Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Community Related Forumss > Off Topic

Off Topic Absolutely no Politics or Religion--talk about anything else!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Time to travel nekkid..
Old 08-19-2006, 11:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamour™

Member GG#: 1
Comments: 10
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to rolandogomez

rolandogomez is offline IP: 208.54.95.1

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Last week while we were in the Virgin Islands is when all this terror at the airports started up again and we were all wondering if we'd have to check in our expensive camera equipment--as it looked like you wouldn't be able to carry anything on the planes any more.

While that didn't happen, we had our bags checked and rechecked, even as we boarded the plane at the gate--well VI is next to the "British" Virgin Islands so I'm sure that didn't help.

Now if people find a method to make clothes explosive, will we have to start boarding the planes nekkid? My point is simple, at what point do we stop? It reminds me of when they said bacon can cause cancer, then salt, then basically everything we eat. Man I hope they never make explosive eyeglasses then I'll have to travel without them and I can't see diddly without my glasses (grin). Remember those X-ray glasses? Farfetched, you never know.

In my opinion, at some point we have to stop otherwise the terrorist have won. Before you know it, planes will be limited to only the very richest who can afford to fly nekkid. While I personally believe in security and welfare of people in all areas, especially as someone who has traveled in 39 countries, I also believe we have to draw the line somewhere.

Just my two centavos worth as it's time to revist why I can take my plainly labeled, purchased at the airport after security, in a clear cup with ice and a straw, Starbucks black lemonade iced-tea sold to me over the counter in front of 20 other people waiting in line.

By the way, back to checking in expensive camera equipment on the plane, if you read all the fine-print in your plane ticket jackets from all the airlines, computers and "photographic equipment" they are not responsible for, period. Zero, zelch, nine, nacht, nada. And, of what they are responsibile for, most claim only up to $2800, that's it. Just FYI as camera equipment and all electronic related equipment is free of airline responsibilities--even as a pro shooter.

Your thoughts? Wishing you the best, rg sends!
Photographer & Author author of five photography books. My newest book is Socially Smart: Twitter Plus Facebook, Marketing Multipliers And Brand Boosters Click here for My Tweet Workshop Information and the Photo Blog
  View Public Profile Send a private message to rolandogomez Visit rolandogomez's homepage! Find More Posts by rolandogomez

Re: Time to travel nekkid..
Old 08-19-2006, 12:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 40659
Comments: 0

Huey51 is offline IP: 64.203.20.184

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

I think that it will eventually be determined that airlines are ultimately indefensible against a determined, well-funded and tech-saavy terrorist group. Small amounts of inert substances can be combined on-board to produce explosives or poisonous gasses. It's good to have security, but people can always find a way around it.
  View Public Profile Find More Posts by Huey51

Re: Time to travel nekkid..
Old 08-19-2006, 03:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 40667
Comments: 0
My Mood:

Wrlss911Pro is offline IP: 68.154.107.19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huey51
I think that it will eventually be determined that airlines are ultimately indefensible against a determined, well-funded and tech-saavy terrorist group. Small amounts of inert substances can be combined on-board to produce explosives or poisonous gasses. It's good to have security, but people can always find a way around it.
Well said. The Secret Service has always said that anyone can be assassinated, as long as the assassin is willing to trade their life for the target. We are now living in a reality where these Jihadists will do just that.

What I disagree with is our reaction. IMHO we have been sticking our heads in the sand over a lot of stuff. For example, reports are now coming out about this London-NY flight diverted to Boston last week. Official statements have been that the woman was not dangerous, not a terrorist incident, etc. Granted she has some serious mental health issues but the following was entered into the court and not disputed by her defense team; She lives in Pakistan half of the time, she had lighters, a screwdriver and liguids in her carryon - despite being searched at least twice. And, I love this part claims to have contacts with and I quote "a two word named organization".

If I were a bad guy, this is just the kind of person I would recruit.

I agree with Rolando, that we need to make a stand, we also need to quit deceiving ourselves that these people won't reach our shores. We are facing a determined, unscrupulous enemy, that is fighting a guerilla war against us simply because of the lives we get to lead. I don't want to be inconvenienced anymore than the next guy, and I certainly don't want to check my electronics or camera equipment, but I am also willing to endure some things to keep breathing.

Having said all of that, this kind of reaction is the kind of victory the jihadist want. They want to affect our economy and change our lives. They want to party just like it is 1199, with full Sharia law in effect.

These are some bad people, and the defense is to stand up to them. That and buy them lifetime subscriptions to Playboy and People magazine. :-)

On a related note, I don't think traveling nekkid would be that bad coming back from VI with a bunch of models ;-)

Also, since Grizzard famously said; "Naked is when you don't have any clothes on. Nekkid is when you don't have any clothes on and you are up to something."

So, RG, what are you up to?

Thus endeth the rant.

Paul Fletcher
Arrow Photography
Cumming, GA
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Wrlss911Pro Find More Posts by Wrlss911Pro