Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Community Related Forumss > Photo Reviews & Critiques Only

Photo Reviews & Critiques Only Constructive & professional critiques only

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Photo montage
Old 04-11-2007, 06:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36789
Comments: 1
My Mood:
Send a message via Yahoo to ARTFORMS

ARTFORMS is offline IP: 24.181.61.137

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Created this in Photoshop 7 today from two photos and added some graphics to it.

Jim
  View Public Profile Send a private message to ARTFORMS Visit ARTFORMS's homepage! Find More Posts by ARTFORMS

Re: Photo montage
Old 04-11-2007, 08:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35872
Comments: 41

R_Fredrick_Smith is offline IP: 76.186.138.153

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

There is sort of a white halo around the background image that probably should not be there. I guess you chose to put a blue halo around the foreground image, but I don't think it works very well. It would be better without the halo. I think it would work better with the background image further left, and not have the foreground image overlapping it.

http://www.glamour1.com/photoplog/index.php?n=572

Cheers,
rfs

"The map is not the Territory"
  View Public Profile Send a private message to R_Fredrick_Smith Visit R_Fredrick_Smith's homepage! Find More Posts by R_Fredrick_Smith

Old 04-12-2007, 04:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Fredrick_Smith View Post
There is sort of a white halo around the background image that probably should not be there. I guess you chose to put a blue halo around the foreground image, but I don't think it works very well. It would be better without the halo. I think it would work better with the background image further left, and not have the foreground image overlapping it.

Cheers,
rfs
A majority of photo and art montages/collages do not have the postage stamp appearance of pasting each image beside each other but rather to tie them all together to create one image. I understand your image of 4 of the same woman being put beside each other but this does not have the montage appearance. Even a mojority of your other montages have overlapping on them that you have posted in the past, so I am curious as to why putting two very different photos and graphics side by side would make good graphic design sense. The original intention on this design was to use it as a desktop/wallpaper image or a possible website page, which is the reason for having a little added space to the left side.
This is about what happens with the images and graphics placed beside each
other. Logo left off of this one.

Here is a version with the same photo and graphics placements as the first one posted but without the intentional glow around the images.

Jim
  View Public Profile Send a private message to ARTFORMS Visit ARTFORMS's homepage! Find More Posts by ARTFORMS

Old 04-12-2007, 04:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 52576
Comments: 0
My Mood:

TheGoldy is offline IP: 198.188.145.106

That last one without the glow is much better, in my opinion. And I like it with the overlap better than without, too. The only thing I'm not crazy about is her expression in the background picture. It just seems a little off somehow. I can't put my finger on it.

Mark
  View Public Profile Send a private message to TheGoldy Find More Posts by TheGoldy

Old 04-12-2007, 04:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
Free Member

I like both of the latter versions. The glow just didn't work in my view. But without the glow either location of the foreground image seems to work well. By the way, I posted an image per the rules for making critiques. It wasn't chosen as a comparable example of a montage.
Cheers,
rfs

View Public Profile Send a private message to R_Fredrick_Smith Visit R_Fredrick_Smith's homepage! Find More Posts by R_Fredrick_Smith

Old 04-12-2007, 05:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

My Mood:

Quote:
I like both of the latter versions. The glow just didn't work in my view. But without the glow either location of the foreground image seems to work well. By the way, I posted an image per the rules for making critiques. It wasn't chosen as a comparable example of a montage.
Cheers,
rfs
After seeing the version without the glow on it, I tend to like it better also. Was simply trying something different.
Not a comparable example. Ok Fred, thanks for your critique and point of view on this.

Old 04-12-2007, 05:14 PM   #7 (permalink)
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARTFORMS View Post
After seeing the version without the glow on it, I tend to like it better also. Was simply trying something different.
Not a comparable example. Ok Fred, thanks for your critique and point of view on this.
What I meant, by not a comparable example, is that they are quite different in the method of creation. You had to do a knockout for yours, whereas, I just blended 4 images together without any selections being made. I probably should have posted an actual knockout example like this one:

Click for larger version

Cheers,
rfs

Old 04-12-2007, 05:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

My Mood:

Quote:
What I meant, by not a comparable example, is that they are quite different in the method of creation. You had to do a knockout for yours, whereas, I just blended 4 images together without any selections being made. I probably should have posted an actual knockout example like this one:
Cheers,
rfs
Yes I understood your concept of the 4 blended images put onto one picture as not being the same idea. Not too far off from being like Rick Hughes photo set except his are not blended.
When I saw your image of the woman in the cave setting, it reminded me of her possibly being Betty Rubble from the Flintstones. Cute.