Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Community Related Forumss > Photo Reviews & Critiques Only

Photo Reviews & Critiques Only Constructive & professional critiques only

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Too much??
Old 02-20-2005, 01:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
GWC Extraordinaire

Member GG#: 40697
Comments: 0
Send a message via MSN to The_Glamour_Spot Send a message via Yahoo to The_Glamour_Spot

The_Glamour_Spot is offline IP: 24.238.176.54

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Looking for comments on this image. I love her smile here, and wanted to give this image a soft feel. This "look" really identifies with her personality, BUT is it overdone??

comments appreciated....

Used diffused glow filter in PS and tried to "blend" some wild hairs near bottom left...I didn't do extremely well. If any one would like to enhance this area, be my guest....
  View Public Profile Send a private message to The_Glamour_Spot Visit The_Glamour_Spot's homepage! Find More Posts by The_Glamour_Spot

Re: Too much??
Old 02-20-2005, 02:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 38438
My Mood:

girlfair is offline IP: 69.40.209.78

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

I've looked at this picture about ten times. I guess this time I'll reply. It's got a problem I can't seem to qualify. First, of course, no question, the model is lovely, makeup pretty and flattering, wardrobe the same. Great pose and a really pleasant picture. I can detect the DG, but I don't think it's overdone. Maybe I just think it needs a tad more contrast. Either that, or soften the clear amount in DG even more and make a "watermark" photo. I don't know, I don't want to sound too critical, it has all the makings of a great image, it's just missing......something [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

..this image, cropped and "softened" for a schedule and weekly scoreboard background (printed on top with black ink) was what I meant by a "watermark" photo.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to girlfair Visit girlfair's homepage! Find More Posts by girlfair

Old 02-20-2005, 09:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 37369

n5wd is offline IP: 68.113.203.221

Bobby,
[ QUOTE ]
I love her smile here, and wanted to give this image a soft feel. This "look" really identifies with her personality, BUT is it overdone??

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, specifically to your question about being overdone - I'm assuming you're asking about the effects you've applied in, most likely, Photoshop: say, a bit of Gaussian blur and some diffuse glow?

No, I don't think it's overdone, at least for something that she (or Mom) might be looking to hang on the wall. It's a bit more than what you normally see in the 'glam' images, here, but that doesn't distract me from her face, and eyes.

Now, though you didn't ask.. what does distract is the lack of detail in the blouse and the almost washed-out appearance of her hand and forearm. I would have liked to see more detail there.. and would have preferred a bit warmer look to the image.. too cool for my taste.

Didja happen to get one, in the same basic pose, where her gaze was a bit more directly into the camera lens? That would have improved the image, as well, IMHO.

Beautiful image with a lovely young lady... well done!

Wayne

soft is nice... this is Deborah
  View Public Profile Send a private message to n5wd Visit n5wd's homepage! Find More Posts by n5wd

Old 02-20-2005, 09:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
GWC Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to The_Glamour_Spot Send a message via Yahoo to The_Glamour_Spot

Thanks Jack...I feel somewhat the same way. I am by no means a pro at this PS thing, and I am trying to let my images speak for themselves straight from the camera with minimal PS retouching ( but I sure like that DG doohicky [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]). As I was working with this paricular image, for some reason the "mood" it portrays reminded me of Jessica and so I left well enough alone...

I may try and add some contrast later and see how I feel about the results.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to The_Glamour_Spot Visit The_Glamour_Spot's homepage! Find More Posts by The_Glamour_Spot

Old 02-20-2005, 10:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
GWC Extraordinaire

[ QUOTE ]
Didja happen to get one, in the same basic pose, where her gaze was a bit more directly into the camera lens?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wayne, I didn't...and now that you mention it I wish I did. I can see how a similar pose, looking "through" the camera could make it a more of a "connected" touch rather than the senior portarit look it has. I'm kinda like a kid with a new toy with PS. The images I am retouching for her I am not going overboard in PS, some blemish correction, slight sharpening, resizing etc. This one just struck me as a very nice look for this young lady.

Thanks for you response

Old 02-20-2005, 10:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 37789

Allen_P is offline IP: 68.1.70.45

Works for me...with exception to that lower left area. But, I ain't no studio guy so I don't know how to tell ya to work it [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

ap
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Allen_P Find More Posts by Allen_P

Old 02-20-2005, 11:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
GWC Extraordinaire

Me neither...I'll have to refer to my PS coach to help me there...

Thanks Alan...and as always, you're my hero...another home run with that one...

BTW, I'll be in Destin in late May...love to drink a cup of coffee with you if are available....I'll even buy..

Old 02-20-2005, 11:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 37789

Allen_P is offline IP: 68.1.70.45

Well, I'm not a coffee drinker, but, I'll have a coke and a smile [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. Let me know when you get closer to heading this way so we can exchange numbers.

You gonna bring your camera?

ap
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Allen_P Find More Posts by Allen_P

Old 02-21-2005, 12:11 AM   #9 (permalink)
GWC Extraordinaire

ABSOLUTELY...I also wanted you to get some shots of my wife on the beach. I showed her your port and she was very impressed, so I suggested she work with you if your time allows..We usually stay for about 5 or 6 days...I 'll update you as the date gets closer..