Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Community Related Forumss > Photo Reviews & Critiques Only

Photo Reviews & Critiques Only Constructive & professional critiques only

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Looking for an honest review of my port
Old 08-29-2005, 06:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 45916
Comments: 0

tennille is offline IP: 205.206.80.142

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Hi there,

I am new to this website, and just wondering what kind of reviews I would get for my pictures.

I would appreciate any help or advice! Thanks!

View Public Profile Find More Posts by tennille

Re: Looking for an honest review of my port
Old 08-30-2005, 04:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35872
Comments: 41

R_Fredrick_Smith is offline IP: 67.162.234.198

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Well its difficult to make a comment on a whole lot of photos. In general I would say that you have several that are really good and they represent you quite well. There are several that need work, and probably would be better replaced with others. You might get better response, if you just post the best photo of the ones you have to your post. If you look below the box where you type your message when making a post, you'll see the Portfolio command in the Instant UBB code section. Just click on it and your portfolio will pop up in a window and you can select any image to appear in your post. Your Pink Lady image is quite nice, you might try that one.

Cheers,
rfs
  View Public Profile Send a private message to R_Fredrick_Smith Visit R_Fredrick_Smith's homepage! Find More Posts by R_Fredrick_Smith

Old 08-30-2005, 05:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 39658

FotoTejas is offline IP: 209.189.242.36

You are an extremely attractive young woman with a wonderful figure and several of your portfolio shots show you in that light.

However, I would remove from your portfolio all of the "candid" bodybuilding shots, in which you are wearing the grease and such. While that "look" is necessary in competition, it is not very flattering photographically. Your portfolio contains several shots (the "lollipop" shots jump to mind) which do an excellent job of showcasing the hours of work that you have obviously dedicated to your fitness.

If you want to include some of the bodybuilding poses in your portfolio, I would encourage you to pose for those shots without the competition makeup. Perhaps even work those poses into a more conventional setting.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to FotoTejas Visit FotoTejas's homepage! Find More Posts by FotoTejas

Old 08-31-2005, 01:15 AM   #4 (permalink)
Free Member

tennille is offline IP: 205.206.80.142

I see what you both are talking about. I would like to get into fitness modelling most of all though one day. Most companies that were searching for new faces that might like my look would probably be looking for those kinds of pictures as well.... hopefully. Because it's one of my favorite things to do- see how ripped I can get! I will be competing again next year.

So here is my favorite picture as of late. I would love to hear some comments.

Tennille

This orange lollipop photo has gotten the most attention out of all of my pictures... why??

Old 08-31-2005, 08:20 AM   #5 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35323
Send a message via Yahoo to seekerofbeauty

seekerofbeauty is offline IP: 67.9.20.61

As for comments on your portfolio, I'll basically echo what's already been said. I'd like to comment on these two shots, however. You mention that the first one is your "favorite picture as of late", but it seems that there's a great deal of time between them. Your weight and overall body condition are quite different in each one. While I personally like the first one a lot, if you plan to emphasize conditioning and tone, it isn't appropriate to that goal. They're both glamour shots and while your facial expression, in the first, doesn't really fit the sword/warrior/strong woman theme, it's well done. The second one has a nice pin-up quality and clearly shows your terrific body condition. You've obviously spent a lot of time and produced a lot of sweat to get that way. It IS appropriate to your goal. There are some comments I could make for improvement, but they're outside your main question.

All this is just my opinion and I'm sure some, perhaps many, here would disagree. As with any group of opinions, listen to them all and then decide which ones are the most helpful (not necessarily the most complimentary) to you. My comments are about your appearance and performance, not about the photography itself, as is appropriate for a model. You DO need to be mindful of the photographic quality when picking shots for your portfolio, of course.

As for your last question, this is not a members only site for viewing portfolios. You're not wearing much in the photo and the lurkers (as they're called here) always inflate the viewing numbers for the nudes and near nudes. Don't put too much stock in those numbers. Good luck in your future competitions and please keep posting and participating here.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to seekerofbeauty Find More Posts by seekerofbeauty

Old 08-31-2005, 08:59 AM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 39658

FotoTejas is offline IP: 209.189.242.36

Tennille,

I encourage your goal to get into fitness modeling. You certainly have the figure for that genre, but you also have a lovely face that will serve you quite well in more conventional modeling also.

I certainly cannot speak for anyone other than myself, but the "stage grease" pictures do absolutely nothing to sell you to me as a fitness model. The grease emphasizes your figure under the bright lights of a competition stage. Photographically, it is just simply un-natural and unattractive, which is unfortunate when seen on such an attractive model. "Glamour-type" shots that focus upon your "fitness" (again, the lollipop shots are an excellent example, as is the maroon mini-skirt) are a far more effective marketing tool.

Just my opinion,
CC
  View Public Profile Send a private message to FotoTejas Visit FotoTejas's homepage! Find More Posts by FotoTejas

Old 08-31-2005, 10:56 AM   #7 (permalink)
Free Member

tennille is offline IP: 207.229.0.23

LOL!! Believe it or not, there is only 3 months between those shots. Not even, maybe 2.5. The inflation after a competition is very fast. After I competed this year I gained 30lbs in 2 weeks. Water from not eating processed foods for so long and then dipping into some chocolate after the show. Everyone in the fitness world has done it sometime. haha!

I will take your comments into consideration for sure. I know they don't look normal! They are un-natural for sure.

Thanks for the review of my pictures. In the first one I was trying to go for a "don't come near me" look but I guess I missed.

Later!

Are all of those pictures of you?
Old 08-31-2005, 11:16 AM   #8 (permalink)

Member GG#: 35261

JackiM is offline IP: 12.208.154.129

I am sorry, but when I looked at your port, I saw atleast 3 different people [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] If they are all you, then your port has no consistancy. Clients hire you based on what you look like now. If the client hires a bodybuilder and they get the girl on the motorcycle....you will be in some trouble [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] Get rid of anything in your port that isn't you or doesn't look like you do right now. And then decide on a market. It looks like you want glamour, so you should post a few good current beauty shots of yourself-headshot, front body, back body and some general glamour stuff. Also, all pics should be right side up. No one wants to turn their head sideways to see what you look like. Your port is supposed to get you work and I think it would be difficult for anyone to hire you right now, because they would have no way of knowing what they are getting.

View Public Profile Send a private message to JackiM Find More Posts by JackiM

Old 08-31-2005, 02:45 PM   #9 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35872
Comments: 41

R_Fredrick_Smith is offline IP: 67.162.234.198

I like the sword picture quite a lot. The only thing I'd say about it, is that if it were a real sword, you hands would get cut if holding it that tightly.

As far as the lollipop photo getting more attention, it is simply that people seem to more often look at images where the model is wearing less clothes. So if you had been topless in the sword photo, with the sword hiding the breasts, then it would probably have gotten more attention.

Cheers,
rfs
  View Public Profile Send a private message to R_Fredrick_Smith Visit R_Fredrick_Smith's homepage! Find More Posts by R_Fredrick_Smith