Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Community Related Forumss > Photo Reviews & Critiques Only

Photo Reviews & Critiques Only Constructive & professional critiques only

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Veronique
Old 10-21-2007, 08:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 36059
Comments: 0

LonCaslerBixby is offline IP: 207.200.116.137

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

A few shots from my photo shoot the other day with Veronique.

Comments appreciated

Makeup / Hair by Justefanie

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to LonCaslerBixby Visit LonCaslerBixby's homepage! Find More Posts by LonCaslerBixby

Re: Veronique
Old 10-21-2007, 09:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35872
Comments: 41

R_Fredrick_Smith is offline IP: 76.199.122.159

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

#2 and #3 and very nice, but #1 fails completely as it looks like a mistake rather than a shot through a veil. The others work nicely because you can clearly tell there is a veil involved.

Click for larger version

Cheers,
rfs

"The map is not the Territory"
  View Public Profile Send a private message to R_Fredrick_Smith Visit R_Fredrick_Smith's homepage! Find More Posts by R_Fredrick_Smith

Old 10-21-2007, 10:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 57569

TCProd is offline IP: 68.44.114.20

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Fredrick_Smith View Post
it looks like a mistake rather than a shot through a veil. The others work nicely because you can clearly tell there is a veil involved.
Kind of a shame because if you could tell the haze was from a veil, or if the veil were not there, #1 would be stunning. The makeup is great and her expression is perfect. Focus appears to be right on, too, and the relatively flat lighting works well there.

Number 2 had an interesting, almost Mona Lisa, smile and the veil works better in that than in the others. I like it.

Number 3 is a nice pose. What I can see of the lighting looks good, but shooting through the shawl distracts from an otherwise good shot.

I hope that's not too harsh -- it's not intended to be. I do hope you got some shots of her "unfiltered" though.

All the best,

Tom Conroy Productions
New Jersey - Greater Philadelphia
  View Public Profile Send a private message to TCProd Visit TCProd's homepage! Find More Posts by TCProd

Old 10-21-2007, 11:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Free Member

LonCaslerBixby is offline IP: 207.200.116.70

not too harsh at all - I like good critiques

Actually #1 is not shot through a veil... I was just trying for a very soft low contrast "hidden" look... guess that it is not a winner... but hey - gotta try new things...

here is the original and a couple others from the shoot

Of course comments are appreciated

View Public Profile Send a private message to LonCaslerBixby Visit LonCaslerBixby's homepage! Find More Posts by LonCaslerBixby

Old 10-22-2007, 06:31 AM   #5 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 43289
Send a message via MSN to ProShotPhoto

ProShotPhoto is offline IP: 24.82.186.182

ha ha

now that you reposted the first shot - i can post here without thinking i was going to bash you too hard.

The first attempt with the first shot was a no no. I thought it was terrible - if i may say so now I do not much care for the third either but the second is beautiful. I have nothing comparable so i hope you will excuse me for not posting any photos.

aMuseBook.com
  View Public Profile Send a private message to ProShotPhoto Visit ProShotPhoto's homepage! Find More Posts by ProShotPhoto

Old 10-22-2007, 07:31 AM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Amateur

Member GG#: 35246
Comments: 7

jford is offline IP: 144.80.193.138

Not trying to jump on the bandwagon, but I agree that the low-contrast in your first posting of the first image is too flat, too uniform, to be effective - it looks like an error. The version in your second post has much more impact, albeit a more traditional/conventional visualization of a beautiful woman. (And, quite a beauty. Who is the model?)

I rather like the second one in the first series - the varied layers of veil and her piercing gaze speak to me. More than a bridal image, a statement perhaps on the mystery of the female (or on the objectification of women?). The third is too overwhelmed by the lacy texture of the foreground to be as effective as the second.

The second postings are all beautiful. I like the third best, but lately have found myself quite attracted to "pieces," so that's probably just the pervert oozing out.
Beautiful stuff. Thanks for sharing.

Old 10-22-2007, 07:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
Free Member

heyhey and thanks for all the comments...

no problems with worrying about bashing - bashing sucks - but good honest critiques, suggestions & opinions are kewl... and I do appreciate them.

jford - yup, I've been having a lot of fun with "pieces" lately... glad that u like it...

BTW... the model is Veronique - a new model that I have just recently started working with - We've only done one shoot so far, but I certainly plan on shooting her again... She was great to work with...

here's a couple more pix of her...

having fun on the set and a headshot

Old 10-23-2007, 05:19 AM   #8 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 45232

Driftwood is offline IP: 88.105.71.163

Well I must have fallen off the bandwagon.
I like the first image .......... almost.

I would like to see some local reduction in the softness just for the eyes. That is, i would like the eyes to be just a bit sharper/brighter because I find them a little disturbing as they are.
Then I could easily see the image used a a background for a brightly lit product shot in the lower left corner. Maybe a scent bottle, or cosmetics of some sort, or all sorts of things I guess.
I think it would work very nicely.

Old 10-23-2007, 11:20 AM   #9 (permalink)
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driftwood View Post
Then I could easily see the image used a a background for a brightly lit product shot in the lower left corner. Maybe a scent bottle, or cosmetics of some sort, or all sorts of things I guess.
I think it would work very nicely.
Thanks for falling off the bandwagon and thanks for your comments and suggestions on the eyes... I can see that (no pun intended)

Some type of advertising or product shot is exctly the type of idea I had when I was playing around with the image... Oh well, I guess it works for some and not for others

Thanks again

Old 10-23-2007, 12:14 PM   #10 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 57569

TCProd is offline IP: 68.44.114.20

Lon, if you can tolerate some additional comments from me ...

After seeing the original of the first image, I can see how it could be made a really nice one. I'm one of those strange folks who likes cool lighting and the color temp that you used originally works for me. It's just the diffusion that I didn't like. If you add that cooler lighting to the original image, without the diffusion, I think you have a winner.

In the image with the high neck lace and the model cropped off -- well it violates a lot of the rules we've been taught and you know what? I love it. You've shown us just enough of that gorgeous face that we want to see more. And it's always better to leave the customer wanting more. Great job.

Tom Conroy Productions
New Jersey - Greater Philadelphia
  View Public Profile Send a private message to TCProd Visit TCProd's homepage! Find More Posts by TCProd