Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Community Related Forumss > Photo Reviews & Critiques Only

Photo Reviews & Critiques Only Constructive & professional critiques only

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Anne; First Real Shoot, Constructive Comments Please
Old 06-11-2010, 05:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 64402
Comments: 0

Kallabeth is offline IP: 24.1.203.144

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Here a a few from my first shoot with a model & girl, that was not my gf. I'm already aware I could stand to get an external flash or reflector for fill-in use.

View Public Profile Send a private message to Kallabeth Find More Posts by Kallabeth

Re: Anne; First Real Shoot, Constructive Comments Please
Old 06-11-2010, 05:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
Free Member

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sorry about this photo posting, I'll try to stack them vertically next time.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Kallabeth Find More Posts by Kallabeth

Old 06-12-2010, 11:46 AM   #3 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 60479

solent is offline IP: 213.208.111.202

The first few shots you posted where disappointing but things improved later on in the bunch. Too many to give individual comments on, but I really like the silhouette shot and the close up before it.

You need to work on copping and composition on some of the shots.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to solent Find More Posts by solent

Old 06-13-2010, 04:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 63471
My Mood:

draconis is offline IP: 70.81.119.16

Nice group of shots. The silouhette one is also my preferred. The bra showins trough the garnments is very distracting. It would be better with another underwear-t-shirt combinated (or no bra at all if the model wanna try!).

It is a gorgeous model. You could improve vastly and easily from this good start.

Draconis

Old 06-13-2010, 05:39 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member GG#: 51075
Comments: 1
My Mood:
Send a message via Skype™ to PhotoDave1

PhotoDave1 is offline IP: 75.172.240.228

As has been stated previously in the first three images you either need to use a reflector or fill-flash to open up the shadows.

As others have commented, I also like the sillouhette. That is a good image.

One of the photos (close-up headshot) it looks like you scanned it into your computer because there is noticeable dust under the models eye.

Also, for the image of her in the meadow I would have had her remove the foot-flops and had her place her left hand so it cradles her face instead of simply touching it.

You didn't indicate if you are using film or digital but in either case I strongly recommend that you buy and use a good light meter and set your camera on Manual. There are too many instances where an in-camera meter can be fooled.

There are some good tutorials on this site and elsewhere on the internet that cover exposure and posing and I suggest you look at them. Also, look at the images that are posted here by other members and see what was done right and try to copy it.

Good luck and keep trying.
deallen313@yahoo.com
Skype IM: DAllen3031
Twitter: ThePhotoPro1
Web Page: www.flickr.com/photos/3031photography/
Gear: Canon EOS 40D w/Grip + EOS 1N w/Grip; Tamron 28-70mm F2.8; Tamron 70-200 F2.8; Canon 430EXll
  View Public Profile Send a private message to PhotoDave1 Visit PhotoDave1's homepage! Find More Posts by PhotoDave1
Last edited by PhotoDave1; 06-13-2010 at 07:21 PM.. Reason: Adding comments

Old 06-14-2010, 04:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by draconis View Post
Nice group of shots. The silouhette one is also my preferred. The bra showins trough the garnments is very distracting. It would be better with another underwear-t-shirt combinated (or no bra at all if the model wanna try!).

It is a gorgeous model. You could improve vastly and easily from this good start.

Draconis

Thanks, Draconis! I took more silouhette shots, but felt they were more "artistic" than they were glamourous. I was so nervous I didn't even think about her white pushup bra until after the shoot was over. Live & learn I suppose. Thanks for the constructive critique!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoDave1 View Post
As has been stated previously in the first three images you either need to use a reflector or fill-flash to open up the shadows.

As others have commented, I also like the sillouhette. That is a good image.

One of the photos (close-up headshot) it looks like you scanned it into your computer because there is noticeable dust under the models eye.

Also, for the image of her in the meadow I would have had her remove the foot-flops and had her place her left hand so it cradles her face instead of simply touching it.

You didn't indicate if you are using film or digital but in either case I strongly recommend that you buy and use a good light meter and set your camera on Manual. There are too many instances where an in-camera meter can be fooled.

There are some good tutorials on this site and elsewhere on the internet that cover exposure and posing and I suggest you look at them. Also, look at the images that are posted here by other members and see what was done right and try to copy it.

Good luck and keep trying.

Dust? I have no idea as to what you are referring. Is there extra makeup under one of her eyes? In what shot did you find the offending dust?

For all of my shots I used the rule of thirds & the 3x3 grid on my (digital) camera. I thought my compostion was pretty good. (considering this was my first real photoshoot) I only had access to my camera's built in fill-flash and no reflectors. But I shall take everyone's comments into consideration!

Old 06-15-2010, 01:01 PM   #7 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 55764
My Mood:

BenE is offline IP: 216.167.157.133

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallabeth View Post

Dust? I have no idea as to what you are referring. Is there extra makeup under one of her eyes? In what shot did you find the offending dust?
Probably is #5. Looks like something in and around the corner of her eye, but it doesn't really look like dust from a scanner to me. Not sure what it is.
Funky looking pixels maybe.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to BenE Visit BenE's homepage! Find More Posts by BenE

Old 06-15-2010, 04:04 PM   #8 (permalink)
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenE View Post
Probably is #5. Looks like something in and around the corner of her eye, but it doesn't really look like dust from a scanner to me. Not sure what it is.
Funky looking pixels maybe.

Oh, in #5? Guys...that's glitter.

Old 06-15-2010, 04:25 PM   #9 (permalink)
Free Member

Since everyone seems to like the silouhette, here are a few more that I took earlier that morning.

Old 06-16-2010, 07:29 PM   #10 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 63471
My Mood:

draconis is offline IP: 70.81.119.16

Very nice set! Great light and timing. The birds (I guess these are birds and no dust
) should have some edits. Those above the head on the last pic and at the left of the breast on the one before are quite distracting. Otherwise Great worK