Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Community Related Forumss > Photo Reviews & Critiques Only

Photo Reviews & Critiques Only Constructive & professional critiques only

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Any thoughts on these two?
Old 01-07-2006, 10:41 AM   #1 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 46893
Comments: 0

PaulPardue is offline IP: 24.23.25.96

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

So, here is a sample from my latest shoot. What are your thoughts? What can be done to improve them?

View Public Profile Send a private message to PaulPardue Visit PaulPardue's homepage! Find More Posts by PaulPardue

Re: Any thoughts on these two?
Old 01-07-2006, 11:28 AM   #2 (permalink)
GWC Extraordinaire

Member GG#: 40697
Send a message via MSN to The_Glamour_Spot Send a message via Yahoo to The_Glamour_Spot

The_Glamour_Spot is offline IP: 24.233.56.203

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Image #1 - Choose a pose and shooting angle that is flattering to the model. This pose and angle does not work. The left breast looks 3 times larger than the right breast. Her right side lacks feminine curves and over accentuates her areas that we as photographers shoud try and minimize. The face area, especially the eyes are too dark and fill is needed here. Some of the PS Gods maybe could correct this, but it would be difficult for me with the dark top and blown out bottom right area. It appears you have a good light source camera right, but it was not used effectively. You may try and play with the channel mixer and curves in PS to see if you can adjust the tonality and contrast. I would also suggest a skin softening technique of some sort and address some of her blemishes.

Image #2 - Much better attempt...in fact, I like it. Once again, I think contrast can be tweaked in PS, remove the blemishes in post on her tummy and I think a higher crop would be more effective....the image makes me want to see slightly more of her tummy above the belly button...

My .02...keep shooting and posting...
  View Public Profile Send a private message to The_Glamour_Spot Visit The_Glamour_Spot's homepage! Find More Posts by The_Glamour_Spot

Old 01-07-2006, 12:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
Free Member

#1. What pose and angle direction might you suggest I try next time? I only noticed the thing about the difference in size after you mentioned it, perhaps because her right arm is up, it changed the way the chest pulled? In terms of curves, maybe having turned her in a specific direction or done anything with posing to help out there, stuff you know that next time I can maybe suggest? Agree on the face, still working with lighting techniques, what could I have done here to improve that? Should I have had the light higher and coming down more, added a second light some where camera left? Reflector? Working in a stairwell so at this point, nothing really with any ease could go above her camera left.

#2 Thanks. What in terms of contrast needs to be done here, I did some stuff in PS, but maybe I'm just not that good yet. Crop is from camera, so perhaps next time shoot higher, back out even maybe?

Your .02 is welcome, thank you.
Paul
  View Public Profile Send a private message to PaulPardue Visit PaulPardue's homepage! Find More Posts by PaulPardue

Old 01-07-2006, 01:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 43840
Comments: 2
Send a message via ICQ to moscato_images Send a message via AIM to moscato_images Send a message via Yahoo to moscato_images

moscato_images is offline IP: 12.221.236.136

#1 - I would suggest using a reflector on the left side to fill in some shadow area. Buy a car visor shield you put into your front window while your car sits. (for the sun doesn't shine in) You can get white and silver ones each for maybe three bucks. The pose is unflattering to the model. Some ideas...shooting from below the model puts the hips closer to the camera than the head therefore the head and chest looks tiny and the legs and hips look too large. The angle also distorts the breasts. Try some straight on 3/4 shots (right above the knee and up) with the modelshifting her weight and have her make 'S' curves. Play with it some more and repost soon! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
-joshua
  View Public Profile Send a private message to moscato_images Visit moscato_images's homepage! Find More Posts by moscato_images

Old 01-07-2006, 01:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
GWC Extraordinaire

Member GG#: 40697
Send a message via MSN to The_Glamour_Spot Send a message via Yahoo to The_Glamour_Spot

The_Glamour_Spot is offline IP: 24.233.56.203

If you like the light source there, then I certainly would throw some fill from below and up into the face..especially since you have the model embracing the lens. For this model, the angle and pose needs some rethinking...she is not a rail thin model with the figure that allows her to pose any way she chooses. This angle exagerates the love handles on her right as well as where the back leg becomes her behind. Taking a higher angle and rotating her slightly should correct that...

I played around with the second image in PS...not one of the PS gods by any means, but I think this version adds a little to the image...I will remove it as soon as you respond...
  View Public Profile Send a private message to The_Glamour_Spot Visit The_Glamour_Spot's homepage! Find More Posts by The_Glamour_Spot

Old 01-07-2006, 10:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
Free Member

I like your version. it looks much better. Perhaps working on pictures at 4 in the morning isn't the brightest of ideas. Maybe neither is taking those pictures at 2-3 in the morning.