Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Community Related Forumss > Photo Reviews & Critiques Only

Photo Reviews & Critiques Only Constructive & professional critiques only

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Latex Model - Critique
Old 05-25-2009, 04:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 54083
Comments: 0

OhioPhotography is offline IP: 69.135.193.44

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Your thoughts please. I am new & I am trying to improve. If you have nothing positive to say then please say that, but I would prefer to hear more specific thoughts good or bad.

View Public Profile Send a private message to OhioPhotography Visit OhioPhotography's homepage! Find More Posts by OhioPhotography

Re: Latex Model - Critique
Old 05-26-2009, 01:28 AM   #2 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 63053

ee16csvt is offline IP: 92.238.78.151

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

The lighting, location and costume look great, but I've always had this bombastic, arrogant, S& M thing about Latex/PVC.

The model seems vulnerable and unsure with her knees together and her arm raised as if in defence! Or am I reading to much into this image?

Just a thought

G
  View Public Profile Send a private message to ee16csvt Find More Posts by ee16csvt

Old 05-27-2009, 08:50 AM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35219

chunglee is offline IP: 67.86.111.115

the look is great, the model pose is a little awkward. i think with a strong look, the pose should be just as dramatic or pensive for contrast.

cl
  View Public Profile Send a private message to chunglee Visit chunglee's homepage! Find More Posts by chunglee

Old 05-27-2009, 09:34 AM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Amateur

Member GG#: 35246
Comments: 7

jford is online now IP: 144.80.192.130

What's your story? About the setting, or the model? Is she surrendering, or shocked, or fighting?

Lighting, exposure - really nice job.

My comments are worth what they're costing you.

Old 05-28-2009, 12:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 54083

OhioPhotography is offline IP: 69.135.193.44

Thanks for the comments and insights guys. I rather like the pose (doesn't mean it reads as any less awkward for you and I realize this.). What is the story here? Hmmm...perhaps this is where my disconnect with you (the viewing audience) is creating the snag. There is no story (at least there was not at the time of creation in my mind anyway), it is a photo of a model like countless others abounding around on the net. It is aesthetically pleasing to me, and that is about it. I typically fail to derive a sense of story from any glamour (or like genre) images I view when looking through magazines, net portfolios, etc. ...Do your images have a story? If so please link to them I sincerely would like to see and learn, it's why I am here.

Perhaps I like this photo more than I should based simply on the lighting. Illuminating an image is quite often the most enjoyable aspect for me and I found lighting the latex and the surrounding space engagingly enjoyable.

Thanks again for taking the time to comment, I hope to hear more!
  View Public Profile Send a private message to OhioPhotography Visit OhioPhotography's homepage! Find More Posts by OhioPhotography

Old 05-29-2009, 07:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 40355
Comments: 3

LeftCoast is offline IP: 99.25.117.237

I have to agree with the pose looking akward, she needs to get her chin outta her shoulder, it'll make her neck look longer.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to LeftCoast Find More Posts by LeftCoast

Old 05-31-2009, 11:29 AM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 52386

Arkie is offline IP: 68.89.94.32

There were a couple of things that cause tension in the photo that don't "add" anything to it. The fact that the glare from the flash is centered on her tummy causes problems. The glare is expected (even desired) with latex, but would be better if it was on the edge of her hip or something. The knees together isn't such a big deal, but we need to see the other shoe in more of a profile, I think. Of course the shoes are an important element in the photo (otherwise, why bother) and should be better displayed. Hand placement is not bad, but the pinky on her right hand sticking out kind of looks funny.
My opinion costs nothing... and is worth every penny. Rick from Arkansas "Arkie"
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Arkie Find More Posts by Arkie

Old 06-02-2009, 03:31 PM   #8 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 37651

rdavis is offline IP: 69.15.164.92

I recently read an article by a retoucher on the Fashion Photography Blog about how to do retouching, and the first step was to mark for removal all distractions. So I'm going to list the distraction in this images.

The hair across her chin.
The thing on the floor behind her.
The angle of her head.
The light switch beside her head.

I'm not saying you have to remove these, only that they are distractions.

I like the color and the lighting in this image. You know what you are doing. Keep it up.

Practical Pinup Online Workshop
  View Public Profile Send a private message to rdavis Visit rdavis's homepage! Find More Posts by rdavis

Old 06-02-2009, 06:29 PM   #9 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 55042
My Mood:

RobArtLyn is offline IP: 138.88.247.240

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdavis View Post
So I'm going to list the distraction in this images.

The hair across her chin.
The angle of her head.
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdavis View Post
The thing on the floor behind her.
The light switch beside her head.
No. They aren't distractions, they are part of the ambiance of the environment. It is supposed to be abandoned industrial, not sterile.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to RobArtLyn Find More Posts by RobArtLyn

Old 06-02-2009, 06:39 PM   #10 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 37651

rdavis is offline IP: 24.206.235.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobArtLyn View Post
No. They aren't distractions, they are part of the ambiance of the environment. It is supposed to be abandoned industrial, not sterile.
You are entitled to your opinion.

But, especially with the light switch, it draws the eye away from the model and center of the image. The ambiance would be no different without it.

I think it is the location of the thing behind her that doesn't work for me as much as the thing itself.

Practical Pinup Online Workshop
  View Public Profile Send a private message to rdavis Visit rdavis's homepage! Find More Posts by rdavis