in the middle right could go, and the "whatever" stick-like thing in the bottom right could go too. The light is beautiful and the shadows don't bother me because it's apparent it's sunshine she's staring into, and it has produced some shadows. That's normal.

On the BRIGHT side, this model is gorgeous and honestly, there isn't anything in this shot I'd change if it were mine. I think the model's beauty, and your ability to capture it is the major focus here and everything else is by FAR secondary. By the way, I tried this staring into the sun thing recently and didn't get nearly as good of results as you did. I couldn't get MY model to stop squinting!
  View Public Profile Send a private message to BarbInKC Find More Posts by BarbInKC

It\'s all about the details ...
Old 04-20-2004, 10:29 AM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35218

Doug_Lester is offline IP: 66.245.113.254

I don't do critiques very often these days, but since you asked, this pic is so damned close to being excellent.

The model, the lighting and the overall composition are all excellent. But it's all in the detials and in this shot there are too many sort of unidentifiable things surrounding the model which do damage to the image. First, the rather trinagular shaped shadows on the model's right side are very distracting and unnatural looking. I suspect that if she had model just a few inches forward, those would have been removed.

The big leaf close to and in front of her face is distracting. Being so close to her face and so large, it competes with her face for attention.

The logs(?) bamboo(?) or whatever on the model's left side are also distracting. Not enough of them can be seen to easily identify them, so they distract. Including more of them might have added to the image rather than detracting from it.

The model's left arm, leaning on the wood(?) in in front of her face and torso; a combination of the arm's position and the angle of the camera make it look 'odd', a bit overly strained, seen in the pronounced elbow bones and muscles/tendons in her forarm. Again, had she moved forward just a bit, that arm's angle would have been better.

Finally and a lesser problem, the lower crop is just at her right knee. I know you know better than that! Tht alone isn't all that bad, but when combined with the other problems, becomes more serious.

MY place
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Doug_Lester Visit Doug_Lester's homepage! Find More Posts by Doug_Lester

Old 04-20-2004, 10:36 AM   #8 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 38106

Webitmaster is offline IP: 69.3.221.148

The strong shadow on her right arm below the shoulder gives the elusion that the arm is amputated at that point. The right leg looks like it is missing a chunk as too.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Webitmaster Visit Webitmaster's homepage! Find More Posts by Webitmaster

WWYT
Old 04-20-2004, 12:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
The Great Collaborator

Member GG#: 38299
My Mood:
Send a message via ICQ to geowulf Send a message via AIM to geowulf Send a message via MSN to geowulf Send a message via Yahoo to geowulf

geowulf is offline IP: 67.128.5.2

I can't speak for the others.. but I certainly want to know "What where you thinking"!

(Cause if I knew that, I would be a better photographer. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )

- maybe I am just trying to make up for all the times I have manipulated your photo without permission. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] LOL

But seriously... I think it was well done.

Greg
  View Public Profile Send a private message to geowulf Find More Posts by geowulf

Old 04-20-2004, 02:08 PM   #10 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35859

DWilson is offline IP: 198.161.33.146

The Good - She's hot and you got some great tones going on here!

The Bad - Them leaf shadows.

The WTFWYT - Um...I dunno?

Cheers!
  View Public Profile Send a private message to DWilson Visit DWilson's homepage! Find More Posts by DWilson