Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Community Related Forumss > Photo Reviews & Critiques Only

Photo Reviews & Critiques Only Constructive & professional critiques only

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Emily from the Fort Worth Stockyards
Old 02-08-2006, 10:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 49551
Comments: 0

JeffMedlin is offline IP: 66.245.91.232

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

The things I like about the photo.........great model, personality speaks through the photo

Things I dislike, cropping of the hand, post processing ( picture looks over processed and oversharpened on web) any and all helps there greatly appreciated.

Please post feedback for me, even if it hurts, I want to learn!

Thanks in advance,

jeff@jeffmedlin.com
  View Public Profile Send a private message to JeffMedlin Visit JeffMedlin's homepage! Find More Posts by JeffMedlin

Re: Emily from the Fort Worth Stockyards
Old 02-08-2006, 10:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36777
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to StanTom

StanTom is offline IP: 24.239.87.117

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

comments: good grammar and spelling

question: WHAT PHOTO ???
  View Public Profile Send a private message to StanTom Find More Posts by StanTom

Old 02-09-2006, 12:00 AM   #3 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 43289
Send a message via MSN to ProShotPhoto

ProShotPhoto is offline IP: 154.20.79.73

Your right - the model is gorgeous the pose is great - it is hard to take a bad shot. LOL

I would crop it even more to the bottom of her elbow and the hand sill be gone not chopped off, as well as it is more flattering for the model to remove the midsection. Not because it is not what it should be but because it is the widest possible width that it could be because of the angle from which you chose to shoot.

You may try to lighten the mid tones and separate the model from the background a little more.

is she FROM the stockyards or just at stockyards [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
  View Public Profile Send a private message to ProShotPhoto Visit ProShotPhoto's homepage! Find More Posts by ProShotPhoto

Old 02-09-2006, 12:01 AM   #4 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 45608
Comments: 3

Brad is offline IP: 70.119.153.110

Looks good to me! Thanks for sharing!
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Brad Visit Brad's homepage! Find More Posts by Brad

Old 02-09-2006, 12:35 AM   #5 (permalink)
Taylor Maxwell

Member GG#: 43228
Send a message via MSN to Taylorm

Taylorm is offline IP: 70.89.154.250

Nice background of out of focus foliage. Nice expression. With this green background I would have picked a more contrasting color such as red or pink. I would have unbuttoned another button and showed a bit of her bra (Just a hint) and or tied it in the middle. Fully visible hand seems a bit awkward to me.

Taylor
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Taylorm Visit Taylorm's homepage! Find More Posts by Taylorm

Old 02-09-2006, 03:52 AM   #6 (permalink)

Member GG#: 42462
Comments: 11
Send a message via Yahoo to Hailey

Hailey is offline IP: 24.74.98.146

I think the image, lighting, model, sharpness, looks fine. I would crop tighter, maybe right above the hand that IS in the shot. Just my two sense...er cents. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Hailey Visit Hailey's homepage! Find More Posts by Hailey

Old 02-09-2006, 11:40 AM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35679
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to Soujrnr Send a message via Yahoo to Soujrnr

Soujrnr is offline IP: 68.235.17.70

Wow! She is simply stunning! I like the expression, the slight turning of the head and the eyes, but I see what you mean about the right hand. As others have said, try cropping tighter and do away with that hand all together. I'm also in favor of unbuttoning a couple more buttons (men....sheesh) because I think it would support her expression more. That being said, being the way it is also supports the idea of mystery and feigned modesty of sorts (if that makes sense).

Did I mention that she is stunning?

Thanks for sharing! Do you have any more of this lovely lass you can grace our countenance with? She is gorgeous.

BTW, Did I mention that she is stunning? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Good day!

Mike

(disregard the copyright in this image...I have changed my business name to Mike Larsen Studios)

View Public Profile Send a private message to Soujrnr Visit Soujrnr's homepage! Find More Posts by Soujrnr

Old 02-09-2006, 04:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 37039
Send a message via AIM to cdnmoosey Send a message via MSN to cdnmoosey Send a message via Yahoo to cdnmoosey

cdnmoosey is offline IP: 68.55.90.246

I think this is a case of you COULD:

crop it differently
have the hand posed differently
have processed it differently.

But what you actually have is a fantastic image of a beautiful girl. I firmly beleive that none of the above suggestions are necessary or would make any serious contribution to the image.

Great work.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to cdnmoosey Visit cdnmoosey's homepage! Find More Posts by cdnmoosey

Old 02-09-2006, 08:05 PM   #9 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36789
Comments: 1
My Mood:
Send a message via Yahoo to ARTFORMS

ARTFORMS is offline IP: 4.188.45.12

You have a good image here with only some minor adjustments to help make it better than it currently is. Some have suggested cropping in tighter so that her right hand doesn't appear cropped off in the middle. The other way would have been to shoot it with more of that hand showing which would also include seeing more of her jeans. Her hip might not look as close as it does if it had been shot from further back. Not knowing what distance or lens setting was used that is. The depth of field, your photo frame and copyright logo are well done and professional looking.

Jim
  View Public Profile Send a private message to ARTFORMS Visit ARTFORMS's homepage! Find More Posts by ARTFORMS

Old 02-12-2006, 09:30 PM   #10 (permalink)
glamourpics

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 69.19.14.26

You are correct about your own dislikes. I concur.

The shot has much going, though. PERFECT skin tone, great eye contact and presence. ANd I don't think it looks over sharpened or over processed at all. On my screen, to my eyes, it looks perfect.