Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Community Related Forumss > Photo Reviews & Critiques Only

Photo Reviews & Critiques Only Constructive & professional critiques only

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Melissa
Old 09-24-2004, 03:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 38048
Comments: 0
Send a message via AIM to RSStory Send a message via MSN to RSStory Send a message via Yahoo to RSStory

RSStory is offline IP: 67.38.152.241

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

These are from a shoot last Friday. Any comments are appreciated as always.

View Public Profile Send a private message to RSStory Visit RSStory's homepage! Find More Posts by RSStory

Re: Melissa
Old 09-24-2004, 03:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 38485

photoTexas is offline IP: 66.76.43.121

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

the color and contrast look a little funny on my system...
Mac osx
  View Public Profile Send a private message to photoTexas Find More Posts by photoTexas

Old 09-24-2004, 08:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36016
Comments: 2
My Mood:

mhickey is offline IP: 66.68.34.115

Scott

Heck I might never have seen these. My own feeling is there are too many forums here now. I flat do not have the time to wander through every forum looking for what interests me. I agree with Casey, the colors are flat and there is little contrast. Before you get your Fruit of the Looms in a wad I suspect that much has been lost in the conversion to the web, as happens often with my images that people puke on. So back to the other side of feedback.

#1 - She has nice hips but the pose over accentuates them, bad for some but exciting to others.

#2 - I have no clue what her hand is doing and I am sorry an elephant and a peanut do not go with the look this woman is giving me.

#3 - You are close, teach her how to open the mouth as if she has just released a gasp, and all will be cool.

# 4 - Head back, mouth open and lose the purple boa, it grabs too much attention.

You are cooking and you have a model with potential. The two of you need to understand each other and talk more before the session begins. She does not need to be hesitant about releasing who she is in front of your lens.

Great work.

Mike
  View Public Profile Send a private message to mhickey Visit mhickey's homepage! Find More Posts by mhickey

Old 09-24-2004, 09:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Send a message via AIM to RSStory Send a message via MSN to RSStory Send a message via Yahoo to RSStory

Mike,

Fruit of the Looms???? Do they still make those? LOL

Awsome critique Mike. Thanks for all the tips. That is the perfect example of those of us that are at the begining of this type of photography need from those of you that are more advanced. Now if we could just get more of you giving critiques like that to us then we could all improve faster. That is exactly why I was interested in this forum. And to be honest, I have pretty much given up on getting any constructive critiques here. You have re-newed my faith in this site. Thanks for passing on your knowledge and advice. I really do appreciate it.

Scott
  View Public Profile Send a private message to RSStory Visit RSStory's homepage! Find More Posts by RSStory

Old 09-25-2004, 02:01 AM   #5 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 39206

FrankD is offline IP: 213.84.78.250

Hi,
Love the model and the idea's really creative.
What you could try is the following.

Try to move the model close to the softboxes or umbrella's if you use them.
Place 2 flashes on the back for the blowout, if that's not enough use a bit of PS to get the back a solid white.

Check your histogram on the camera and make absolutly sure there is some blackdetail there (it happend to me all the time a few months ago that when I'm not secure I shift the whole spectrum to the right and get dull shots), you can adjust this a bit in PS with curves (also the background will get solid white in your shots if you use that), but better is to get it right when shooting.

Greetings,
Frank
  View Public Profile Send a private message to FrankD Visit FrankD's homepage! Find More Posts by FrankD

Old 09-25-2004, 08:15 AM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36016
Comments: 2
My Mood:

mhickey is offline IP: 66.68.34.115

Hey if they brought back those guys dressed up as fruit the commercials would be a hit again. I know what you mean about losing out on critiques. I for one do not come down to this section that often because I spend too much time in the Main Section, and that is becoming more of a free for all. So perhaps I should spend time down here first.

Now that I have my power pack fixed I have some shoots in the next few weeks. That is, if the models really show. I'm going to see my grandson mid- October so I can really shoot till my finger falls off. You keep posting and I'll give you feedback. I meant what I said you are rolling and you've got a good model there.

Mike
  View Public Profile Send a private message to mhickey Visit mhickey's homepage! Find More Posts by mhickey

Old 09-25-2004, 09:01 AM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Thanks Frank. I appreciate the tips and will put them into use.

Scott

Old 09-25-2004, 09:15 AM   #8 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Mike. Thanks for the encouragement and tips, I do appreciate them. My wife and I looked at your grandson's website and we both just loved the pic of him flipping the bird to mom. We laughed so hard at that one.

Enjoy your role as grandpa and teach them all that you can. I am also a grandpa. My teanage daughter got pregnant and delivered twins. You can imagine the turmoil when my wife and I found out that our 14 year old daughter was pregnant. She delivered her twin boys on April 9th 2003 and they were premature and both died on the day they were born. I dont get to pass on my knowledge to those boys, but I am not sad about that. Only my grandsons could achomplish their goals in less then a day and be able to leave this world. LOL The reality is that we believe that their mission in this life was to save the life of their mother. And they did that in a big way. She turned her life around, is an A student again, isnt hanging out with drugies and losers anymore and most importantly, after the delivery the doctors discovered that my daughter had cervical cancer. At 14? That just isnt normal. So, I guess the point of all this is... Enjoy that grandson, and know that he came into your family for a reason. Maybe he will take what you teach him and be the next Ansel Adams, or better yet.... maybe he will just be himself and love his grandpa. I cant wait to see the shots of him that you get but I would suggest that you stop shooting before your fingers fall off. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Again, thanks for the critique.

Scott