Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Community Related Forumss > Photo Reviews & Critiques Only

Photo Reviews & Critiques Only Constructive & professional critiques only

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Critique Please?
Old 10-29-2006, 08:35 AM   #1 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 55234
Comments: 0

bonou2 is offline IP: 203.217.32.113

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Hey all,

Some further shots from my 4th model shoot, would love to know how i am going (tips etc)

Cheers
Dan
www.cre8tivepixels.com
  View Public Profile Send a private message to bonou2 Find More Posts by bonou2

Re: Critique Please?
Old 10-29-2006, 10:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Free Member

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Wow, 106 people have had a look and NO one has commented, i wont be posting here that much thats for sure, how selfish, i take time to post here and no one gives a hoot!!

Dan

Old 10-29-2006, 10:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35872
Comments: 41

R_Fredrick_Smith is offline IP: 76.186.138.200

Again you're not giving anyone enough time. There are lots of free members that view but never comment. You have to wait a bit and give the lifer's a chance to look at your work. And again, its better to post one at a time.

#1 is poorly cropped.
#2 looks like a snapshot. Lighting is uneven.
#3 is fairly good except for jamming head against top of frame.
#4 is interesting, but the angle tends to give a little distortion.
#5 has lots of potential, but the lighting could be improved.
#6 is interesting also, but again the lighting seems a bit uneven.

Cheers,
rfs

"The map is not the Territory"
  View Public Profile Send a private message to R_Fredrick_Smith Visit R_Fredrick_Smith's homepage! Find More Posts by R_Fredrick_Smith

Old 10-30-2006, 10:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 43289
Send a message via MSN to ProShotPhoto

ProShotPhoto is offline IP: 24.82.172.109

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonou2 View Post
Wow, 106 people have had a look and NO one has commented, i wont be posting here that much thats for sure, how selfish, i take time to post here and no one gives a hoot!!

Dan
Ha Ha

I have posted images and had thousands check it out without a commnet. Never sure if that is good or bad but so what no one here owes me anything here - I consider it a priviledge that people take their time to help me out with citiques - rather than the othe way around.

R_Fredrick_Smith's comments may point out that it may not be the viewers priledge to see your images at all but rather may be a very time consuming encounter to comment in detail on many images - each of which have many issues.

I did not start because it will take too long to detail the little issues i seein each one of them. They are not terrible but there are issues in each.

After looking at your posts I noticed you do not seem to have offered a critique on anyone elses work. Unless the psoting listing ins incomlete.

What better way to learn to critique your own work BEFORE submitting it, than to do the work it takes to critique someone elses shot. After you have done that numerous times you just may start to appriociate the time people take to help you out.

aMuseBook.com
  View Public Profile Send a private message to ProShotPhoto Visit ProShotPhoto's homepage! Find More Posts by ProShotPhoto

Old 10-31-2006, 03:36 AM   #5 (permalink)
Free Member

"issues" in all off them???? Well thats why i asked for CC. I AM only just STARTING out???? So i am pretty happy with where i am at thanks!!!!

And to say "issues" and not elaborate is just plain selfish, and soooo typical of "other" photographers sefish atitudes towards thier peers work!!!. I WILL never be selfish like that!!!!!!

Dan

Old 10-31-2006, 04:56 AM   #6 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 43289
Send a message via MSN to ProShotPhoto

ProShotPhoto is offline IP: 24.82.172.109

Dan

I provide constructive critique many much more often than I recieve it and therefore do not worry about your remarks which appear to be based on hurt feelings rahther than research or facts. I did provide constructive critique on the ""number of images posted"" at one time. That was the sole purose of my remarks and to remind you that we all take the time to offer you our best but sometime too many images will deter some from trying to list the issues in a constructive and easy to read fashion. Remember even if some are perfect without flaw it takes time to write even that remark for each image.

I stated there I do not have the time to review each of your images - there are just too many of them and I stated this to suggest to you and maybe others who ead this, that maybe others feel he same way - which may explain why you have so few comments todate.

I believe that every image is something less than perfect and i also beleive in time you will see that the members here have a variety of opionions - and someone will always find an issue, maybe terribly tirvial but an issue with any given image not to bolster thier egos but to help the photographer see another perspective.

I am sorry if you feel upset - it was not my intention to be anything but helpfull in reminding you that - we all owe it to each other to give critiques as well as offer our work for critique and that asking for 5 critiques in one thread may be askign a bit much and therefore deter some responses.

It is a give and take process on all boards - and every wolk of life - there are givers and there are those that receive - we need to try to be goof at both and make it easy for people to repond easily and quickly to our requests.

I do hope you try posting the images seprately ot seeif the response improves.

aMuseBook.com
  View Public Profile Send a private message to ProShotPhoto Visit ProShotPhoto's homepage! Find More Posts by ProShotPhoto

Old 10-31-2006, 07:44 AM   #7 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 54582

Cutts is offline IP: 203.161.96.62

It's easy to lose one's manners when one is hiding behind a keyboard.

Patience is a virtue.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Cutts Find More Posts by Cutts

Old 11-09-2006, 07:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 52976
Comments: 43
My Mood:

soupman is offline IP: 24.176.56.19

I am an amature photographer who has never hired a model. (I am not sure how to go about hiring a model, I don't have a "studio" and I don't want to waste her time.) But, since I found this site a few months ago, I have thoroughly enjoyed viewing the photos and reading the critiques. Yes...I am one of the silent "free viewers" who rarely comments. After all, who am I to comment on someone else's work? I certainly have my opinion about the photos and want to comment, but my portfolio is pretty limited and I am unable to articulate my point of view with a photo to illustrate my perspective. (I especially enjoy R. Frederick Smith's comments and find them very insightful, thoughtful, informantive and experienced.) I am becoming a better photographer because I am reading this site.

Frankly, I feel guilty having access to the quality instruction on this site and not showing my appreciation by joining.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to soupman Find More Posts by soupman

Old 11-09-2006, 10:03 PM   #9 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35664
Comments: 1
My Mood:

mfharper is offline IP: 63.87.212.63

In general you should work on using reflectors or fill flash, maybe try croping a little looser also. You have a great subject to practice with though! Keep shooting and posting.

www.hhphoto.net
  View Public Profile Send a private message to mfharper Visit mfharper's homepage! Find More Posts by mfharper

Old 11-10-2006, 04:27 AM   #10 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 50175
Send a message via Skype™ to oreomitch

oreomitch is offline IP: 196.25.143.130

Back to C&C

#1: I agree with the comment about the awkward crop.
Always tough to shoot in mid-day Sun
#5 has potential

Keep shoot!
  View Public Profile Visit oreomitch's homepage! Find More Posts by oreomitch