Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Community Related Forumss > Photo Reviews & Critiques Only

Photo Reviews & Critiques Only Constructive & professional critiques only

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
1st post, 1st time in the studio
Old 06-22-2005, 11:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 44502
Comments: 0

Michael_G_Beach is offline IP: 68.58.191.61

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Thanks for looking. This is from my first time in the studio at a workshop with Charles Umberger in Charlotte, NC. Her name is Angel. Let me have it..
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Michael_G_Beach Visit Michael_G_Beach's homepage! Find More Posts by Michael_G_Beach

Re: 1st post, 1st time in the studio
Old 06-22-2005, 11:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
Free Member

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Another with her and Brooke.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Michael_G_Beach Visit Michael_G_Beach's homepage! Find More Posts by Michael_G_Beach

Old 06-23-2005, 12:56 AM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 37369

n5wd is offline IP: 68.113.203.221

Michael,

First of all, welcome to the world of non-lurkers here on GG! Quite a splash for your first post... beautiful subjects!

On your first image, boy what eyes to drown into! You might consider cropping up a bit from the bottom as that little splash of red (fabric?) is a bit distracting... was she wearing two different lace drapes? Great expsoure except that light on the left side of the face almost blows out her complexion... if you have a photo editing software like Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro, you might burn in that side of the face just the slightest to increase the amount of detail there. It's a beautiful image, though, without doing anything else!

On your second image, good job on the lighting... maybe could use just a smidgen of separation between Angel's right side of her head and the background, but you probably didn't have control of the light setup. Brooke looks like she's slouching a bit, letting her tummy pooch out. It's a lot to watch out for, but poochy tummies aren't usually attractive (unless it's on a seriously pregnant woman). I guess the only other thing is wondering whether Brooke is having fun or what? Her expression, not matching the playfulness/surprise of Angel, is a bit distracting. If both were surprised, or both had the more serious/sensual look, it'd probably be a stronger image.

I THINK one other workshop attendee posted another image of these two girls together, and as I remember there were some serious tan line issues.. either you shot them later, when the lights had a chance to work their magic, or you've already figured out to smooth out the tang lines... either way, nice shots!

Again, welcome!

rwd

This is Nicole... HERE on GG.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to n5wd Visit n5wd's homepage! Find More Posts by n5wd

Old 06-23-2005, 03:43 AM   #4 (permalink)

Member GG#: 42462
Comments: 11
Send a message via Yahoo to Hailey

Hailey is offline IP: 65.188.95.125

Hey Micheal,

Nice to see someone in my area..! Welcome to gg. Im in concord, nc. Take a look at my work and if you would ever like to work together, contact me.!

Brooke is an awesome model, dont think ive met the other model, YET..! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Heres a nice B&W shot charles did of me... i love it. Also tell him hello for me... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Hes also so fun to work with.! Hope to hear from ya..

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Hailey Visit Hailey's homepage! Find More Posts by Hailey

Old 06-23-2005, 06:16 AM   #5 (permalink)
Free Member

[ QUOTE ]
Michael,

First of all, welcome to the world of non-lurkers here on GG! Quite a splash for your first post... beautiful subjects!

On your first image, boy what eyes to drown into! You might consider cropping up a bit from the bottom as that little splash of red (fabric?) is a bit distracting... was she wearing two different lace drapes? Great expsoure except that light on the left side of the face almost blows out her complexion... if you have a photo editing software like Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro, you might burn in that side of the face just the slightest to increase the amount of detail there. It's a beautiful image, though, without doing anything else!

On your second image, good job on the lighting... maybe could use just a smidgen of separation between Angel's right side of her head and the background, but you probably didn't have control of the light setup. Brooke looks like she's slouching a bit, letting her tummy pooch out. It's a lot to watch out for, but poochy tummies aren't usually attractive (unless it's on a seriously pregnant woman).

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the warm welcome. That red is a chaise lounge she was posing on. I've got a couple wide shots with it in there. I agree that it's a little distracting on the closer shot.

As for the lighting on the second one, I just tend to like a more contrasty image. In the original there is more detail in that side of Angel's face. The tan lines were taken out with photoshop, and I'm working on a version that fixes the stomach some. In the meantime, here's a triptych I did of Brooke. Thanks again; I look forward to paricipating here.

Old 06-23-2005, 11:53 AM   #6 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 39206

FrankD is offline IP: 213.84.78.250

LOVE the first one.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to FrankD Visit FrankD's homepage! Find More Posts by FrankD

Old 06-23-2005, 06:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36789
Comments: 1
My Mood:
Send a message via Yahoo to ARTFORMS

ARTFORMS is offline IP: 4.136.207.242

I've met both of them. They live not too far from me and both work at a restaurant that I have been to. Good looking shots by the way.

Jim
  View Public Profile Send a private message to ARTFORMS Visit ARTFORMS's homepage! Find More Posts by ARTFORMS

Old 06-23-2005, 07:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
Free Member

One more from the same shoot..

Old 06-23-2005, 09:58 PM   #9 (permalink)
Still Learning

Member GG#: 36942
Comments: 1
My Mood:

Bonner is offline IP: 69.230.199.197

Nice execution of the many elements of a studio shot. I like the blue, glad it wasn't yellow.

Really like the red thing in the navel.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Bonner Visit Bonner's homepage! Find More Posts by Bonner