Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Community Related Forumss > Photo Reviews & Critiques Only

Photo Reviews & Critiques Only Constructive & professional critiques only

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Some stuff with Lauren
Old 02-24-2006, 08:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35679
Comments: 0
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to Soujrnr Send a message via Yahoo to Soujrnr

Soujrnr is offline IP: 207.5.230.65

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Lauren is an awesome model and she has skin truly like porcelain. When I first met her, I thought she was wearing make-up but her skin is naturally like porcelain. She doesn't like to tan and so her skin hasn't taken on the look of burlap that is often the case with models who tan a lot. Her skin is perfect, as is the rest of her. I'd like your comments on these shots. I just hope these do her a little bit of justice. When my new studio is finished, I'll be getting this lovely lady in right away!

In this first shot I don't like the stray hair. I'll have to fix that up. Sorry.

Any and all comments welcome!

GOod day!

Mike
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Soujrnr Visit Soujrnr's homepage! Find More Posts by Soujrnr

Re: Some stuff with Lauren
Old 02-25-2006, 09:00 AM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36789
Comments: 1
My Mood:
Send a message via Yahoo to ARTFORMS

ARTFORMS is offline IP: 65.12.106.31

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

#1. You already mentioned the stray hair needing fixed but the rubber band looking thing on her wrist should probably go too. #2 There appears to be a dark spot on her left hand (finger) that you might want to clone out. #3 might be my favorite of the group with the pose and composition. Something on her right cheek might need edited. #4 Very warm and pretty auburn hair. But perhaps a pose that shows her hands and arms better than being just crossed and tucked in.

You can certainly appreciate a model that comes with her own photoshopped skin.

Jim
  View Public Profile Send a private message to ARTFORMS Visit ARTFORMS's homepage! Find More Posts by ARTFORMS

Old 02-25-2006, 09:46 AM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 46479

TSGCo is offline IP: 72.65.116.98

Hey Mike! What an awesome model! Great job on the shoot, the overall perspective and angle of the second shot rocks! Definately my favorite. Share some more.
Was this shot with your new D-200?
Did you get my message?
Respectfully,
Marc/TSG
  View Public Profile Send a private message to TSGCo Visit TSGCo's homepage! Find More Posts by TSGCo

Old 02-25-2006, 11:52 AM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

My Mood:

Soujrnr is offline IP: 68.235.17.70

Hi Marc.

Thanks for your kinds words. And yes, I got your message but I didn't get it until late last night and so decided I shouldn't be calling you at 10:30 PM. hehehe I'll try calling you today. Perhaps we can get together this evening if I can get in touch with you and you're not busy.

This was shot with my D70. My D200 won't be on my shelf until probably April from the looks of things. I'm really excited to get it though! I'm even more excited to be getting my studio up and running. It's not there yet but I'm getting closer.

Talk to you soon.

Mike
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Soujrnr Visit Soujrnr's homepage! Find More Posts by Soujrnr

Old 02-25-2006, 11:55 AM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

My Mood:

Thanks for the input, Jim. I'll take those into Photoslop and doctor them a bit and try again.

This model you posted also appears to have perfect skin. Nice shot!

Good day!

Mike

Old 02-25-2006, 12:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 42143

Robert_Taylor is offline IP: 72.139.224.107

The first three images you are having a white balance problem the image is too cool.

Go into your image program and open "levels" select the blue channel and knock it back about 10 points.

You'll see the skin tone become more natural and her shirt will show whiter.

Now the last image you must have set the camera to one of those white balance zones and came up with an image that's too warm.

The overly warm tone has taken her sweater to a colour other then the light white or sand that it really is.

Love the model and the poses are great I don't even mind the stray hair in the first image it kind a frames her eyes more.

The last image the model has very beautiful hair.

Great shots

Robert in Canada
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Robert_Taylor Visit Robert_Taylor's homepage! Find More Posts by Robert_Taylor

Old 02-25-2006, 05:02 PM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

My Mood:

Thanks for the great feedback, Robert!! The bottom line is that I suck at Photoshop and I haven't really experimented with my white balances other than to use the "default" ones given for certain light conditions. I'll do as you suggested and play with the blue channel and see if I can spice them up a bit.

Yes, she is a gorgeous young lady and has gorgeous hair. The last shot, by the way, was done just before the sun went down for the evening. The white balance was set to direct sunlight as it was "direct sunlight." I like the warm tones much moreso than the "bluer" tones of other shots I did with her while she was in the shade. I just haven't quite figured out how to get the beautiful skin tones on models like I see in so many glamour shots.

Thanks again and good day!

Mike

Old 02-25-2006, 05:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 42143

Robert_Taylor is offline IP: 72.139.224.107

Photo editing is all part of the process.

Next time you’re out there in the late afternoon early evening shift the white balance to cloudy or manually set the white balance to 6000k.

When the sun is lower in the sky as in sun rise and sunset there is more red in the scene photographs made with a daylight setting 5200k will appear warmer then normal.

So you can correct this in the camera and no PhotoShop.

As far as the strand of hair and other little distracting things that’s just teaching yourself to look at all four corners and the entire image before you before releasing the shutter.

Robert in Canada hey I just finished my new studio and the track lighting was installed today.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Robert_Taylor Visit Robert_Taylor's homepage! Find More Posts by Robert_Taylor