Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Community Related Forumss > Photo Reviews & Critiques Only

Photo Reviews & Critiques Only Constructive & professional critiques only

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
New Swimsuit of Jessa and Andy
Old 07-28-2004, 02:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Biker by the Grace of God

Member GG#: 35237
Comments: 0

dynamike is offline IP: 69.128.128.22

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

A few weeks ago, Jessa, Andy and I went out to the beach for some eye candy type photos. Posted below are the results. Please critique or praise at will. Rick, I did take some of your advice. Can you see it?
Model: Jessa

Model: Andy

Thanks,
Mike
  View Public Profile Send a private message to dynamike Visit dynamike's homepage! Find More Posts by dynamike

Red x\'s
Old 07-28-2004, 07:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 37576

rixafter6 is offline IP: 68.86.70.5

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Is what I see. Is your web site down? I tried getting there but "could not be found on this server"

Which one of the 200 Rick's are you refering too?

Rick D.

View Public Profile Send a private message to rixafter6 Visit rixafter6's homepage! Find More Posts by rixafter6

Re: Red x\'s
Old 07-28-2004, 08:12 PM   #3 (permalink)

dynamike is offline IP: 69.128.129.158

Rick,

My site is back up now. I guess it's time to invoke the 99.9% uptime guarentee. As I figure, ny site was down for about four hours. I couldn't access email and a tracerout showed timeout.

Anyway, enough techie stuff. You should be able to view images now. Oh, and I meant Rick Hughes.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to dynamike Visit dynamike's homepage! Find More Posts by dynamike

As an aside...
Old 07-29-2004, 09:06 AM   #4 (permalink)
King of Useless Facts

Member GG#: 35691
Send a message via AIM to StMarc

StMarc is offline IP: 67.100.161.234

Who else can no longer look at a picture of a model cupping her breasts without hearing Sarah Michelle Gellar's SNL sketch in which she did a commercial for "Holding Your Own Boobs" Magazine?

Just curious.

M
  View Public Profile Send a private message to StMarc Visit StMarc's homepage! Find More Posts by StMarc

That was just a random thought!
Old 07-29-2004, 01:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
King of Useless Facts

I did not mean to imply that the pose was cliched in general or not done well in the message in particular. It's a classic glamour pose. It's just that I found the skit in question so Amusing that now it plays in my head almost every time I see such a photo.

M
  View Public Profile Send a private message to StMarc Visit StMarc's homepage! Find More Posts by StMarc

Okay, actual comments this time.
Old 07-29-2004, 03:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
King of Useless Facts

1) This is exposed well but the model's pose looks a little awkward - her feet look like they're fluttering, and her hinder is at an odd elevation relative to her head. Assuming her fingertips are cropped because that's the edge of the frame, I would have cropped tight to camera left just to see how that looked.

2) This is nice. Again, I might have cropped it tighter to see how I liked it. The white background of the webpage makes it look underexposed, but it isn't, I don't think. If I were going to display it on a white background I might lighten it up a little.

3) (Shut up, Sarah Michelle! I'm not *listening*!) Good framing, but the shadows on her face, while her hands are in sunlight, look a little odd. Her hair is shadowing her face excessively, I think. The shallow DOF is nice for this picture, I would have tried going even shallower if I could.

4) This is nice too. See comments on #2 re: apparent underexposure.

5) I think I see what you were trying to do with the light on this one, but again, she just looks kinda... dark. The cluttered dark green background subdues her further, and she wasn't all that energetic (exposurewise) in the first place. The sun needs to be closer to directly behind her.

6) I like this one, except for the sorta extra-brazen stance of her legs. Might've been fun to try to catch a wave right at her feet if things were working that way.

M

Re: New Swimsuit of Jessa and Andy
Old 07-29-2004, 05:48 PM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 37576

rixafter6 is offline IP: 68.86.70.5

Hey Mike:

No more red x's.

#1 I think could have worked better if sher body was positioned more toward the camera or if she stretched out a little more. I also would have liked to see the complete reflection.

#2 I like this one but I would have panned a little more to the right and cropped down to the wave ready to break.

#3 A reflector could have helped you here.

#4 The way #2 should look. I know this is a nit pick but if her left leg was just a few more inches further out....

#5 I like what you've done with the sun light and shadows here just pump up the contrast.

#6 I think if her heels were turned toward the ocean a little it would've thrown her left hip more toward the camera and it wouldn't have been so much of a straight on shot. Also the fast shutter speed seems to be more noticeable in the wave action than the others. It's producing what looks to be *dust spots*. I know it's "frozen" wave foam, but a spot's a spot.

All in all these are some very nice shots and my comments may be just nit picking but they look a lot better than those red x's.

Rick D.

View Public Profile Send a private message to rixafter6 Visit rixafter6's homepage! Find More Posts by rixafter6

Re: That was just a random thought!
Old 07-29-2004, 08:44 PM   #8 (permalink)

dynamike is offline IP: 69.128.129.158

Don't worry about it Marc. As I said in the PM, I didn't see the skit, so I didn't understand your humor. You didn't hurt my feelings. The hardest part about showing another photographer my book is the fact that I know he/she is looking at with a critical eye. It's just awful sitting there waiting for a response. I appreciate yours even though I didn't get it. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Mike