Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Community Related Forumss > Photo Reviews & Critiques Only

Photo Reviews & Critiques Only Constructive & professional critiques only

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Gennivivie
Old 03-07-2007, 10:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Member GG#: 3
Comments: 1

Michael H Dean is offline IP: 71.224.136.147

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

A new model starting out. Looking for reviews on lighting, pose and post ps work.
One strip light 14" X 54" camera left and reflector camera right

Not sure if I went a little too far or not.
Thanks
Mike

Click for larger version
Gennivivie 
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Michael H Dean Find More Posts by Michael H Dean

Re: Gennivivie
Old 03-07-2007, 10:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35872
Comments: 41

R_Fredrick_Smith is offline IP: 76.186.138.153

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

It's an interesting shot that as a sort of "period" or "nostalgic" look and feel. Somehow it has more of a painterly feel than a photographic feel. I see a number of problems with little details. The pose seem a bit contrived. Usually I wouldn't want the hand to be cropped off and so would have brought it back into the scene. The back arm interacts with the rolled cloth in such a way that at first glance I thought it was the rest of the arm. There seems to be some item under the white gauze at the bottom that probably would be better removed. The position of the neck puts a little bit of a crease there that could probably be corrected by a slight pose change. I wonder if a little more contrast would help out for the overall effect. Lastly, I'm not sure about the strand of hair down over the eye.

Click for larger version

Cheers,
rfs

"The map is not the Territory"
  View Public Profile Send a private message to R_Fredrick_Smith Visit R_Fredrick_Smith's homepage! Find More Posts by R_Fredrick_Smith

Old 03-08-2007, 08:03 AM   #3 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 55362
Comments: 0

nakins is offline IP: 70.232.108.180

I agree with Mr. Smith with what he said. I really like how the light strikes her though, It does have an "old Masters" feel to it that I think should be explored further. I don't know how much space you have behind her, but I think something of green or sometrhing needs to be back there to seperate her from it, to give it depth. I like overall pose, but maybe adjusting it a little and either moving in tighter or goiing wider. I love the look on her face.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to nakins Find More Posts by nakins

Old 03-09-2007, 12:40 AM   #4 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Michael H Dean is offline IP: 24.234.193.104

Thanks for taking the time to point various short comings. The hand I noticed after the fact of course. Background didn't think about but agree. The one thing under the white gauze is the tassel of the pillow and yes it could of been hidden. again thanks for the comment. I was going for that old world painting effect but still need to pay more attention to little details.

Mike
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Michael H Dean Find More Posts by Michael H Dean

Old 03-09-2007, 09:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 50284

TeddyRay is offline IP: 12.175.230.58

I happen to like this alot. The one thing that I do think is out of place is the white material that she appears to be sitting on, it is a distraction from the rest of the shot IMO. Mainly I think because the color of the material is so bright and doesn't nessasarily match or blend well with the rest of the scene.
I think perhaps the pearls could have been better placed as well. Otherwise I really like it alot. Great shot!
  View Public Profile Send a private message to TeddyRay Visit TeddyRay's homepage! Find More Posts by TeddyRay

Old 03-09-2007, 10:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 54108
Send a message via AIM to DavidsStudio

DavidsStudio is offline IP: 66.25.130.63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael H Dean View Post
A new model starting out. Looking for reviews on lighting, pose and post ps work.
One strip light 14" X 54" camera left and reflector camera right

Not sure if I went a little too far or not.
Thanks
Mike

Click for larger version
Very attractive model. Wish I were closer to you. I'd love to work with her.

Keep up the good work.

David
  View Public Profile Send a private message to DavidsStudio Visit DavidsStudio's homepage! Find More Posts by DavidsStudio

Old 03-14-2007, 03:29 PM   #7 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 55846
Comments: 5

mas59 is offline IP: 138.88.219.113

I like the expression, and the strand of hair coming down over her eye. If you lose the gauze, then the tassel under it is readily identifiable as such.
It's easy to either reposition the right hand or loosen the crop to deal with that problem, but I don't know what you do with the left arm in this pose.
It's solid overall, requiring just a tweak here and there, which, of course, presents you another opportunity to work with this model!
  View Public Profile Send a private message to mas59 Find More Posts by mas59

Old 03-14-2007, 04:11 PM   #8 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Michael H Dean is offline IP: 71.224.136.147

Here's a re-take I did yesterday. One area I noticed today was the foot placement. Wish I would of had her lift heal slightly.

Click for larger version

Old 03-24-2007, 11:03 PM   #9 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 57919

kgphoto is offline IP: 69.235.132.186

Michael,

Dude. I love the first shot. Yes, it needs some fixes, but you have a really good start. Add a little glow to the background for separation, I would like to see a tapestry hanging there, underlit, but allowing for separation.

(Added later): I see the background in the second shot, but only after looking at it again, so just a little bit stronger.

Lose the white guaze totally!!! Repalce it with another rich fabric and hide her fanny a little more. Just a little peak of the crack is what I want here.

I also like the shoulder and body position of the first image better.

I think the first image should have been done horizontally and cropped more the the second one. However, the lighting has changed on the second one. I think you must have had to pull it back to keep it out of the shot. Therefore, you need to enlarge it so it has the same feeling as the first shot. Look at the two images and I think you will see what I mean. The first image the light "wraps" more.

Do it again!
  View Public Profile Send a private message to kgphoto Find More Posts by kgphoto