Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Community Related Forumss > Photo Reviews & Critiques Only

Photo Reviews & Critiques Only Constructive & professional critiques only

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
From the other day
Old 06-30-2005, 09:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35797
Comments: 0

glhstudio is offline IP: 66.169.42.109

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

comments always welcome
canon 20d 70-200 2.2.8 lens and no photoshop which i dont believe in

thanks
gary
  View Public Profile Send a private message to glhstudio Visit glhstudio's homepage! Find More Posts by glhstudio

Re: From the other day
Old 06-30-2005, 09:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36935

BhamPhoto is offline IP: 24.158.233.92

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

what do you mean you do not believe in photoshop?
  View Public Profile Send a private message to BhamPhoto Find More Posts by BhamPhoto

Old 06-30-2005, 09:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35797

glhstudio is offline IP: 66.169.42.109

to all

No, I dont believe in photoshop, I guess i want to see what im getting if I was hireng the model, not something fake . I want to see the real thing for my money. If i hire a girl i want her to show up as i seen her in her in the photograph. SEE WHAT I SAY

gary
  View Public Profile Send a private message to glhstudio Visit glhstudio's homepage! Find More Posts by glhstudio

Oh No...
Old 07-01-2005, 12:03 AM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36777
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to StanTom

StanTom is offline IP: 24.239.86.148

I see a big debate on the use of photoshop coming....

Bravo on wanting to see real skin and not plastic/airbrushed/smooth fake skin

I like the pic , but what would be so wrong to use PS to ajust levels, or color balance or clean up the background.
Just don't OVER use it !
( I don't think I do that much to images I have posted,but I'm sure I have done something to almost all the images )

Some guys go as far as using photoshop to remove
Tattoos,cellulite,moles,stretch marks or scars from people.
Figure that out the day of a shoot , hire a model and when she shows up...BAM ,there is a tattoo etc... that she has had for years!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
  View Public Profile Send a private message to StanTom Find More Posts by StanTom

Old 07-01-2005, 12:53 AM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36994

DavidMoyle is offline IP: 69.231.196.254

hmmm...I have the box sitting here on my shelf...yep...still opens when I click the icon on my computer...and still opens a photo...phew...I was worried...first the Easter Bunny, then Santa, don't ever scare me like that!
  View Public Profile Send a private message to DavidMoyle Visit DavidMoyle's homepage! Find More Posts by DavidMoyle

Re: I second that Oh No...
Old 07-01-2005, 01:01 AM   #6 (permalink)
Bawdy Little Monkey

Member GG#: 41173
Comments: 1
Send a message via AIM to SamBeasley Send a message via Yahoo to SamBeasley

SamBeasley is offline IP: 208.63.160.141

My preference for PS (when it comes to actual photos, that is) is to use it for the same functions that you could do in a tradional darkroom -- dodging, burning, etc. -- or in the case of color images, adjusting color balance and stuff (okay, pretty much the things you just said [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]). Sometimes my preference isn't what I end up doing though, depending on who wants what, and how the original image turned out in the first place (yes, sometimes I use PS to try and "save" an image).

What I don't like is over-smoothing, removing film grain from a scan where I actually want film grain (try removing grain from a Tri-X neg developed in Rodinal [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]). I actually like film grain in a lot of black & white images.

Anyways, my 2¢. I'm sure there's more I could think of, but I'm too tired to think of anymore right now. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Sam
  View Public Profile Send a private message to SamBeasley Visit SamBeasley's homepage! Find More Posts by SamBeasley

Old 07-01-2005, 01:19 AM   #7 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 42503
Send a message via AIM to insanepinoy

insanepinoy is offline IP: 67.127.53.10

NO PS? Thats like no icing on the cake, no gift wrap on a gift, and freakin no ice in my drink when its 90 degrees outside!

I agree about seeing the model how she is during the shoot. But what if you had a crappy camera? A little PS wouldnt hurt and only would make your images that much better. I agree with Stan and Sam it doesnt hurt at all.. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
  View Public Profile Send a private message to insanepinoy Visit insanepinoy's homepage! Find More Posts by insanepinoy

Well....
Old 07-01-2005, 07:14 AM   #8 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 41657

ImagesRW is offline IP: 24.74.74.33

This is going to be a can of worms.

First nicely done image, and little if anything more could or should be done with PS.

But in the attached image which one do you think the bride is going to choose?

In the old days it would be 4x5 negs and off to the retoucher before printing.

The use of PS all depends on what the planned use of the image is for.

A model selling her looks..... or a delivered comercial image... two differnt things.... or is it. One could argue well this is what I can do if my photo/lighting/posing/ps skills are up there with the skills of the photographer that shot the models image. If not then you had better be able to tell the difference and /or ask alot of questions to find the ones with perfect features/skin/posing skills/ etc. etc.

Just my 2 cents worth,
Rick

PS Now if this was a mail order bride I guess you would have a case. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
  View Public Profile Send a private message to ImagesRW Visit ImagesRW's homepage! Find More Posts by ImagesRW

Re: Photoshop
Old 07-01-2005, 07:28 AM   #9 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35323
Send a message via Yahoo to seekerofbeauty

seekerofbeauty is offline IP: 67.9.20.61

Photo editors are just tools. It's how you use them that matters. I think that how much one uses Photoshop, or any other photo editing software, to "perfect" the subject, should be determined by what the use of the finished photo will be. Many portrait customers want the airbrushed look, so it's justified. But in a model's commercial portfolio, the look should be as natural as possible, so the potential client actually sees what they what they might pay for. If a photographer is advertising his/her editing skills, then it should be used, otherwise he/she should include photos that show the maximum photographic skill with an absolute minimum use of an editor.

The reason so many people do too much Photoshop, is because they can and don't have the willpower to stop themselves. All things in moderation. Nice shot. She's got a great expression.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to seekerofbeauty Find More Posts by seekerofbeauty

Old 07-01-2005, 10:04 AM   #10 (permalink)
Still Learning

Member GG#: 36942
Comments: 1
My Mood:

Bonner is offline IP: 69.230.199.197

I totally disagree with you. Nobody would have ever heard of Ansel Adams if he made prints directly from the negative! He sometimes spent all day to work one image in the darkroom.

I’m sure if he were alive today he would be experimenting with Photoshop!

View Public Profile Send a private message to Bonner Visit Bonner's homepage! Find More Posts by Bonner