Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Community Related Forumss > Photo Reviews & Critiques Only

Photo Reviews & Critiques Only Constructive & professional critiques only

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Boudoir
Old 03-19-2004, 05:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
MartyKlunk

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 170.103.143.55

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Had a woman want to do a boudoir shoot recently. She basically had several outfits in mind. I shot these on location at her place and thought I would share with you all.

Re: Boudoir
Old 03-19-2004, 08:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 37714
Comments: 0

Ratboy is offline IP: 216.160.126.56

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Did she sign a release for you to use those photos?
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Ratboy Find More Posts by Ratboy

Old 03-19-2004, 09:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36016
Comments: 2
My Mood:

mhickey is offline IP: 66.68.34.150

Whether or not she signed a release will be your issue to deal with and I suppose this forum. I shoot a lot of "boudoir" the only one of these that I really consider close to "boudoir" is perhaps #3 and that is a stretch. True "boudoir" envokes the atmosphere of the bedroom. A woman's private chamber. Your images while having their own technical execution are more glamour images of someone that many would not consider glamourous. That is not a slight to her as most of my clients are near her age and many near her stature. If you are to create true boudoir then your subject needs to be in that element, otherwise you are shooting in a different vein. I never post my "boudoir clients". The entire session is something that she possesses. She determines who will see the images. Perhaps her lover or perhaps they are her's to cherish and one day look back upon in later life. And finally something that is private and personal to her family when her time here is done.

I would hope that you would re-examine what "boudoir" is about.

No image to post because I do not post my boudoir clients.

Mike
  View Public Profile Send a private message to mhickey Visit mhickey's homepage! Find More Posts by mhickey

Old 03-20-2004, 02:08 AM   #4 (permalink)
The Great Collaborator

Member GG#: 38299
My Mood:
Send a message via ICQ to geowulf Send a message via AIM to geowulf Send a message via MSN to geowulf Send a message via Yahoo to geowulf

geowulf is offline IP: 68.2.167.214

Well put.

View Public Profile Send a private message to geowulf Find More Posts by geowulf

Old 03-20-2004, 09:37 AM   #5 (permalink)
MartyKlunk

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 68.75.20.187

Mike,
Points well taken. Yes I do have a release. I know the literal term for boudoir is woman's private sitting room although I think the realiy of it is they view it more as their own fantasy shoot. I realize the other two shots are more in the realm of glamour but for her it was part of what she wanted to do. Perhaps I chose the wrong title. Do you ask anyone else that poses a partial or full nude if they all have model releases? Why now? This woman was very pleased with these images and was pleased I asked to post them for display and feedback. So far I haven't seen anything mentioned on the quality images that can help me improve other than the fact I am missing a bed.

Old 03-20-2004, 10:19 AM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36016
Comments: 2
My Mood:

mhickey is offline IP: 66.68.34.150

Actually I just echoed Ratboy's post. He asked about the release first. I agree you just chose the wrong title. Yes you can post any quality level of photograph, it was your title that bothered me.

Mike
  View Public Profile Send a private message to mhickey Visit mhickey's homepage! Find More Posts by mhickey

Old 03-20-2004, 10:59 AM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35723

Dman65 is offline IP: 24.74.54.246

Hello Marty,

I thought I would try to offer a few comments on your images. I am hardly an authority, but maybe something I write will be of help to you.

First Image:
The camera angle and lens selection are making her legs look a bit larger than would probably be ideal. If you could use a longer lens that would probably help here. I would stay away from facing squarely into the camera like this unless you have a model who has a perfect figure. Of course that may have been what she wanted in which case, that is what you have to shoot.

Second Image:
This is my favorite of the three. She has a very pretty face. There is some pretty good portrait lighting happening on her face. I'd probably feel better about a fedora rather than the hat she has on, of course if you didn't have a fedora nothing you can do about that. The hot spot on the hat competes a bit with her face and eyes which are what carries this image.

Third Image:
I'd like to see a little more light getting up to her eyes. Maybe soften some of the lines on her face just a little more. I'm not sure if the image needs to be cropped as wide as it is. The picture starts to disappear, but I did get a lot of sense of mystery that I would expect from a wide crop. Also, I don't think the wardrobe here really flatters her very much. I am thinking she probably needs some support under the negligee. I would also like to see her turned a little more to make the image a little more dynamic. Leaning forward a bit would help improve the appearance of the bust and would add a little more dynamic aspect.

Well, I hope something in here has been useful.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Dman65 Find More Posts by Dman65

Old 03-20-2004, 04:59 PM   #8 (permalink)
The Great Collaborator

My Mood:
Send a message via ICQ to geowulf Send a message via AIM to geowulf Send a message via MSN to geowulf Send a message via Yahoo to geowulf

Certainly a relief to know that you aren't haphazardly posting semi-nude photos of your clients. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I think that it is quite a compliment when your client is pleased enough with your photos that she wants to share them.

The most important part is that your customer is happy.

View Public Profile Send a private message to geowulf Find More Posts by geowulf

Old 03-20-2004, 07:10 PM   #9 (permalink)
Biker by the Grace of God

Member GG#: 35237

dynamike is offline IP: 69.128.129.241

Yes, client/customer happiness is crucial since it pays the bills, not kudos on the GG forum. They're decent images. You've made the average woman feel sexy. I think that speaks for itself.

Mike is a real pro at this. I would definately take to heart any advice from him.

Mike
  View Public Profile Send a private message to dynamike Visit dynamike's homepage! Find More Posts by dynamike

Old 03-20-2004, 11:27 PM   #10 (permalink)
The Great Collaborator

My Mood:

I second that. Mike Hickey is a Pro at this and I certainly pay attention when he offers photography advice.

(Please don't ask him to model however. LOL)

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]