Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Community Related Forumss > Photo Reviews & Critiques Only

Photo Reviews & Critiques Only Constructive & professional critiques only

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
***?WHY DON'T ANY OF YOU INTERACT OR COMMENT?***
Old 01-13-2011, 12:48 AM   #1 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 65932
Comments: 0
Send a message via Skype™ to Wheel*E Industies

Wheel*E Industies is offline IP: 184.1.107.61

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

I thought I could get some help here and by the views I see people are on here but none of you say anything. Not that great of a forum if all you guys do is post pictures and no ones talks. You guys scared to talk to critique or what Just my two cents. Guess I'll try this forum for one more week then I'll go try and find another one.

I also have better/high quality pics on my Flickr account!
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Wheel*E Industies Visit Wheel*E Industies's homepage! Find More Posts by Wheel*E Industies

Re: ***?WHY DON'T ANY OF YOU INTERACT OR COMMENT?***
Old 01-13-2011, 12:54 AM   #2 (permalink)
Free Member

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Just so this all makes sense this is what I'm talking about. These numbers don't make sense.
Out of 1,160 views only 6 people had something to say?

View Public Profile Send a private message to Wheel*E Industies Visit Wheel*E Industies's homepage! Find More Posts by Wheel*E Industies

Old 01-13-2011, 09:43 AM   #3 (permalink)
Oddly Irritating

Member GG#: 35404
Comments: 2

ErnieR is offline IP: 147.97.130.27

OK, your attempt at glamour post.. how many photos did you put in there expecting a critique on? By the time you get to end of them you've forgotten what was at the top. Keep it to one to three photos and I might reply, otherwise I don't have the time to sort through it. But that's just me.... and it might help if you put your name at the bottom of your post.

My Website
My Photo Blog
My Photo Diary
  View Public Profile Send a private message to ErnieR Visit ErnieR's homepage! Find More Posts by ErnieR

Old 01-13-2011, 11:47 AM   #4 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 55764
My Mood:

BenE is offline IP: 216.167.157.175

I found two posts you started and asked for critiques. I think one had 11 images and the other 9. I am guessing you want someone to comment on each of them. That is difficult to do, because the viewer has to keep scrolling up to see them and back to reply. Try posting one or two.

Keep in mind also that many of the views are not members who can look but not post. Except for the "nude" section, they can't see that.

Even if you are frustrated, an all cap title turns people off.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to BenE Visit BenE's homepage! Find More Posts by BenE

Old 01-13-2011, 12:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
Free Member

The Caps what to get everyones attention cause its seem like there isn't much in this forum. And when I post my pictures they all that have the same feel and flow no matter what I'm shooting. I like more pictures cause you can see more of the photographers style as to when they only post one you see one picture. Maybe they had more pics and better pics and the one they picked wasn't the best. Pick one out of however many I post and critique that one. Its not like when you "Quote" my comments your can delete all the other pics just to see the one. But people saying they don't have time to scroll up and down or I have too many pictures too look through would just lead me to assume that people on here really are lurkers and not here to browse or learn at all. Forums aren't meant to be a 5 minute chill session in-and-out type deal. This is just my 2 cents on this whole thing but I know that out of all the people that viewed this was not just non members.

And I know I'm not the only one on here that feels like that and I just started using this like 3 days ago. I'm not necessary looking for critique but I know if I see a photo/photos I like I comment to let the photographer know they did a good job instead of just gocking and saying nothing on their thread. If we a photographers think we are the best or don't think we can talk to other photographers to help them no one will ever move forward. I have meet SO many photographers that act like no photographer is as good as them and like their style of shooting and their "secrets" to shooting should stay with them. Whats so wrong with having a lot of great photographers?

Old 01-13-2011, 12:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
Oddly Irritating

Member GG#: 35404
Comments: 2

ErnieR is offline IP: 147.97.130.27

Well, I'm not interested in giving or receiving attaboys.... and when you post a lot of photos you might get a few critical comments but mostly it's going to be attaboys you get. And that seems to be common on most forums that I've used.

If you want me to take you seriously then put your best shot up and ask how you did, if you can't figure out why another photo isn't working, then put it up and ask for opinions. The difference is glancing and looking, you put up a bunch.... I'll glance at them, you put up one I'll spend more time on it and look at it. And style should be obvious in a single shot, more photos just dilutes it.

You are asking for my time, which I don't have much of for futzing around... I'm spending this much time writing the because I've been working on photos all morning and I need break. Anyway, I'm pretty sure the average reader doesn't care what you or I want when we make a post. So make it simple request if you want someone else's time.

And to tell the truth.... generally, I don't do many critiques anymore unless I think the asker is serious about it. Because they rarely like being told it can be done better when what they really want is someone to say "attaboy."

Just my $.02....

Ernie

My Website
My Photo Blog
My Photo Diary
  View Public Profile Send a private message to ErnieR Visit ErnieR's homepage! Find More Posts by ErnieR

Old 01-13-2011, 12:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
Free Member

Im not looking for attaboys. I'm looking for critiques. attaboys are for average-going no where photographers. I am at the top of my game for Graphic Design now learning photography to mix in with it now that I'm design for a few magazines. I'll post one picture at a time now hoping more like you have very little time to say anything if anything at all.

Old 01-13-2011, 03:54 PM   #8 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 55764
My Mood:

BenE is offline IP: 216.167.157.175

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheel*E Industies View Post
The ========But people saying they don't have time to scroll up and down or I have too many pictures too look through would just lead me to assume that people on here really are lurkers and not here to browse or learn at all. =======
That about describes me.

What some of us do not have time for, is people who have been on for 3 days yelling about how terrible we are for not giving them a critique for every shot they post.

Since I am a full time photographer and have been so for 41 years, I must now get back to what I do best... lurking and not learning... wait... let me rephrase.....

I must get back to making a living by photographing people, places and things... well people and things mostly.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to BenE Visit BenE's homepage! Find More Posts by BenE

Old 01-14-2011, 11:35 PM   #9 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 65805
Comments: 1

geredd60 is offline IP: 99.224.119.7

Well Jesse, I am one of those lurkers you have such a problem with. I bouthg my first camera 2 years ago and have spent the last 2 years reading everything I can get my hands on about photography. I've got several of Rolando's book as well as a dozen others, plus I "lurk" at about a half dozen photography forums trying to garner tips.

That being said in this particular forum I am much more a lurker since although I have a great interest in glamour style photgraphy I have yet to get a chance to take any such photographs. Unlike what I have seen frmo you I try to keep posts to forums in line with the subjects of the forums. You have a posting for a magazine ad that is completely unrelated to glamour photography on a glamour photography forum. If I was a pro photog, which I am far from. I would find your post insulting at best. You are asking someone that makes money and has spent many years studying to help you fix a picture that you committed to doing without having the skillset to deliver.

I've also looked at the 60 images you have posted in your album and they make me think you have done very little studying about photography. I'm not saying that all the rules have to be followed but I do think that as a beginner you should try to succeed within the rules before breaking them all. Also personally I won't even post snapshots on my own facebook as I try to put my best foot forward. out of the thousands of photos I have taken over the last 2 years less then sixty have been posted anywhere.

Lastly, I've seen you make rebuttals and get defensive when people did give you feedback, if you want to get feedback then when it is given, thank them and take your lumps without making excuses.

there, now you have some feedback.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to geredd60 Find More Posts by geredd60

Old 01-15-2011, 11:04 PM   #10 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35664
Comments: 1
My Mood:

mfharper is offline IP: 174.36.199.201

Quote:
Originally Posted by geredd60 View Post
Well Jesse, I am one of those lurkers you have such a problem with. I bouthg my first camera 2 years ago and have spent the last 2 years reading everything I can get my hands on about photography. I've got several of Rolando's book as well as a dozen others, plus I "lurk" at about a half dozen photography forums trying to garner tips.

That being said in this particular forum I am much more a lurker since although I have a great interest in glamour style photgraphy I have yet to get a chance to take any such photographs. Unlike what I have seen frmo you I try to keep posts to forums in line with the subjects of the forums. You have a posting for a magazine ad that is completely unrelated to glamour photography on a glamour photography forum. If I was a pro photog, which I am far from. I would find your post insulting at best. You are asking someone that makes money and has spent many years studying to help you fix a picture that you committed to doing without having the skillset to deliver.

I've also looked at the 60 images you have posted in your album and they make me think you have done very little studying about photography. I'm not saying that all the rules have to be followed but I do think that as a beginner you should try to succeed within the rules before breaking them all. Also personally I won't even post snapshots on my own facebook as I try to put my best foot forward. out of the thousands of photos I have taken over the last 2 years less then sixty have been posted anywhere.

Lastly, I've seen you make rebuttals and get defensive when people did give you feedback, if you want to get feedback then when it is given, thank them and take your lumps without making excuses.

there, now you have some feedback.
Welcome to the world of posting on GG Geredd. When you come in out of the dark it is to make a good point. Would love to see some of your glamour work when you get around to shooting some. And just FYI, you can post on here and ask questions without posting actual pictures, so don't be shy in the future.

www.hhphoto.net
  View Public Profile Send a private message to mfharper Visit mfharper's homepage! Find More Posts by mfharper