Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Community Related Forumss > Off Topic

Off Topic Absolutely no Politics or Religion--talk about anything else!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
The Real Color of White-Lighting & Alien Bees
Old 10-21-2007, 09:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamour™

Member GG#: 1
Comments: 10
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to rolandogomez

rolandogomez is offline IP: 70.125.157.219

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Everyone knows I'm not a fan of Alien Bees or White Lighting products. While there are some great photographers that use their products, I can assure you, my opinion has not changed. Here's another reason why...

Thanks, rg sends!

Click for larger version
The Real Color of White-Lighting & Alien Bees 
Photographer & Author author of five photography books. My newest book is Socially Smart: Twitter Plus Facebook, Marketing Multipliers And Brand Boosters Click here for My Tweet Workshop Information and the Photo Blog
  View Public Profile Send a private message to rolandogomez Visit rolandogomez's homepage! Find More Posts by rolandogomez

Re: The Real Color of White-Lighting & Alien Bees
Old 10-21-2007, 10:31 AM   #2 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 39216
Comments: 2
Send a message via MSN to isaiahbrink Send a message via Yahoo to isaiahbrink

isaiahbrink is offline IP: 98.192.161.107

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

All this from the CEO of a major corporation? Makes me wonder why his PR people let him out into the public, that's a few steps worse than bad PR. While I've always believed that it's not so much the equipment that makes the image, but the photographer, as somebody who has yet to purchase studio lights, this leaves a bad taste in my mouth in regards to Allen Bee's.

Old 10-21-2007, 01:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 37304
Comments: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to trwphoto

trwphoto is offline IP: 12.108.210.155

I never saw the statements Paul was answering to. Just his entries.
Rolando, I have a lot of respect for you and Paul. He took an idea and made it into something that benifits allot of people like me. No way could I ever aford the lighting equiptment you talk about here, Paul's stuff has served me well over the years, and I have never had any problem with them. Wen I had a question about their products their customer service has always been courteous and frendly. I wish I could know everything going on between you two but I don't think it is serving you or Paul to keep kicking each other or our craft. It is one thing to endorse a product but somewhere this is going farther than necessary.
Again, I have never had any thing but respect for you or your work. I have learned allot here, love the people on here. You have created through your efforts a place that speeds up the learning curv for us. Only one thing I would comment on. I am not a german american. In my eyes you are not Spanish American. you are an American. Race is a non issue if you don't use it yourself.
I do plan on asking Paul where this all started too. Belive it or not, he isn't that un aprochable.

Tony Weatherman
T.R.W. Photography
  View Public Profile Send a private message to trwphoto Visit trwphoto's homepage! Find More Posts by trwphoto

Old 10-21-2007, 01:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36203

coach is offline IP: 68.97.189.134

Thanks for posting. I have been in the business for 30 years and never been too happy with White Lighting products. Although, I have never owned a set. I have friends in the business that have the same problems with their lights your talking about. And when I used there lights I was very disappointed.
Even with this I was looking at buying one of there ring lights to try. I guess they can keep their equipment. I will try someone else's.
I'm sure my refusing to buy anything from White Lighting because of the CEO's racist comment will really affect there bottom line but where do we draw the line. When does this crap stop? I have had enough!

Thanks
RobertClick for larger version

Old 10-21-2007, 02:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamour™

My Mood:

Tony,

This isn't about what lights are best or who is bashing who, this is about a CEO making uncalled for racial remarks/slurs about people. As two editors of two separate photography magazines, both of Jewish faith, told me, this is uncalled for especially when their own roots go back to Europe.

Approachable or not, there is no call for any CEO to be stating something that can be misconstrued as racial, much less something false--an apology to all Latinos and all Europeans is needed, not "we provide the best customer service." Thanks, rg sends!

Click for larger version
Photographer & Author author of five photography books. My newest book is Socially Smart: Twitter Plus Facebook, Marketing Multipliers And Brand Boosters Click here for My Tweet Workshop Information and the Photo Blog
  View Public Profile Send a private message to rolandogomez Visit rolandogomez's homepage! Find More Posts by rolandogomez

Old 10-21-2007, 02:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 37304
Send a message via Yahoo to trwphoto

trwphoto is offline IP: 12.108.210.155

The French hate us and turn on us at every opportunity, The german's dislike us, We saved their buts a while back and now they all want us to go under. Send money but keep away from us. You can't name one country in this world except Great Brittan and Japan that doesn't want to see us fail. We are totally alone and in deep trouble.
If we don't stop fighting among ourselves and get along we will be in bigger trouble than we are. AGAIN, if you are American I don't care white, black latino it makes no difrence to me. Be american. I hate race as an issue between us.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to trwphoto Visit trwphoto's homepage! Find More Posts by trwphoto

Old 10-21-2007, 02:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamour™

My Mood:

Race wasn't the entire issue, public, false statements about WPPI and Rangefinder were also brought up--in fact, the President of Rangefinder and WPPI personally called Mr. Buff to assure him his statements were wrong and false. I agree, there should be no hate all the way around. All the best, rg sends!

Old 10-21-2007, 09:30 PM   #8 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 42307

Kennyb is offline IP: 65.5.183.112

I've seen some of your posts over on Dpreview and I was always bewildered at the attacks you took on that sight. Although I still visit that sight, because it has some good information from some great people, I always feel there is a huge amount of "snobbery" there. I wonder why you still post sometimes. Paul obviously has a beef with you, but I suppose all of us have our fair share of peoples that dislike us. I'm glad to see your skin is thicker than mine and you can roll with the punches, as I would have been banned a long time ago on that sight if I received the kind of comments you have.
As for Europeans, ........hell I married one! Good Luck Rolando!
Ken

Old 10-21-2007, 09:36 PM   #9 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamour™

My Mood:

Thanks for the nice comments. I posted this on another forum and of course the folks that caused problems here jumped all over it--funny how people's true colors show...all the best, rg sends!

Old 10-21-2007, 09:55 PM   #10 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 41572

DBA1 is offline IP: 75.82.18.73

I do not condone racism in any way shape or form. I believe in all the freedoms our great country affords us and all the great people who have defended our right to those freedoms.

In my humble opinion, this is a matter that in any industry should and could be taken up privately. Airing trash publicly, on either side, even if “cleared by counsel” and on your own forum seems nothing more than self serving and in poor taste.

Rick.

Closed Thread