Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Community Related Forumss > Photo Reviews & Critiques Only

Photo Reviews & Critiques Only Constructive & professional critiques only

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Blue Corset on Stairs
Old 12-17-2008, 05:32 AM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 58875
Comments: 7

Hdvannjr is offline IP: 72.185.7.101

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Greetings All! I have been a member of G1 for 1.5 years now. I have not posted anything in about three months so this will be my first post on Garage Glamour. I'm still very much the amatuer/beginner, and I am always trying to up it a notch. Having said that, your critique is paramount. I've been very impressed with much of the talent here, my skin is thick, so hope you will help me improve. Thanks!

View Public Profile Send a private message to Hdvannjr Visit Hdvannjr's homepage! Find More Posts by Hdvannjr

Re: Blue Corset on Stairs
Old 12-17-2008, 08:06 AM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 38048
Comments: 0
Send a message via AIM to RSStory Send a message via MSN to RSStory Send a message via Yahoo to RSStory

RSStory is offline IP: 24.11.169.246

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Overall I would say you did a nice job. The lighting looks very nice. In the first one I Dont care for the position of her left hand...looks like she is pointing at something. And in all of them her expression looks forced to me and it is exactly the same in all of them. In the second one I would watch cutting off the foot.

All small things really... Nice job.

Scott

Old 12-19-2008, 06:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Thanks Scott. Yes in retrospect you are correct. I need to focus on the fine details. Not always and easy thing to do (at least for me). Appreciate your response. Getting Miss Kelly to give me different faces has been an ongoing problem for us. Any advice on that anybody?

David
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Hdvannjr Visit Hdvannjr's homepage! Find More Posts by Hdvannjr

Old 12-21-2008, 07:32 AM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 38048
Send a message via AIM to RSStory Send a message via MSN to RSStory Send a message via Yahoo to RSStory

RSStory is offline IP: 98.209.80.112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hdvannjr View Post
Getting Miss Kelly to give me different faces has been an ongoing problem for us. Any advice on that anybody?

David
Well...there are two parts to this... First the model needs to practice showing different emotions with just her face. It is alot like acting. I tell beginning models to stand in front of the mirror and practice.

Second, as a photographer it is your job to pull those emotions from the model. You have to communicate well with the model, she needs to know what you want and you have to pay attention to what she is doing. Music is a great tool. I remember a shoot I did where we were trashing a wedding dress and in the final portion of the shoot I put on a song that the model told me makes her cry. I cleared everyone from the set so there were no distractions, started the song and I didnt say a word. Just let the model do her thing and she was crying for 3 minutes or so... We got some great shots. Unfortunately I dont have them posted online right now....

Scott

Old 12-21-2008, 10:21 AM   #5 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 36974
My Mood:

Photomart is offline IP: 76.186.39.178

Nice work. As you may know from my previous posts, I'm a big fan of stairs, and these are great looking stairs and a beautiful model. I'm not fond of the pose in #1, I like #2 and #3, but I totally missed the panties around the ankles in #3 until I took another look. If I could offer some advice, I would add some light to the area camera right to add some separation between the wrought iron spindles and the background, or put a light on the right side of the scene to give her more of a hairlight, and separate the spindle from the background. I might also suggest trying a few shots with her legs stretched out more to give her a longer look.

Can't wait to see more shots of these stairs in the future. Until then ... here's my contribution to the "Corset on the Stairs" theme.

View Public Profile Send a private message to Photomart Visit Photomart's homepage! Find More Posts by Photomart

Old 12-21-2008, 01:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Scott: Thanks for the advice. Will certainly work on that. Although she never posts, Kelly is a frequent voyeur on GG and will heed your advice as well. From your past posts I understand you to be a very disciplined photographer and pretty critical as well. Your advice again is profoundly appreciated.

Marty: Thank you for your post. I am very familiar with your work. Your contribution is absolutey gorgeous. Your photography sets the bar! Unfortunately I cannot shoot as much as I would like, but we are planning another shoot Jan 31st. I will also be shooting with an additional amatuer model (really just a friend of mine and Kelly's). Among other things, I will reshoot this backdrop with the modifications you have suggested. Stay tuned! Will try and up it a notch!

Thanks Guys,
David
Last edited by Hdvannjr; 12-22-2008 at 05:25 PM..