Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Community Related Forumss > Photo Reviews & Critiques Only

Photo Reviews & Critiques Only Constructive & professional critiques only

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Shots from today
Old 12-11-2004, 06:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 38048
Comments: 0
Send a message via AIM to RSStory Send a message via MSN to RSStory Send a message via Yahoo to RSStory

RSStory is offline IP: 68.72.8.103

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

As always, Let me know what is good and what sucks. Thanks

Model is Devyn.

View Public Profile Send a private message to RSStory Visit RSStory's homepage! Find More Posts by RSStory

Re: Shots from today
Old 12-11-2004, 09:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
**DONOTDELETE**

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 67.80.84.62

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Ok...tough love coming....stop reading here if ya dont want it.....

Ok...Im assuming ya wanna know...

Same expression in three of the shots......worse the expression doesnt work with the outfit..the third expression is the closest to what "SHOULD" work....but she looks more pissed than seductive or sultry....the outfit shows skin and is more conducive to sultry....not as we say down south a sh*t eating grin...

First shot the veins on the back of the hands stand out....have her relax and just rest them there not actually grip...or hold....

Second shot...the fonzie heeeeey sign....remember....natural is better than forced....

Third shot is the best of the bunch

Forth shot....what is the purpose of it.....is it a headshot...or showing off her chest??? It would be a much stronger shot if ya cropped....but remember...if ya gonna crop like the top of the hair.....crop like ya mean it.....dont go halfway.....

Once again these are only my opinion and as such it worth about as much as you value it....

Rick

I try to avoid giving critques anymore... I wind up in trouble too much...
Old 12-11-2004, 10:14 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member GG#: 35406

Al_Nowak is offline IP: 68.255.77.34

but since you asked.

She has a nice smile. But there's too much of it. If she had taken it down just a bit I think the images would have turned out much better. There is also something going on with her eyebrows that makes the left eye look higher than the right. That gives her face a strange sort of forced look.

The leather/vinyl jacket hangs very straight on the sides, and the sides run parallel to the open front. Thus images 1 and 2 don't flatter what appears to be a very nice figure.

Image 3 has a strange right arm. Since you can't see her hand, it looks like the lower arm is missing. I'd be very tempted to pull that image into PhotoShop and take the right arm out from about breast level down and maybe even a little of the jacket to avoid a straight line down her front. I'd aim to go from breast level to the jeans with a slight indent to mirror the shadow on her tummy.

The lighting seems pretty flat. I'd have preferred a bit more shadow to give her face/body more shaping.

But whaddo I know...

View Public Profile Send a private message to Al_Nowak Find More Posts by Al_Nowak

Old 12-11-2004, 10:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Send a message via AIM to RSStory Send a message via MSN to RSStory Send a message via Yahoo to RSStory

You were right....I did want to know.

question for you on the 4th image. How would you have cropped it? I wasnt sure where I wanted it cropped and I am actually still playing with that one so your advice would be great.

I post images here to learn from you folks, and I gladly accept input from all. I think I must have done something right as I think this is the first post of my images that you resonded to. Well, I guess it could have been that you were just extremely bored and said to yourself what the heck, it is either respond to this post or go do the dishes... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Either way thanks for the input. I do appreciate it.

Scott
  View Public Profile Send a private message to RSStory Visit RSStory's homepage! Find More Posts by RSStory

Old 12-11-2004, 10:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
**DONOTDELETE**

Member GG#:
Comments:

Hope you dont mind...I grabbed it and did a quick crop to give you an idea...see how it changes the focus of the image?

Lol...I dont respond to alot of posts as I by no means am a glamour shooter....and as such dont respond to posts with that focus.....I leave that to the more advanced glamour shooters than I....

Heres a view of the crop....

I would have prefered to crop more fo the forehead out but with the image it would have thrown it way off ....

Rick

Old 12-11-2004, 11:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Great...thanks. I see what you mean now. Thanks again I appreciate it. And, always feel free to give your opinion on my images. I really like the work I have seen from you and would always welcome your critiques.

Scott

Old 12-11-2004, 11:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 38762

Foto_Highway is offline IP: 24.253.146.62

I think she looks uncomfortable. Like, not relaxed for the shoot.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Foto_Highway Visit Foto_Highway's homepage! Find More Posts by Foto_Highway

Old 12-11-2004, 11:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
**DONOTDELETE**

Member GG#:
Comments:

Scott...

It all breaks down to what you are aiming for...no worries...I happened to be wasting time cause I didnt want to go do post on the shoot from today....I will keep an eye out for your post and drop a comment whenever I get time...

Rick

Old 12-11-2004, 11:35 PM   #9 (permalink)
Wizard_Sleeve

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 62.253.96.44

Just a quick thing (Please Remember im looking at this at 4:33am) Is it me or does the models eyes look wonkey on image 4 the more i look at it the worse it looks. this is not down to the photo but it might be her eye brows that make it look more defined.

Lee [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-11-2004, 11:58 PM   #10 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35613

Montana is offline IP: 66.109.133.187

just comments from a novice ... the first several photos seem cold and uninspiring, as if the model is not relaxed ... the last more close up photo is a keeper, perhaps because of the smile (and maybe for me beacause there is less cold white space - just a personal preference). But listen to more experienced photographers, I'm just giving you a gut reaction.

Steve
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Montana Find More Posts by Montana