Photo Tips Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Community Related Forumss > Photo Reviews & Critiques Only

Photo Reviews & Critiques Only Constructive & professional critiques only

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Help I suck indoors! (no walls here!)
Old 08-06-2005, 02:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 42194
Comments: 5
Send a message via AIM to Titan Send a message via Yahoo to Titan

Titan is offline IP: 66.94.212.79

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

well, some might argue that I suck indoors and out, but only if you're nice to me and promise to call me later.

Anyway...

Here are some shots of GG's very own, and might I add beautiful Miss Orlena, These are from my first real time in a studio, Scott Story graciously lent me his space, equipment, time, advice, and wind machine. So if you like these, or think they're even marginally better than my previous posts, 90% of the credit goes to him, 9% to the model, and I'll give myself that one last %age, since I am after all the one who did push the button.

If on the other hand, you hate, and revile the photos, and they leave you swith a sense of dread so large you feel like pulling your toe nails out with pliers, I accept the full 100% of the blame.

My general thoughts are that the shots aren't bad. But thats about it. just kind of run of the mill studio shots. Nothing to make your eyes pop.

Okay comments, criticisms, kicks in the teeth, and eye gouges greatfully accepted.

MT [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

View Public Profile Send a private message to Titan Visit Titan's homepage! Find More Posts by Titan

Re: Help I suck indoors! (no walls here!)
Old 08-06-2005, 10:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 37943
Comments: 0

cindavphoto is offline IP: 216.229.94.144

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Ok, here I go, and just remember, you asked for it!!

#1-Just a little over exposed on her face. Other than that, I kind of like it. Nice pose, nice look on her face, shows curves in her waist nicely.

#2-Dude, where's her feet???? Ya cut off her feet!!! And you need to photo shop the floor if your going to leave it this way. But....since you cut off her feet, I would crop it up about mid thigh. Try it, I think you'll like it like that. I would have really liked this as a full length, but since you didn't get it, you do the best you can.

#3-Cropping issue again. IMO, I never crop in the calf, either mid thigh or full length. Once again, good pose, like the way it shows her curves, just crop it mid thigh.

Oh yeah, one more note...with woman you should always have them turn one shoulder at least slightly to the camera. You don't want to shoot woman straight on.

Hope this helps, hope I told you what IMHO is wrong and what is right in a nice way.

Cinnamon
  View Public Profile Send a private message to cindavphoto Visit cindavphoto's homepage! Find More Posts by cindavphoto

Indoors, outdoors, wich is it?
Old 08-07-2005, 12:49 AM   #3 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 39216
Comments: 2
Send a message via MSN to isaiahbrink Send a message via Yahoo to isaiahbrink

isaiahbrink is offline IP: 69.106.178.211

Not too bad, a check your exposure, seems a little light in the face, but that could be on my end.

Isaiah Brink
  View Public Profile Send a private message to isaiahbrink Find More Posts by isaiahbrink

Old 08-07-2005, 06:12 AM   #4 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 42194
Comments: 5
Send a message via AIM to Titan Send a message via Yahoo to Titan

Titan is offline IP: 66.94.212.78

Cinn,

thanks for your comments, I have a question or 2 for you.

#1, I definetly want to show off Orlena's curves, she's got a nice figure and I really wanted to capture that, since you noticed, I think I didn something right.

#2. What exactly would you use in PS for the floor? Are you talking about the footprint marks or something else? I think I would use the clone tool and clean it up that way, do you have another suggestion? As for the feet. I have yet to get the right feel for full length shots. I am working on it and my two most recent shoots have incorporated this, I'll post those later, and hopefully you'll see some improvement, others have commented on this and I have made an effort to improve.

Again with the curves, thanks. And again with the cropping, I like the suggestion to crop at mid thigh. I will take a look at some of the other photos from this shoot and see if I can use that.

And... Making mental note about the turn the shoulder idea.

Thanks for taking the time. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Titan Visit Titan's homepage! Find More Posts by Titan

Old 08-07-2005, 08:26 AM   #5 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 37943

cindavphoto is offline IP: 216.229.94.144

I am talking about the footprints on the floor. I usually use the clone tool or the healing brush (if you have PS7) for all my clean up work like that.

You said you haven't gotten the "feel" for full length yet, but if you go that low, you might as get the feet in there also. Especailly if they are barefoot. I love barefoot pictures.

Did you try cropping them at mid thigh yet? Did you like it?

Cinnamon
  View Public Profile Send a private message to cindavphoto Visit cindavphoto's homepage! Find More Posts by cindavphoto

Old 08-08-2005, 10:34 AM   #6 (permalink)
J T Smith

Member GG#: 35390

jtsmith is offline IP: 12.45.209.149

What makes things pop in run of the mill studio shots has a lot to do with fashion, make up and the model.

Technically the shots are a little over exposed but as far as light quality on the model, there is nothing wrong there and cropping and composition, more direction to the model to bring out some more expression, etc. is needed to get more of what you want.

Sometimes it's not about the science of photography....

J T

View Public Profile Send a private message to jtsmith Visit jtsmith's homepage! Find More Posts by jtsmith

Old 08-09-2005, 03:40 AM   #7 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 43319

kwik67 is offline IP: 69.231.58.130

shoot a little lower, she seems to be compressed a little bit
  View Public Profile Send a private message to kwik67 Find More Posts by kwik67

Old 08-10-2005, 12:01 AM   #8 (permalink)
Commercial Photographer

Member GG#: 42709

StephenCMW is offline IP: 68.116.197.221

My comments pretty much mimic the others. They are much better than your previous 'against the wall' shots. Use the comments others are giving you and your next set will again show a nice improvement. Little steps... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
  View Public Profile Send a private message to StephenCMW Visit StephenCMW's homepage! Find More Posts by StephenCMW