Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Community Related Forumss > Photo Reviews & Critiques Only

Photo Reviews & Critiques Only Constructive & professional critiques only

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
As per the request of my Photographer RandyMan
Old 07-21-2005, 08:42 AM   #1 (permalink)
MelanieReese

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 66.160.65.162

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

We would like to get some input on my new COMMERCIAL comp-card (I am now agency listed - waka waka [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]). Sorry I'm not nude... I don't have that kind of body and I like "cheese-up" in my images too much.(heh heh heh, believe me, you don't want to see me naked... Those stretch marks on my hip are now on my thigh) I basically suck at being sexy... I am forced to stick with you know, normal work [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]... Images and Design are all CopyRights and compliments of our very own expert photographer "RandyMan." Give him his kudos and just dues (or just send money in small unmarked bills). [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Sorry the images are sort of small... (like almost invisible due to the limited amount of photo space I am allowed to upload); just view and judge the composition, ignore the actual images...

(and one more note: of course you all know that I did my own MU work, heh heh heh - plug-plug) [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Re: As per the request of my Photographer RandyMan
Old 07-21-2005, 08:49 AM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 38048
Comments: 0
Send a message via AIM to RSStory Send a message via MSN to RSStory Send a message via Yahoo to RSStory

RSStory is offline IP: 68.72.13.140

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

I am no expert on comp cards... But as for the posing nude and stretch marks... This is the digital age girl...We can PS those out... LOL

Scott
  View Public Profile Send a private message to RSStory Visit RSStory's homepage! Find More Posts by RSStory

Re: Actually, I lied...
Old 07-21-2005, 09:35 AM   #3 (permalink)
MelanieReese

Member GG#:
Comments:

Actually, I lied... I don't have any stretch marks... ha ha... (yet)

My boobies are still perky. I still have all of my teeth (so far).

But realistically, I am not glamour type material, so I don't want to target that type of market.

If it matters at all, none of my images were photoshopped. (God, Randy is AWESOME with that camera!)

"What y'all see is what ya get,"that's my motto...

Old 07-21-2005, 09:38 AM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 38048
Send a message via AIM to RSStory Send a message via MSN to RSStory Send a message via Yahoo to RSStory

RSStory is offline IP: 68.72.13.140

Well in that case... we can add some stretch marks, Take away some of the perk and remove a tooth or two... that could make for some interesting shots dont ya think?

Scott
  View Public Profile Send a private message to RSStory Visit RSStory's homepage! Find More Posts by RSStory

Old 07-21-2005, 09:44 AM   #5 (permalink)
MelanieReese

Member GG#:
Comments:

ha ha... Seriously, I did remove some of my teeth once... along with my hair... I thought is was funny as hell, but my "manager" at the time was pissed off about it... I believe she said something about my inability to be professional... and I was lectured about violating the copyright laws. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

I can't help it... The Devil made me do it... It's just who I am... This ball of unusually dry and stupid humor... It's from my dad's side...

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Old 07-21-2005, 09:49 AM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36994

DavidMoyle is offline IP: 66.245.244.230

Very nice!
  View Public Profile Send a private message to DavidMoyle Visit DavidMoyle's homepage! Find More Posts by DavidMoyle

Old 07-21-2005, 12:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 42373
Send a message via Yahoo to jackell

jackell is offline IP: 65.15.168.67

[ QUOTE ]
I basically suck at being sexy..

[/ QUOTE ]

In what universe is that exactly?

View Public Profile Send a private message to jackell Visit jackell's homepage! Find More Posts by jackell

Old 07-21-2005, 02:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 41057

cozanostra is offline IP: 198.54.202.210

Love the photos and a nice clean design, but (there's always a but, isn't there?) you need to check on the side that's got your stats that the wording is properly centered. It's a possibility that it might be physically centered so you're gonna need to make sure that it looks visually centered. It does happen from time to time that something needs to be visually centered instead of physically. Hope that makes sense, I couldn't find a ruler to check if it was physically centered though.

On the other side the photo at the top needs to be brought down a little so that the black space at the top is equal to that on the bottom, maybe even bring in the one on the bottom right a little too, just to get it nice and even and more balanced (kinda hard to tell because of the size).

Hope this helps.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to cozanostra Visit cozanostra's homepage! Find More Posts by cozanostra

Old 07-21-2005, 03:14 PM   #9 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35195

rjwarren is offline IP: 24.160.122.68

Reese

I just LOVE that headshot! GO RANDY! As for the backside - that's not a bad layout. There's always a choice between doing like everyone else does it OR doing something different. You could leave it like it is, or change it to the more common 4 - up. The same number of people will love/hate it for the same reason!

I do have reservations about the "guitar" image. The body of that guitar is large for your body size. It kind of looks out of place. Plus, on a comp card, I like to see you engaging me rather than looking down. That's me. I know you have a TON of good images from Randy - so there's probably one where the guitar isn't so dominant and I see your eyes.

Best of luck
Bob

View Public Profile Send a private message to rjwarren Visit rjwarren's homepage! Find More Posts by rjwarren

Old 07-21-2005, 07:17 PM   #10 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36140

BryanB is offline IP: 65.9.129.19

Love the headshot.. I have to agree with a previous poster about the image with the guitar... it has a prominent place on the card (because of its size) so it should be an image that showcases "you" (not the guitar).

... and you are the sexiest woman I know.

Bryan
  View Public Profile Send a private message to BryanB Visit BryanB's homepage! Find More Posts by BryanB