Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Community Related Forumss > Photo Reviews & Critiques Only

Photo Reviews & Critiques Only Constructive & professional critiques only

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
These are some of my attemps at Glamour Shots
Old 01-11-2011, 08:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 65932
Comments: 0
Send a message via Skype™ to Wheel*E Industies

Wheel*E Industies is offline IP: 184.1.107.61

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

I shot these in a small dining room in my friends apartment. Room probably 15x15 haha and I used a lamp for lighting. Like I have said in my other posts so far I am very new and using what I can get my hands on to shoot and learn.

I also have better/high quality pics on my Flickr account!
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Wheel*E Industies Visit Wheel*E Industies's homepage! Find More Posts by Wheel*E Industies

Re: These are some of my attemps at Glamour Shots
Old 01-11-2011, 08:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 60607
Comments: 2
Send a message via MSN to Boutdat

Boutdat is offline IP: 71.166.80.33

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

I really like #6 photo...
I think the white balance is a little off though and the blacks could stand to come up a bit just to hide some of the imperfections on the dress sleeve (maybe lint). But still a great composed and posed shot.
FlossyFlick photo
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Boutdat Find More Posts by Boutdat

Old 01-11-2011, 08:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boutdat View Post
I really like #6 photo...
I think the white balance is a little off though and the blacks could stand to come up a bit just to hide some of the imperfections on the dress sleeve (maybe lint). But still a great composed and posed shot.
Thanks like I said this was one of my first of 3 attempts at glamour shots and to still keep them a little different from what I usually see. I'll work on that though man.

View Public Profile Send a private message to Wheel*E Industies Visit Wheel*E Industies's homepage! Find More Posts by Wheel*E Industies

Old 01-12-2011, 08:15 AM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 37608

Mark_Oehler is offline IP: 173.20.168.22

These are pretty cool. I really like the compositional design on them. 1 and 4 are a little disconcerning for me as the model doesn't really seem to be anchored to anything so she looks like she is just floating. Normally our eye tend to go to the element that is most unlike everything else in the photo. In those two, the dress is the thing that stands out most. If that is what your focus for the shoot was then you acomplished it. If the focus was to be the model, I think something lighter in color would have been better so that her skin tone was the most different element.

@Jesse and Derrick: Hats off to both of you for really digging into the forums and contributing. I think it is just the kick in the pants that this site may need.

I have been reluctant to post much here because of the rumored site upgrade that is coming. The last two upgrades were really frustrating because I lost a bunch of images and the learning curve was step for me. The increased number of posts you guys are putting up, might must be the kick in the pants I need, too.

Keep 'em coming.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Mark_Oehler Visit Mark_Oehler's homepage! Find More Posts by Mark_Oehler

Old 01-13-2011, 12:58 AM   #5 (permalink)
Free Member

Thanks for your input and I can work on that. I know what your talking about with the outfit and thats just how I edited them but what you said makes sense.

Is it always slow on here like this? It seems like everyone gets on here but no one talks, they just look and leave.

Old 01-13-2011, 07:03 AM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 37608

Mark_Oehler is offline IP: 173.20.168.22

I can't speak for anyone else, but I do monitor this site and interject occasionally. Sometimes it just takes someone to take the initiative to start posting regularly. I have a little more recent stuff that I am prepping for posting. Keep you eyes peeled for it.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Mark_Oehler Visit Mark_Oehler's homepage! Find More Posts by Mark_Oehler

Old 01-13-2011, 10:03 AM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35664
Comments: 1
My Mood:

mfharper is offline IP: 96.27.129.100

With the exception of #4 I like the composition, cropping a posing on these. The lighting seems flat with too many specular highlights. It's hard to pinpoint because I suspect these have had a lot of post processing. What are you lighting with? Are you using an on camera flash? If so the #1 thing you can do is get the flash off the camera.

www.hhphoto.net
  View Public Profile Send a private message to mfharper Visit mfharper's homepage! Find More Posts by mfharper