Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Community Related Forumss > Photo Reviews & Critiques Only

Photo Reviews & Critiques Only Constructive & professional critiques only

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Had a busy but great photography week...(3 images)
Old 05-13-2005, 09:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
GWC Extraordinaire

Member GG#: 40697
Comments: 0
Send a message via MSN to The_Glamour_Spot Send a message via Yahoo to The_Glamour_Spot

The_Glamour_Spot is offline IP: 24.238.176.54

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Well, my intent is not to hog the forums, but I had the luxury of shooting with 3 models this week and have just booked 6 more...I just hope the grandmothers take their meds and stay off the streets... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I need to explain these images...Monica was supposed to come to my studios. Sheis visiting from out of town and couldn't find a ride. Due to her location I decided to meet her at her friends home for some boudoir shots. When I arrived, the homeowners baby was asleep in the bedroom so we had to create a makeshift studio in the living room. I had my cheap portable lights and difusers and made the best of it. I then called a friend who recently installed a pool and we ran over there to take some poolside shots. It was aroung 6:30 and clouds were rolling in rather quickly. I metered originally at
f2.8 1/2000...within 10 minutes I was at 1/800 then 1/400...the sun was peeking in and out of the clouds and behind trees. So it was an experience...

If any of you OUTDOOR shooters would care to provide some tips or advice under these conditions, please feel free to jump in...
...otherwise here are a few images on an IMPROMPTU session...

Let me have it...I'm thick skinned...
  View Public Profile Send a private message to The_Glamour_Spot Visit The_Glamour_Spot's homepage! Find More Posts by The_Glamour_Spot

Re: Had a busy but great photography week...(3 images)
Old 05-13-2005, 10:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fantasiesimage

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 68.103.165.143

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Geeeze Bobby! quit hoggin the forum!!! I tried to log on...I got an error message said "Please Try back later Bobby is hoggin Bandwidth!" waka waka...On a serious Note..I'll be interested in reading this thread..I know Diddly Squat about outdoor shots!
Don.

Old 05-13-2005, 10:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
GWC Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to The_Glamour_Spot Send a message via Yahoo to The_Glamour_Spot

Well I don't know about that..this image is pretty damn nice...

I hate posting this late...East coast is in bed...Middle states are getting ready for bed and the left coast...Hell JimmyD is probably just waking up... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I hope it gets some run, I want to get some feedback and some ideas...

Man, D looks FINE in this shot... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
  View Public Profile Send a private message to The_Glamour_Spot Visit The_Glamour_Spot's homepage! Find More Posts by The_Glamour_Spot

Old 05-14-2005, 12:58 AM   #4 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 42806

vsrdan is offline IP: 24.208.88.244

Hey Bobby,

The first two images are not f/2.8, am I right?

If you are shooting near water, better to have some reflectors, too. However, it all depends on how much natural light you got. My last shoot was just like what you have experinced here. Light was changing constantly and very fast.

"Short" (up to 70mm - as I've experienced) lenses work better at low light. A 50m fixed would be much better I think (I don't use one though). I was trying to use a 70-300mm (above case) and it was not very easy (I didn't use any lights, just on-camera flash once or twice).

Now this depends on what camera you use: Set the camera's color settings to a "higher" level than normal (e g. set it to an enhanced level, not to auto or normal level). With lights and flash, etc. skin tones (+ background colors, too) appear much better with enhanced or "higher" color setting (I am referring to the first picture here). You didn't use flash for the second and third ones (?) I guess - in such cases color is going to be OK without changing "normal" settings of the camera. Again, best choice is to have a reflector (if you are going to use one, use a gold one). Also, a CPL filter and a lens hood would be very useful - specially near water. I use them all the time in outdoors.

I don't know if my comments were of any use, I am not an expert [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I like your second picture best!
  View Public Profile Send a private message to vsrdan Visit vsrdan's homepage! Find More Posts by vsrdan

Old 05-14-2005, 02:05 AM   #5 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 43784

tmshots is offline IP: 24.20.252.67

Yes, I'm new to the forums and all but very cute girl. Outa town from where? hehe. On the note of lighting, yes best I can think of to do is reflector work. Mother nature can always be a bugger and we have to taylor around her sometimes.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to tmshots Visit tmshots's homepage! Find More Posts by tmshots

Old 05-14-2005, 07:55 AM   #6 (permalink)
GWC Extraordinaire

I may have been a stop or 2 above f2.8 in these shots. This was at the end of the shoot and the sun had actually dropped behind some tall Pines...which actually serverd as a nice filter BTW. I have EVERYTHING you mentioned...problem is, I planned on shooting BOUDOIR...but the "baby in the bed" syndrome made us change our plans and I didn't have that equipment with me at the time. I think some fill flash would have helped, but the reflector would have been hit or miss due to the lack of reflectable light.