Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Community Related Forumss > Photo Reviews & Critiques Only

Photo Reviews & Critiques Only Constructive & professional critiques only

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Which one do you like?
Old 06-23-2007, 08:32 AM   #1 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 58142
Comments: 0

Connor O'Connor is offline IP: 24.154.171.222

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

I like both, but I 'd love to here from you.

Many thanks
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Connor O'Connor Find More Posts by Connor O'Connor

Re: Which one do you like?
Old 06-23-2007, 09:28 AM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 37608

Mark_Oehler is offline IP: 12.226.25.40

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

I only see one.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Mark_Oehler Visit Mark_Oehler's homepage! Find More Posts by Mark_Oehler

Old 06-23-2007, 09:31 AM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 45946
Send a message via AIM to knightsga Send a message via Yahoo to knightsga

knightsga is offline IP: 68.220.115.153

I only see one also. Why does she seem 2-tone with flesh color while legs have an ashen look?
  View Public Profile Send a private message to knightsga Find More Posts by knightsga

Old 06-23-2007, 11:14 AM   #4 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35872
Comments: 41

R_Fredrick_Smith is offline IP: 76.199.115.18

As you can see from the comments most people don't see the 2nd photo. This seems to be a problem when you link to off site photos on certain domains. It is really much better to upload your photos to your G1 portfolio and then add them to your post using the Images link.
For those who want to see the other photo, right click on its place holder, and select Show photo. That will work in some cases. Otherwise, you have to right click, do properties, copy the url, open another browser or tab and paste the URL in and press enter and then come back and refresh the G1 page and it will show up. All of this is a pain in the neck, of course and means that many people will just leave the thread without commenting. So naturally its better to put the photos up on G1.
Cheers,
rfs

"The map is not the Territory"
  View Public Profile Send a private message to R_Fredrick_Smith Visit R_Fredrick_Smith's homepage! Find More Posts by R_Fredrick_Smith

Old 06-23-2007, 02:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 55352
Comments: 14

Stecyk is offline IP: 68.146.57.71

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Fredrick_Smith View Post
As you can see from the comments most people don't see the 2nd photo.
Using Firefox (2.0.0.4), I see both images fine. Yesterday, same result.

As far as the photos go, both seem to suffer from skin changing significantly from the legs to the face, from a purplish to reddish orange color. And there is no separation of her hair from the background.

Best regards,
Kevin

View Public Profile Send a private message to Stecyk Visit Stecyk's homepage! Find More Posts by Stecyk

Old 06-24-2007, 08:07 AM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 37608

Mark_Oehler is offline IP: 12.226.25.40

Hmmmm.. I have the same version, but still only see one of the images.

Mark
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Mark_Oehler Visit Mark_Oehler's homepage! Find More Posts by Mark_Oehler

Old 06-24-2007, 08:50 AM   #7 (permalink)
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Oehler View Post
Hmmmm.. I have the same version, but still only see one of the images.

Mark
It doesn't appear to have anything to do with browsers. I personally think it is a caching problem. But the cache problem could be at any of a number of locations. G1 may be keeping a cache, for example. Certainly many ISPs also keep caches. There is a cache on your own computer. At any point if the cache has not been properly updated, it is possible for an image to fail to show for some reason. The method that I described in my previous post will usually allow the image to be seen (assuming that an image really exists at the URL in question). Normally I see this happen most often when the photos are hosted off of the G1 site and in particular when they are hosted on free servers of membership servers (pbase type services). But try the trick I suggested in this thread and see if you do not then see the photo. For example, I could not see the 2nd photo today. So I tried the right click and Show photo. Didn't work. I then did the right click, properties, copied the URL, pasted it into the address bar of a second tab on my browser (IE7), saw that the image did show up there, then came back and did a refresh of G1. It did not show. I then did the right click, show picture and it did show up then. That then really makes me think its a cache issue and the above sequence forced a refresh of one of the caches in question.
Cheers,
rfs

View Public Profile Send a private message to R_Fredrick_Smith Visit R_Fredrick_Smith's homepage! Find More Posts by R_Fredrick_Smith

Old 06-24-2007, 08:51 AM   #8 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 42991
My Mood:

DocSmith is offline IP: 74.163.2.246

I see both - and like the second one better. Looks like some daylight creeping in on her legs in an otherwise tungsten-lit scene. I'd like to see more technical information about the shot - I like it- What was then lighting setup and what version of PS are you using?

Doc

PS Using IE 7.0

Click for larger version
Gulf Breeze, Florida 32562
(850) 712-0639
www.michaelsmithphotography.biz

Studio One Pensacola
103 W. Intendencia Street
Pensacola, FL 32502
(850) 712-0639
www.studioonepensacola.com
  View Public Profile Send a private message to DocSmith Visit DocSmith's homepage! Find More Posts by DocSmith
Last edited by DocSmith; 06-24-2007 at 09:26 AM..

Old 06-24-2007, 08:56 AM   #9 (permalink)
Free Member

Now that I see the 2nd one, I like it better also. But both have problems. The ashen look of the lower legs suggests mixed lighting. The upper torso and face has a much nicer tone. Both suffer from cropping off the hand. There are exposure problems and not enough background separation (hair in particular).

And here is the required photo that anyone offering a critique is required by rule 10 to post (just a reminder to everyone):

Click for larger version

Cheers,
rfs

Old 07-03-2007, 08:09 AM   #10 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 43289
Send a message via MSN to ProShotPhoto

ProShotPhoto is offline IP: 24.82.176.240

i am not going to discuss the technical details - the difference between the two is the models pose and expression.

the first photo her expression is very unattractive to me - is there a foul stench in the barn The second expression has a more powerful and seductive expression .

The first photo her hand is poitioned to interferwith herbody line and the second herhand is not covering or interfering with the vital focal point of the photo for me which is he booty..

Here is another hands free shot

aMuseBook.com
  View Public Profile Send a private message to ProShotPhoto Visit ProShotPhoto's homepage! Find More Posts by ProShotPhoto