Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Community Related Forumss > Photo Reviews & Critiques Only

Photo Reviews & Critiques Only Constructive & professional critiques only

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Crappy photo
Old 06-02-2007, 01:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
Bawdy Little Monkey

Member GG#: 41173
Comments: 1
Send a message via AIM to SamBeasley Send a message via Yahoo to SamBeasley

SamBeasley is offline IP: 74.225.153.64

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Hey y'all, haven't posted in a little bit, so thought I'd throw this out there:

And yeah I know, the toilet thing's been done, but not by me, and not by her, so it was new territory for us.

As always, good or bad, lemme know!
http://sambeasley.tumblr.com
http://www.lalluredesmots.com
  View Public Profile Send a private message to SamBeasley Visit SamBeasley's homepage! Find More Posts by SamBeasley
Last edited by SamBeasley; 06-02-2007 at 10:28 PM..

Re: Crappy photo
Old 06-03-2007, 11:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Amateur

Member GG#: 35246
Comments: 7

jford is offline IP: 71.60.65.171

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Well, I smiled, so I have to conclude I liked it.

You might want to take a bit off the top to get rid of the slightly different texture of the painted wall above the tile. And maybe even off the viewer's right to elimate the odd metal faucett handles(?), say just to the right of the dispenser - I find these elements a bit distracting and unnecessary to the "story."

I don't see catchlights in her eyes. I haven't tried blowing up the image. How did you light it? What gives with the eyes?

Thanks for sharing.

Old 06-04-2007, 12:52 AM   #3 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 52576
Comments: 0
My Mood:

TheGoldy is offline IP: 66.133.224.86

Two things.... First of all, I zoomed the image and instead of catchlights, she's got redeye. And this may just be me, but it would seem to be more realistic if she hadn't (apparently) decided to keep her panties on for the pic.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to TheGoldy Find More Posts by TheGoldy

Old 06-04-2007, 12:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 39216
Comments: 2
Send a message via MSN to isaiahbrink Send a message via Yahoo to isaiahbrink

isaiahbrink is offline IP: 68.127.93.253

Ok Sam, gotta ask about the expression on her face, was it from the magazine, a deposit, or the fact that you were taking her pic? All kidding aside, not too bad, I'm not much for toilet images, but that's just me, but this one does work.

Isaiah

Old 06-06-2007, 09:21 AM   #5 (permalink)
Bawdy Little Monkey

SamBeasley is offline IP: 74.225.49.171

Hey guys,

Sorry it took so long to reply... End of the quarter at school, and it gets a little crazy around here.

Hey John, thanks for the cropping suggestions, I'll give 'em a try! For this one I'll be adding text later, so the idea was to leave a little more space for that, but I'll play around with it and see how it ends up. Oh, and as for your signature of Glenn's quote ("do you like it and think this is the best you can do with the subject and location and model and equipment?") -- no, I don't. At the time I did, but after looking at it after I got home I think I could do better. I had wanted to reshoot, but for scheduling, timing, etc. reasons, haven't been able to meet up with the model for a reshoot yet...

As for the catchlights... TheGoldy, you're right, it's redeye. It was much more noticeable originally, and I knocked it down some, but still not enough. It was lit with a ringflash.

LOL, yep, she's got her panties on. At the time I didn't even think about having her bring another pair to put with the pants. Details, details...

Hey thanks Isaiah. LOL, when you said "deposit", my first thought was a deposit in the bank, and I was like, "What does THAT have to do with THIS???" lol. Hey, it's the morning, my brain isn't awake yet. And yeah, toilet pics aren't something I'd wanna do everyday, but it was fun to try.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to SamBeasley Visit SamBeasley's homepage! Find More Posts by SamBeasley

Old 06-09-2007, 08:12 AM   #6 (permalink)
Resident Evil

Member GG#: 35479
Comments: 0

christian is offline IP: 207.244.163.81

Bahhhh ha ha ha ha ha ha...

I love this image, and I can see it published somewhere. It's got character and plot. It looks spontanious.

Avoid the " good photo rulebook " people... if they had their way, all images would look like grade school yearbook pics.

Old 06-09-2007, 11:21 AM   #7 (permalink)
Bawdy Little Monkey

SamBeasley is offline IP: 65.8.197.11

LOL, thanks dude, I'm glad you like it. I gotta say, it was fun shooting this one. It was definitely a step outta my norm, and it was fun to do.

And man we are soooooo playin' some video games soon. Golf is cool, but we also need something that involves guns and/or explosions. Next week is my last week! Woo-hoo!!

Old 06-09-2007, 06:45 PM   #8 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 42194
Comments: 5
Send a message via AIM to Titan Send a message via Yahoo to Titan

Titan is offline IP: 71.205.160.125

Good to see you posting again. School must be out for the summer ?

Old 06-09-2007, 08:39 PM   #9 (permalink)
Bawdy Little Monkey

SamBeasley is offline IP: 65.8.197.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan View Post
Good to see you posting again. School must be out for the summer ?
Actually nope, not yet. I should be shooting some stuff right now as I type this, I'm just putting off homework. Next week is my last week. I'm only out three weeks though, then it's back to school for me. My school goes by the quarter system... all year round.