Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Community Related Forumss > Photo Reviews & Critiques Only

Photo Reviews & Critiques Only Constructive & professional critiques only

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
some images of a very beautiful women PartII
Old 11-18-2006, 01:31 AM   #1 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 43289
Comments: 0
Send a message via MSN to ProShotPhoto

ProShotPhoto is offline IP: 24.82.172.109

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

this is part two of an earlier post. This is Ivana

I realized i posted only heasdhots and thought that was really unfair to her so here is MORE of her.

aMuseBook.com
  View Public Profile Send a private message to ProShotPhoto Visit ProShotPhoto's homepage! Find More Posts by ProShotPhoto

Re: some images of a very beautiful women PartII
Old 11-18-2006, 02:39 AM   #2 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 54172
Comments: 5
My Mood:

cifcap is offline IP: 210.124.155.180

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Gus,

My oh my is she a looker. #2 would put any guy in the mood.

Keep up the nice work,
JW
  View Public Profile Send a private message to cifcap Visit cifcap's homepage! Find More Posts by cifcap

Old 11-25-2006, 12:49 AM   #3 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 43289
Send a message via MSN to ProShotPhoto

ProShotPhoto is offline IP: 24.82.172.109

Quote:
Originally Posted by cifcap View Post
Gus,

My oh my is she a looker. #2 would put any guy in the mood.

Keep up the nice work,
JW
Thanks for the comments

I would have loved some critique. When i post these I usually have just spent the night with tired eyes editing images from the shoot. They look fine at the time and immediately afterwards then i look again and see some issues. I do relly on these threads to keep myeye as sharp as possible.

For example - looking at image #1 see no arms at all - I love the shot and the model is awesome but there are not arms -- ha ha .

So if there is anyone who wishes to extend themsleves and provide a critical comment it will be welcomed.

aMuseBook.com
  View Public Profile Send a private message to ProShotPhoto Visit ProShotPhoto's homepage! Find More Posts by ProShotPhoto

Old 11-25-2006, 04:11 AM   #4 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 38676

David_L_Brown is offline IP: 68.224.88.222

Okay, you asked for it....I'm coming out of Lurkerville for you.

#1. Your lighting is not even. Judging from the size of the shadow from her nose you had the light too far to the side. This is causing it to fall off too fast on the far side of her. Next time bring the light further forward (towards the camera) so you diminish the distance relationship from side to side. If this is not practical (or does not fit into your desired lighting pattern) then use more fill. As far as this "after-the-fact" shot goes you can easily fix it in PS. Just create a duplicate layer and lighten it up until the left side is suitably bright and then apply a gradient mask that is white on the left changing to black on the right.

#2. She has the flat backside of her hands facing the camera. This is the least attractive angle for hands. A simple fix would have been to instruct her to hook her thumbs under the straps of the lingerie and turn her hands sideways. This would have played nicely with the come hither look she is projecting. Also she is too far sunk down into the cushions (ditto #1). If you don't have any way of firming up whatever it is that she is lying on then ask her to rise up on her knees. This will also prevent her legs from looking thick because of the way they get compressed when a person is in the position she is in.

#3. The way she is tugging on her pants is giving the impression of a very long torso. Maybe try just one hand instead of both. This would also produce a diagonal line to offset all the straight-on angles of the rest of the pose. Perhaps also try having her put all her weight on one leg only to tilt her hips. This will maximize those curves that we guys all love. Actually, looking closer, it appears that she is doing this a little bit but more would be better. Generally speaking, most models don't look their best when straight into the camera this way since it can make them look extra wide. This lovely lady definitely does not have that problem but you still have to work the pose to create exciting angles.
I would lose the bracelet since it doesn't really contribute anything and can be seen as distracting. On the other hand if it were a match with her earrings then I would leave it. Is that a bra strap showing? Also, I would have turned her just enough (if possible) to let the wind work for you instead of against you. If you can't turn her then watch out for where the stray hair is and have her pull it back when neccesary. Lastly, the background here is distracting and doesn't add to the photo. If I had the ability I would open up the lens more to let the background go further out of focus if that were the only direction available for shooting. Last, try using a reflector or some fill flash to put more light into her eyes.

#1 and 2. I am assuming that these are both from the same shoot but you have different color balances between them. #2 is the better one in my opinion. In #3 her face is a different color than her chest. This is probably from her make-up. Try discussing this with her before your next shoot. She could try using a different color base or maybe use less of the one she is currently using.

I hope this is helpful to you. I don't often comment because my typing is painfully slow and I don't seem to understand the concept of brevity, but I was feeling generous. Keep shooting with this beautiful woman. You can't learn everything overnight but its the struggle that makes us appreciate the rewards.

Regards,
David

rule #10
  View Public Profile Send a private message to David_L_Brown Find More Posts by David_L_Brown

Old 11-25-2006, 01:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 52576
My Mood:

TheGoldy is offline IP: 66.133.224.135

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_L_Brown View Post
#2. She has the flat backside of her hands facing the camera. This is the least attractive angle for hands.
Can you explain to me what the difference (other than fingers curled on his) between the flat backside of the hand on your example and the flat backside of the hand on his? If one is unattractive, wouldn't the other be, too? Just trying to learn here.

Thanks.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to TheGoldy Find More Posts by TheGoldy

Old 11-25-2006, 04:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Amateur

Member GG#: 35246
Comments: 7

jford is offline IP: 144.80.193.138

In Gus' second image, the model has the back of her hands pretty much square to the camera angle, making them as broad as can be - i.e., more masculine, less delicate. In David's image, the backs of the hands are exposed to the camera, but not as square-on. Even then, there's a bit of difference in the model's left and right hands, the right being more angled to the film plane and, to me, anyway, a bit more delicate looking.
Not exposing the back of the hand square to the camera is not a posing "law," just a suggestion. But it improves images much of the time.