Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Community Related Forumss > Photo Reviews & Critiques Only

Photo Reviews & Critiques Only Constructive & professional critiques only

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Critique a close up please.
Old 02-28-2005, 07:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fantasiesimage

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 68.103.165.143

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

took this one the other day, thought it had a sexy appeal to it. What could I have done to make it sexier? or could I?

Re: Critique a close up please.
Old 02-28-2005, 08:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
Pro Shooter

Member GG#: 38375
Comments: 2

jimmyd is offline IP: 69.175.243.184

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

she's got some bee-yoo-tee-full hair! but the strands in the face ain't cuttin' it.

in shots like these, try bouncing a little fill off a white board from under her face to take out the shadows under eyes--she doesn't have bad shadows there, and she certainly ain't sportin' tea bags, but i think it would help give her face a bit of a "glow."

a little more eye makeup would also help, IMO.

your crop/framing could probly "cheat" a bit more to the right to be in compliance with the rule of thirds. ( i'm afraid i'm going to have to cite you for a misdemeanor 'rule of thirds" violation. sorry. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] )

are you using photoshop cs? if so, make a layer and add a warming filter from the photo filters. it should really bring out the color-- not just in her face, but in that auburn mane.

watch the light spill on her chest at the bottom left. it's distracting. if that were in shadow, i thnk it would help the image a lot.

View Public Profile Send a private message to jimmyd Visit jimmyd's homepage! Find More Posts by jimmyd

Old 02-28-2005, 09:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fantasiesimage

Member GG#:
Comments:

Jimmy! Thank you very much for your Critique..its critiques like this that really do help us "newbies" alot!! that being said by the photographer.
Now on to the questions from the Model "Wife" She said you just about knocked her out of her chair with the compliment on her hair. and would like you to explain what exactly you mean when referring to more by "eye makeup" in detail.
mmm nothing like make up tips from a man!! lol!

Old 02-28-2005, 10:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
GWC Extraordinaire

Member GG#: 40697
Comments: 0
Send a message via MSN to The_Glamour_Spot Send a message via Yahoo to The_Glamour_Spot

The_Glamour_Spot is offline IP: 24.238.176.54

I wouldn't begin to critique the photo...not qualified...but I agree with Jimmy and would like to add, not only beautiful hair, but gorgeous eyes and lips to die for...she is a beautiful lady...and I'm a softie for pretty hair...

View Public Profile Send a private message to The_Glamour_Spot Visit The_Glamour_Spot's homepage! Find More Posts by The_Glamour_Spot

oh sure
Old 02-28-2005, 10:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
Pro Shooter

Member GG#: 38375
Comments: 2

jimmyd is offline IP: 69.175.243.184

ya want me to get in touch with my feminine side? all that mess i started with the "lets talk sex" post and some people now thinking i'm a perv when i shoot and now i'm gonna risk people thinking i'm a little light in the loafers.

alright, i'll risk it.

tell your lady she's pretty much got the lips right, tho she could lighten up a little with the dark liner around the outside edges and to be careful with the color cuz she ain't exactly deep-bronze-skinned.

i can't tell how much blush she's using cuz of the hair. is she using a foundation? if not, she should. but if she uses it, be careful it doesn't overly conflict with the rest of her skin color, expecially if shez gonna be shot in varying stages of undress.

she can definitely go about 20-30% heavier with the eyes. i'm not talking mascara unless she's going for a certain mascara-ey look, but the eye shadow could be increased and maybe the eyebrows. is she wearing eyelashes in the image? i can't really tell, but if not, they work good for pics.

in general, when you're using artificial light like strobes or whatever, the brilliance of the brief flash is gonna overpower some of the makeup. that's why i'm saying 20-30% heavier cuz it ain't gonna look that much heavier in the shot. don't, btw, do this for natural light... altho she can maybe bo 10% heavier for that.

and just so ya know, i'm not a makeup consultant for revlon, far from it. but i kinda know what looks good when i see it. when i'm working gigs with MUAs i'm kind of a nuisance with them sometimes.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to jimmyd Visit jimmyd's homepage! Find More Posts by jimmyd

Re: oh sure
Old 02-28-2005, 10:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
Fantasiesimage

Member GG#:
Comments:

You know when I started this hobby I never imagined there was so much "Detail" to pay attention to. All you great photographers have me looking at everything in a completely different way...however Im missing alot of content on televisions shows,magazines ect. because I no longer pay attention to whats going on...Im too busy looking at backgrounds,compositions,lighting,makeup.
Dang! I watched the news for a half hour lastnight..had no clue what they said.
Thanks guys for giving me another way to look at the world!
Don!

Re: oh sure
Old 02-28-2005, 11:12 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member GG#: 42405
Send a message via AIM to Make-up by DeAnn Send a message via Yahoo to Make-up by DeAnn

Make-up by DeAnn is offline IP: 68.103.165.143

Dang now I have to go shopping woh is me. Thank you Jimmy for taking the time. I did put that stuff on 30% more then I usually do. I have been looking really close at the makeup end of it and I do like what I see. I know I have a lot to learn and we practice almost daily with this pose or that pose. Hey baby what's in your wallet? I have to go shopping now.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Make-up by DeAnn Visit Make-up by DeAnn's homepage! Find More Posts by Make-up by DeAnn

Old 03-02-2005, 10:19 AM   #8 (permalink)
Biker by the Grace of God

Member GG#: 35237

dynamike is offline IP: 69.21.92.10

I love these types of images, but the strands acros the face are a little distracting.

Mike

View Public Profile Send a private message to dynamike Visit dynamike's homepage! Find More Posts by dynamike

Old 03-02-2005, 02:28 PM   #9 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 37943

cindavphoto is offline IP: 216.229.94.144

Have her try to open her mouth just a little. Just enough to breath through her mouth. I find this really makes a difference.

Cinnamon
  View Public Profile Send a private message to cindavphoto Visit cindavphoto's homepage! Find More Posts by cindavphoto