Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Community Related Forumss > Photo Reviews & Critiques Only

Photo Reviews & Critiques Only Constructive & professional critiques only

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Kelly
Old 04-04-2008, 04:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 41995
Comments: 0

photoefx is offline IP: 76.83.136.182

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

First pictures with new beauty dish in new studio with new model.

View Public Profile Send a private message to photoefx Find More Posts by photoefx

Re: Kelly
Old 04-04-2008, 09:55 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member GG#: 35406

Al_Nowak is offline IP: 24.11.214.199

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Such a tiny image...

If you show stuff, show it big enough to be appreciated.

Elvis has left the building...
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Al_Nowak Find More Posts by Al_Nowak

Old 04-04-2008, 10:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 41995

photoefx is offline IP: 76.83.136.182

It's been a while since I was able to post or take any photos and I'm kind of confused on the correct sizing and way to post images here. If there are directions somewhere, can you tell me where to find them?
  View Public Profile Send a private message to photoefx Find More Posts by photoefx

Old 04-05-2008, 02:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36882
Comments: 2
My Mood:

RonC is offline IP: 24.4.76.104

It opens bigger in another window if you click on it,....Al should know that by now.
Just another quirk of this site.
To me it looks like a little too much skin smoothing,.. but nice capture.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Nothing stays as good as it once was!
http://www.myspace.com/ronsphotos
  View Public Profile Send a private message to RonC Visit RonC's homepage! Find More Posts by RonC

Old 04-05-2008, 05:41 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonC View Post
It opens bigger in another window if you click on it,....Al should know that by now.
I have to be quite honest with you... first time I've heard about this!

The images usually show up large in the message window for me.

View Public Profile Send a private message to Al_Nowak Find More Posts by Al_Nowak

Old 04-05-2008, 05:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35872
Comments: 41

R_Fredrick_Smith is offline IP: 76.255.55.71

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavatown View Post
It's been a while since I was able to post or take any photos and I'm kind of confused on the correct sizing and way to post images here. If there are directions somewhere, can you tell me where to find them?

There is an extensive tutorial on how to post load images to your portfolio and to include them in the post. But since you were using ImageHost on G1 that wouldn't have helped. But what you did was to use the BB code with url option rather than the BB code IMG option With the latter you would have gotten:

which would have included the full size image. Here is a screen shot of the ImageHost photo you started with and annotated to show what happened.

Note to Lavatown: I know its tempting to go back now and edit your original post to put the big image in, but don't as that will then make many of the responses unintelligble.

Cheers,
rfs

"The map is not the Territory"
  View Public Profile Send a private message to R_Fredrick_Smith Visit R_Fredrick_Smith's homepage! Find More Posts by R_Fredrick_Smith

Old 04-05-2008, 05:51 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavatown View Post
RFS has posted tutorials on this a number of times. I don't know exactly where they are, but a search for 'posting images' should turn them up. I think the big issue is not making them over 600 pixels on a side for best results.

Usually the images are posted initially to your G1 portfolio. Then it's a relatively simple (?) process to insert them in a message post with the [images] button.

I don't post images to a portfolio here so I use a different process when I do post images.

Old 04-05-2008, 05:54 PM   #8 (permalink)
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonC View Post
To me it looks like a little too much skin smoothing,.. but nice capture.
Not a quirk, just the poster was not familiar with the ImageHost which few people use. See my post to him on this. It never happens when you post a photo from your portfolio because you choose it uses the Images link and that pastes in the proper BB code for the large image. However one can then edit the code pasted it to get the thumbnail image if wanted. See my tutorial on how to use the Portfolio system for more about this.

By the way, you're right on about the over skin smoothing.

Cheers,
rfs

View Public Profile Send a private message to R_Fredrick_Smith Visit R_Fredrick_Smith's homepage! Find More Posts by R_Fredrick_Smith

Old 04-05-2008, 05:57 PM   #9 (permalink)
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_Nowak View Post
RFS has posted tutorials on this a number of times. I don't know exactly where they are, but a search for 'posting images' should turn them up. I think the big issue is not making them over 600 pixels on a side for best results.

Usually the images are posted initially to your G1 portfolio. Then it's a relatively simple (?) process to insert them in a message post with the [images] button.

I don't post images to a portfolio here so I use a different process when I do post images.
The link is

http://www.glamour1.com/forums/artic...io-system.html

You can make them larger, but G1 will resize what I call the Large image to a 600 pixel on largest side. But that means if you know this, as I discuss in the article above, you can link to or even post the full size image.

Cheers,
rfs

Old 04-06-2008, 10:09 AM   #10 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36882
Comments: 2
My Mood:

RonC is offline IP: 24.4.76.104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_Nowak View Post
I have to be quite honest with you... first time I've heard about this!

The images usually show up large in the message window for me.
That was my weak attempt at a bit of humor Al,....I know there are a few different ways to view images here,...I just place my cursor over a small image and if it changes from an arrow to the little hand it's clickable.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Nothing stays as good as it once was!
http://www.myspace.com/ronsphotos
  View Public Profile Send a private message to RonC Visit RonC's homepage! Find More Posts by RonC