Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Community Related Forumss > Photo Reviews & Critiques Only

Photo Reviews & Critiques Only Constructive & professional critiques only

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Hey Nooobies…Find the flaws. (N)
Old 06-30-2005, 03:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 37576
Comments: 0

rixafter6 is offline IP: 69.247.193.169

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

And everyone else out there too.

In what I thought was my final product, I came up with twelve separate fixable flaws, but I want to know how many you can come up with. Maybe you see a dozen different ones than I do. I have sent this image with the flaws I found to Fellow GG’er for safe keeping and next week I’ll post my dirty dozen with the all the flaws numbered and detailed.

I don't care how long you've been with GG.

I don't care how much experience you have.

Ask around. I have a sense of humor, I have a thick skin and I can take a critique. If you have something to say, or want to say something about my picture-just say it.

Are the flaws fixable or does this need to go in the Do-Over File?

Your eye is different than mine. What do you see when you look at this image? Your thoughts Ladies and Gentlemen?

Rick D. A cropped color original is here.

The Picture for critique and commentary.

View Public Profile Send a private message to rixafter6 Visit rixafter6's homepage! Find More Posts by rixafter6

Re: Hey Nooobies…Find the flaws. (N)
Old 06-30-2005, 03:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fantasiesimage

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 68.103.165.143

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Oh no..this is like a test...besides what Robert Sanders thinks I hate tests!

I'll have to study this one....without studying it...I find ONE...damn Im eleven short....

#1 being the Blacks took out the details of her torso...so it kind of looks pasted in there in this image....

damn I hate tests!

Don.

Old 06-30-2005, 03:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 42373
Send a message via Yahoo to jackell

jackell is offline IP: 65.15.168.67

I don't know about 12 individualy distinguishable flaws but here's my 250 words or less anyway....

I Do not like this image.
The light on her hace is way too harsh and if I had to sum up my opinion of it in one sentence it would be simply: "It looks like a skull with a nice chest." Also the little bit of light left under the chin just seems to ad to the skull effect. considering how much you took the time to contrast completely out, I would have done that bit also. The cheek shadows aren't even which throws the balance off a little for me. I don't like that there's no indication that her feet are anywhere but ....well let's just say anywhere. And while I can't quite put my finger on it (no pun intended) there is just something I do not like about the hands. I'm not sure if it is that the shadows are too harsh or if it is something else.
The shadows right at the armpit are not very becomming either.
Something about the focus/lighting on her right (camera left) arm give a sense of movement that doesn't fit the picture.
How many is that? I count sseven, but I was including the lighting effect that causes it too look like she has a Hitler mustache in the whole skull thing. So eight on the outside.

View Public Profile Send a private message to jackell Visit jackell's homepage! Find More Posts by jackell

Maybe one new one.
Old 06-30-2005, 04:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Don:

I see what you're saying because in the original image there is some detail there.

But I didn't count that as one of the flaws. That was intentional on my part to keep the main focus of the image a high contrast B/W with a low contrast background.

My Photoshop skills are mid level at best, so I might try adding some detail in another version and if it works I'll have a better image because of your input.

I can't believe you only found one. Get DeAnn on the computer.

Rick D.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to rixafter6 Visit rixafter6's homepage! Find More Posts by rixafter6

One for the dumpster
Old 06-30-2005, 04:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

The cheek shadows, the nose shadow, the hands, and the reflection under the chin were flaws I had chosen.

Here's the four you brought up. Her missing feet-new, armpit shadows-new, Quote-"Something about the focus/lighting on her right (camera left) arm give a sense of movement that doesn't fit the picture." Unquote-new (but I don't see it or I don't know what you mean), High contrast-new.

You might be right about her missing feet. She doesn't seem to have enough of a "base".

We are going to differ on the armpit shadows and high contrast though. I feel that the strong armpit shadows are in integeral part of this high contrast image because they define the upper curves of the breasts. I might get rid of the midtone shadows underneath them though. Something I did't notice.

"Skull with a nice chest" is only a part of the meaning of the image. I was going for "gaunt" but you really think it looks like a skull?

You and I picked four out of my twelve, and you brought up a good point about her feet and the shadows under her armpits, but I don't see the high contrast and deep shadows as flaws but assets.

I look forward to your reply.

Rick D.

Re: One for the dumpster
Old 06-30-2005, 05:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 42373
Send a message via Yahoo to jackell

jackell is offline IP: 65.15.168.67

It was more the midtone shadows under her arms I was referring to. not the deep shadows.
I'm not against the high contrast at all but the facial shadows to me pretty much say skull..personal thing I'm sure.
As for the arm, I may not be explaining it well but I think maybe there's a softness of focus or contrast there that, to me, make the arm look like it moved during the shot.
I'm curious to see what the other 8 are that you chose.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to jackell Visit jackell's homepage! Find More Posts by jackell

Re: One for the dumpster
Old 06-30-2005, 06:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Hey man, thanks for your input. I'll post my twelve and the ones that you and others found at the end of the week.

Rick D.

Old 06-30-2005, 07:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
Bawdy Little Monkey

Member GG#: 41173
Comments: 1
Send a message via AIM to SamBeasley Send a message via Yahoo to SamBeasley

SamBeasley is offline IP: 65.4.222.62

Well crap, by the time I get a chance to post, everybody's already said my ideas. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Oh well, that's what I get being late...

Sam
  View Public Profile Send a private message to SamBeasley Visit SamBeasley's homepage! Find More Posts by SamBeasley

Old 06-30-2005, 09:53 PM   #9 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36777
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to StanTom

StanTom is offline IP: 24.239.86.148

Here is was I "see"

trying for a symmetry , the hands seem a bit off and the hair on each side is different( smooth/ messy)

contrast-wise with white and black you have a "grey?" under the chin and breasts
SO should there be some light under the legs/boots area ???

also the shadow under the nose is kinda hitler-ish

if you want the meditation/floating ?? you need more seperation from the background

are you considering the grainy/pixelated background a fixerupper ?

did I get any of the 12 ?
What does the winner get ?
[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
  View Public Profile Send a private message to StanTom Find More Posts by StanTom

Take another crack at it.
Old 06-30-2005, 10:23 PM   #10 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Tsk, tsk tsk.

Maybe next time or maybe you'll see something later.

Rick D.