Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Community Related Forumss > Photo Reviews & Critiques Only

Photo Reviews & Critiques Only Constructive & professional critiques only

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
I need some feedback
Old 05-18-2005, 07:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 43629
Comments: 0

Paula_Suzanne is offline IP: 63.171.180.111

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

I need some opinions on this one --Paula [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Paula_Suzanne Visit Paula_Suzanne's homepage! Find More Posts by Paula_Suzanne

Re: I need some feedback
Old 05-18-2005, 07:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fantasiesimage

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 68.103.165.143

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Paula....I'm still trying to figure out what that is in your hands...and was it needed? try to imagine this photo without it.. would you have been more beautiful? would the attention been drawn to you? I think so! always condsider that factor when a Photog wants you to hold something...these might have worked better had they been held for thier use..and not just to hide a pretty face to make her look menacing. JMO
Don.

Old 05-18-2005, 08:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
Pro Shooter

Member GG#: 38375
Comments: 2

jimmyd is offline IP: 69.162.72.18

paula, i'm trying to figure out what you're trying to accomplish in this image and the other you posted. it doesn't seem to be about anything: it's not about beauty, though you're quite beautiful. it's not about emotion, though it appears you certainly could project plenty of emotions. it's not about the eternal battle between light and shadow, which is often what makes photos interesting. it's like it's about... uhhmmm.. i don't know ... just shooting something different? shooting something weird? trying to be artsy for artsy-ness sake? (and i am trying to be gentle... i'm a gentlemen, ya know... well, sorta and sometimes.)

i also don't get the makeup effect. i don't get the blue tint. i don't get that thing in your hands--what is it? a blade? i do get goth, but i don't get it here. again, i'm not busting your ovaries, i just feel like this stuff is like a story without a theme or a plot. i dunno. maybe i'm being a *****. but i seriously don't get it. (but just so ya know, there's a lot of stuff that gets posted here i don't get... so don't take it like you're the lone ranger.)

View Public Profile Send a private message to jimmyd Visit jimmyd's homepage! Find More Posts by jimmyd

Old 05-18-2005, 09:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
Summer

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 24.162.157.56

I would at least lower the blade in your hand. Look directly at the lens and keep a bit of symetry to the eye makeup, it might be a bit less distracting. Personally, I like the blue a lot. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

:) HIYAS PAULA
Old 05-19-2005, 02:16 AM   #5 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 42400

MartinaSmith is offline IP: 24.91.85.52

For me, and this is just an opinion from someone who was once learning photography, I wouldn't have had the knife covering your face. I think it would have been a far more menacing picture if you had say been standing holding the knife in one hand by your side, with the blade(hehe I own one just like that one) turned so we could see how mean it's curves and cuts really are.
And like have you in one of those midevil stances of like say you were about to attack someone.

That's what comes to my mind Paula. As for this pic in itself, I think we should see more of you and less of the knife. The blue tint is neat. But I don't feel drawn to the pic. I don't feel like I am feeling any emotion from it.
Like when I look at some pics, I can feel the anguish, or the happiness, or the anger. See what I am saying hon?

Don't be discouraged though Paula. Keep trying and working at it. You'll get there hon.

Martina

P.S. I go to Plattsburgh every few months. Isn't it just beautiful up there?
  View Public Profile Send a private message to MartinaSmith Find More Posts by MartinaSmith

Old 05-19-2005, 03:26 AM   #6 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 36639
Send a message via Skype™ to BarryTreleaven

BarryTreleaven is offline IP: 202.6.138.42

Paula the eyesight is obviously a bit wonky with some of our esteemed photographers is the prop you are holding from a batman movie (BOOMARANG) assie description(Maybe I saw the detail because living down under we see thigs upsidedown and the bat boomerang is being held upside down.
With every theme type of shot the devil is in the detail,to me you look a little cramped for space, even twisting the bat thing a little would clear the face area,the shot does have some goth overtones to it to me the camera angle is to high eye level would change the perspective of the shot considerable.
As I do not have any similar shots to show you I will post a neg scan 5x4 of a table lamp my title is the perfect model never answers back and all you have to do is turn her on! ( keep posting my work has improved just by looking and seeing the considerable talent on this forum)
regards
Barry Treleaven
www.southlandimages.net

View Public Profile Send a private message to BarryTreleaven Visit BarryTreleaven's homepage! Find More Posts by BarryTreleaven

Old 05-19-2005, 07:16 AM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 40476

RM_Drake is offline IP: 66.32.222.249

I like the shot, agree with the comments about the blade, disagree with the resident A$$. You might want to lighten the whites of the eyes a bit, just as a contrast to the "all blue" look. I made an 11x14 of the shot below, put it on my mantle, and tried to figure out what bothered me about it. I went back in, lightened the eye-whites a bit (not totally), reprinted it, and like it better. Now the eyes seem to follow you as you walk around the room. It's totally art, of course, so your taste may be different, but you may want to try it both ways and see which you like better. --Randy

View Public Profile Send a private message to RM_Drake Visit RM_Drake's homepage! Find More Posts by RM_Drake

Old 05-19-2005, 10:17 PM   #8 (permalink)
Free Member

Paula_Suzanne is offline IP: 63.171.180.92

Thank you too all except ELFanwhatever That was F-in rude. Maybe you should stick your picture up here for all to judge and I hope you get people replying as rude as you were. I was tring out something different and sometimes people like it and sometimes they don't it's called being creative.

To all others especially Martha and Summer thank you for sticking up for me even if you don't know me. To Martha I went to e-mail you and you took everything down and I was wondering why? I hope you didn't get some jerk like ELFanucchi comments get you down. Please keep trying your so young nows the time. E-mail me if you want --Paula
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Paula_Suzanne Visit Paula_Suzanne's homepage! Find More Posts by Paula_Suzanne

Old 05-20-2005, 07:10 AM   #9 (permalink)
Free Member

I'll try the idea about the whites of the eyes. I really liked your example --Thanks Paula

Old 05-20-2005, 04:39 PM   #10 (permalink)
Free Member

I lighten the eyes and I like it a lot better --What do you think? Thanks for the helpful comment.