Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Community Related Forumss > Photo Reviews & Critiques Only

Photo Reviews & Critiques Only Constructive & professional critiques only

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Chris -- DJ (not glam)
Old 06-09-2007, 12:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
Bawdy Little Monkey

Member GG#: 41173
Comments: 1
Send a message via AIM to SamBeasley Send a message via Yahoo to SamBeasley

SamBeasley is offline IP: 65.8.197.11

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Hey guys,

Just wanted to get some opinions on this one. It's a shot of a friend from school, a DJ:

Do the cars in the back bother you? I think they bother me, and I was thinking of trying to take 'em out, but I wanted to see what y'all thought about it, too. And for that matter, anything else good or bad... you know the drill.

Thanks!

Sam
http://sambeasley.tumblr.com
http://www.lalluredesmots.com
  View Public Profile Send a private message to SamBeasley Visit SamBeasley's homepage! Find More Posts by SamBeasley

Re: Chris -- DJ (not glam)
Old 06-09-2007, 12:29 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member GG#: 35840
Comments: 0
My Mood:

SteveB is offline IP: 74.36.20.217

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sorry Sam, not working at all for me. The cars don't bother me as much as the poles and wires in the background and the shadow from his arm across his chest and face. Also a little more seperation between him and the turntable would help.

Try again, the concept is good!

Old 06-09-2007, 12:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
Bawdy Little Monkey

I guess I should've put him somewhere besides the middle of the street then, huh? I guess when I was trying to keep an eye out for the cars I didn't keep an eye out for anything else! A reshoot would be cool, but unfortunately it's do or die time now at the school, and I gotta turn in what I got.

Oh well, at least it'll give me something to keep an eye out for later. Thanks for the comments Steve!
  View Public Profile Send a private message to SamBeasley Visit SamBeasley's homepage! Find More Posts by SamBeasley

Old 06-09-2007, 12:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
Resident Evil

Member GG#: 35479

christian is offline IP: 207.244.163.81

Oh Jesus.... Mary!

I'm gonna go ahead and give you kudos for this image. Not because it's good, but somehow you managed to focus the camera while your head was still in your ass.

Let me ask you... does it appear that the person in the image is a DJ? Or does it more look like someone under a bridge attempting to sell pedestrians a broken record player? But wait, before you buy... you also get Leo Sayer's Greatest Hits album.

You left your brain at home on this one. Further, friends don't let friends wear hats that look like that. Try again using your "A" game face. Oh, and stop by so I can lend you some q-tips to get all that poop out of your ears.

Old 06-09-2007, 01:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
Bawdy Little Monkey

Crap!!! I guess I was way off on this one.

This tends to happen -- the further along the quarter gets, the worse the work gets. **sigh** I didn't have time to even think about what I was gonna do with him before we met up. I didn't even know where we were gonna shoot -- we just drove around and stopped somewhere.

I know, excuses, excuses... I'll be over later for my q-tips.

Old 06-09-2007, 01:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 56509
Send a message via Yahoo to DDCStudios

DDCStudios is offline IP: 68.102.99.102

Quote:
Crap!!! I guess I was way off on this one.
what? Christian being subtle again??
  View Public Profile Send a private message to DDCStudios Visit DDCStudios's homepage! Find More Posts by DDCStudios

Old 06-09-2007, 05:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 57204
Comments: 2

Absolutely Digital is offline IP: 202.33.109.12

Oh my Lord Christian, I almost fell out of my freaking chair laughing at your comments. Absolutely hillarious. That was the funniest thing yet. Oh and by the way very true. I second the comment.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Absolutely Digital Find More Posts by Absolutely Digital

Old 06-09-2007, 07:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 56509
Send a message via Yahoo to DDCStudios

DDCStudios is offline IP: 68.102.99.102

Quote:
I'm gonna go ahead and give you kudos for this image. Not because it's good, but somehow you managed to focus the camera while your head was still in your ass.
Okay thats the funny damn thing I ever heard, not because it was directed to Sam nor am I laffing at Sam because it was said. Sam knows Im jealous of what he is doing and has accomplished Kudos to Sam all the way...

But Damn I wanna steal that quote for a sig!!! why? Been there done that! right guys? wait, I still do!!
  View Public Profile Send a private message to DDCStudios Visit DDCStudios's homepage! Find More Posts by DDCStudios

Old 06-09-2007, 08:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
Bawdy Little Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDCStudios View Post
Okay thats the funny damn thing I ever heard, not because it was directed to Sam nor am I laffing at Sam because it was said. Sam knows Im jealous of what he is doing and has accomplished Kudos to Sam all the way...

But Damn I wanna steal that quote for a sig!!! why? Been there done that! right guys? wait, I still do!!
LMAO! No offense taken. As a matter of fact, that *would* make a nice sig.

Old 06-10-2007, 03:52 PM   #10 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 56799

pelayo is offline IP: 81.34.86.142

I think that the light is very important in a shot (as every photographer thinks). I'll prefer this shot using a reflector (you can use a homemade one) to correctly iluminate the model and avoiding the ugly light in the sky. Regards.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to pelayo Find More Posts by pelayo