Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamourô > Garage Glamourô Community Related Forumss > Photo Reviews & Critiques Only

Photo Reviews & Critiques Only Constructive & professional critiques only

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Maty - 01/12/2006
Old 01-21-2006, 12:52 AM   #1 (permalink)
Bawdy Little Monkey

Member GG#: 41173
Comments: 1
Send a message via AIM to SamBeasley Send a message via Yahoo to SamBeasley

SamBeasley is offline IP: 65.4.228.98

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Hey guys,

I had another shoot with my favorite model and muse, Martina Urbancov√° (Maty here on GG), and thought I'd share some with y'all. I always have a great time shooting with her, and this time was no different; once again she rocked! And I certainly don't want to forget the killer makeup job provided by the talented Angel Pennington!

This first image is a digital test before the film, and one we ended up keeping:

Specs for this image:

Nikon D100
ISO 200
f/13
28-80mm lens

These next two were shot on film:

Nikon F4
Kodak E100GX (for you film shooters who haven't tried it, great warm-balanced film, btw)
I can't remember specific exposure for these, but they were usually somewhere between f8-f11
70-300mm lens, kept closer to the 70 side

Each shot here used two lights. In the first and last ones a medium softbox was key and a shoot-through umbrella acted as a kicker (I used some Cinefoil on that light to try to control spill, which sorta worked, kinda [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]). In the second shot, the softbox was once again key, but the second light was used bare on the floor to illuminate the background. The ratios between the lights in each of these were kept pretty tight.

Anyways, what do you guys think? Any suggestions would be great!

Sam
  View Public Profile Send a private message to SamBeasley Visit SamBeasley's homepage! Find More Posts by SamBeasley

Re: Maty - 01/12/2006
Old 01-21-2006, 09:35 AM   #2 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 39735
Comments: 0

shannon_fontaine is offline IP: 68.52.169.40

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

technical analysis: wowie zowie

personal impressions: wowie ZOWIE.

really like the little statue head woking on nearly the same angle as she is in the second shot...you set that up, right? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

great shooting but after INTENSE personal inspection i did find one minisucle flaw: looks like a loose thread or something in the last shot on her left stocking at the top.

great stuff

Shannon

View Public Profile Send a private message to shannon_fontaine Visit shannon_fontaine's homepage! Find More Posts by shannon_fontaine

Old 01-21-2006, 10:14 AM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36789
My Mood:
Send a message via Yahoo to ARTFORMS

ARTFORMS is offline IP: 65.138.32.218

All three are quite good. You give the reason for keeping film in use here. The only little thing that I would like to see different would be her head placement not be so leaned to one side on the second shot.

Jim

View Public Profile Send a private message to ARTFORMS Visit ARTFORMS's homepage! Find More Posts by ARTFORMS

Old 01-21-2006, 11:55 AM   #4 (permalink)
Taylor Maxwell

Member GG#: 43228
Send a message via MSN to Taylorm

Taylorm is offline IP: 70.89.154.250

Beautiful Model.
1 - Posing is interesting, but I don't like her hand cut off between her legs
2 - Nicely setup background and pose. The expression is precious and shows curiousity which I love.
3 - I like the pose, background seems a bit busy. Expression seems a bit blank to me

Taylor
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Taylorm Visit Taylorm's homepage! Find More Posts by Taylorm

Old 01-21-2006, 02:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 39608

hipchildreth is offline IP: 66.57.105.187

Nice work dude... your best yet. I can't decide on the one I like best... # twos's the sexiest though. Is this from the B&B shoot?

Chip
  View Public Profile Send a private message to hipchildreth Visit hipchildreth's homepage! Find More Posts by hipchildreth

Old 01-21-2006, 02:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
Bawdy Little Monkey

SamBeasley is offline IP: 65.4.205.165

Thanks Shannon, I appreciate it! I missed the loose thread on the stocking (I was distracted [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]), so thanks for pointing that out.

Oh, and er, um, YES, the statue head was purposely set up that way. Yep! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Thanks again man!

Sam
  View Public Profile Send a private message to SamBeasley Visit SamBeasley's homepage! Find More Posts by SamBeasley

Old 01-21-2006, 02:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
Bawdy Little Monkey

Thanks Jim! I do try to keep film alive. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] In all seriousness though, the actual chromes do look so much sweeter than these scans. But anyways, I can see what you're saying about the head positioning, too. I have more of that set I'll hafta look through; this was just one that happened to grab my attention first off.

Thanks again!

Sam

Old 01-21-2006, 02:41 PM   #8 (permalink)
Bawdy Little Monkey

1 - Yep I can see what you're saying there. I think pretty much all the ones we have from this set are similar in pose... different expressions, though. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

2 - Thank you! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

3 - This one I know what you're saying about the background. The vase (brown thing above her left forearm) in particular I wished I had moved. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] As far as expression goes, we do have others of this set with different expressions, so I'll hafta go through 'em and see what I can find.

Thanks for your help Taylor!

Sam

Old 01-21-2006, 02:51 PM   #9 (permalink)
Bawdy Little Monkey

Thanks Chip, I appreciate it! Man I'm really trying my best to get better and better. In all seriousness, Maty's really helped me there. She's really patient with me. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] And the fact that we're both perfectionists really helps things out, too. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Yep, this is from the b&b. Really nice place. Not just the building, but the whole grounds around the place looked really great. I'm hoping we can do another shoot again there one of these days.

I'm thinkin' about headed outside and shooting some landscape stuff (or whatever captures my attention) on HP5 today. Haven't played with the pyro in a while. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] By now though I'm sure I'd hafta order some more. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Either that or playing with still-lifes in the studio.

Thanks again man, and have a good weekend!

Sam

Old 01-21-2006, 03:05 PM   #10 (permalink)
Taylor Maxwell

Member GG#: 43228
Send a message via MSN to Taylorm

Taylorm is offline IP: 71.102.98.102

[ QUOTE ]
1 - Yep I can see what you're saying there. I think pretty much all the ones we have from this set are similar in pose... different expressions, though. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

2 - Thank you! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

3 - This one I know what you're saying about the background. The vase (brown thing above her left forearm) in particular I wished I had moved. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] As far as expression goes, we do have others of this set with different expressions, so I'll hafta go through 'em and see what I can find.

Thanks for your help Taylor!

Sam

[/ QUOTE ]

You do beautiful work. Glad to help

Taylor
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Taylorm Visit Taylorm's homepage! Find More Posts by Taylorm